10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    The date leads me to believe that its not something for now but for later. No way blizz would start designing in game footage or even building a expansion without trademarking it first. WOD was trademarked like 2-3 months pre blizzcon not 2 weeks. I expect that this might be the Next WoW expansion but that we will not hear about it until Early/mid 2015
    Are you sure about that? I distinctly remember it showing up a week before Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to be severely disappointed if this turned out to be a hearthstone expansion. Would be such a waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Would this make you buy WoD is its learned that they fit together in some substantial way?
    No. I am not playing WoD because I am bored of WoW and I have other games I'd rather play when WoD launches. Still curious to see what happens at Blizzcon and what Overwatch is.

Are you sure about that? I distinctly remember it showing up a week before Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm wrong.
    No the last couple of expansions have been trademarked a week before Blizzcon. Possibly before Wrath, but I didn't pay as much attention to WoW news back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ZavBE View Post
    Eh it was mildly entertaining but I've seen better, plus the fact someone took time to write down their list of nonsensical demands for an audience of strangers on the internet for their imaginary RPG just kinda made me sad to think about.

Anyway!

So they've started integrating portions of the (real life) RPG into WoD - Azuka Bladefury's father and siblings were RPG only then they appeared in Nagrand.
    Were the references to the Eye of Azshara in the RPG regarding it as the Goblin-zone or as a portion of the Maelstrom?
    Nope. But the more practical answer would be if it refered to the 'eye' in the middle of the Azshara zone; which the Goblins turned into a mechanical paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    The date leads me to believe that its not something for now but for later. No way blizz would start designing in game footage or even building a expansion without trademarking it first. WOD was trademarked like 2-3 months pre blizzcon not 2 weeks. I expect that this might be the Next WoW expansion but that we will not hear about it until Early/mid 2015
    2-3 months before Blizzcon? That's a flat out lie.

Warlords of Draenor trademark: November 1st
    Warlords of Draenor announcement: November 8th

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm wrong.
    No, you're right. the WoD trademark literally appeared a week before Blizzcon. November 1st: same day as the Eye of Azshara trademark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    No the last couple of expansions have been trademarked a week before Blizzcon. Possibly before Wrath, but I didn't pay as much attention to WoW news back then.
    Thats what I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

I just have so much trouble connecting the dots and coming up with Hearthstone. Both are possible, but WoW seems much more likely. If WoD launched 6 months ago no one would be saying Hearthstone. This is quite a unique situation we have here.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They get trademarked early in third world countries like Swaziland.

Then about a week before their reveal the trademark is moved to the US.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Sure they adored beauty, but they also loved their queen. Considering that what she did gave them almighty power and immortality, I don't think too many people are upset with her.
    It was also strongly implied in the War of the Ancients book series by Illidan (as well as Mannoroth and Xavius too I think) that Azshara used her magic largely to enchant and persuade those around her. The people adored her and did everything they could for her because she basically compelled them to do so. The people on the outside that never came into contact with her simply liked her because that is how they were socialized and they had no reason thus far to dislike her. With that in mind, I highly doubt that the Naga's general disposition has changed towards their queen too much over the past 10k years. She most likely keeps those close to her under heavy enchantment, and everyone else is socialized to like/love her and hate everything not Naga. The story for hating everything not naga is pretty compelling too: We were trying to bring perfection to the world and some bad Night Elves betrayed us and blew up the Well of Eternity and we were caught up in the explosion. The old gods saved us, and give us power. etc.

Now a little off-topic.
    Honestly I'm really skeptical about the old gods (specifically N'zoth) actually turning the Highborne into Naga. We learned from our time in Pandaria that the Well of Eternity was most likely a well of arcane energy used to speed up the evolution of a species. More likely than not, no one was supposed to actually submerge themselves in it, even more so with so much magic going on. What if the Highborne would have simply become Naga even without Old God intervention, the Old Gods just showed up to give the encouragement to drop the shield and take credit? For the old gods it's a win-lose nothing scenario. Either they get devoted followers or they watch things die, but they don't stand to lose anything if they all died. This isn't to say that the Naga are the eventuality of troll/elven evolution, as the only way to survive was for the Highborne to become aquatic/amphibious creatures. Their physical changes might have just been just a product of the Well advancing them in a fashion that enabled their survival.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Nope. But the more practical answer would be if it refered to the 'eye' in the middle of the Azshara zone; which the Goblins turned into a mechanical paradise.

That's a Horde symbol. No where has that been called an eye in lore. You're grabbing for straws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    That's a Horde symbol. No where has that been called an eye in lore. You're grabbing for straws.
    Of course they are. I've done some google searches and everybody jumped on Hearthstone: Eye of Azshara immediately because they simply assumed "it's WoW's year off."

Because nobody believes it when the devs say they intend to have only 2 tiers in WoD.

We'll get the answer on Friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    It was also strongly implied in the War of the Ancients book series by Illidan (as well as Mannoroth and Xavius too I think) that Azshara used her magic largely to enchant and persuade those around her. The people adored her and did everything they could for her because she basically compelled them to do so. The people on the outside that never came into contact with her simply liked her because that is how they were socialized and they had no reason thus far to dislike her. With that in mind, I highly doubt that the Naga's general disposition has changed towards their queen too much over the past 10k years. She most likely keeps those close to her under heavy enchantment, and everyone else is socialized to like/love her and hate everything not Naga. The story for hating everything not naga is pretty compelling too: We were trying to bring perfection to the world and some bad Night Elves betrayed us and blew up the Well of Eternity and we were caught up in the explosion. The old gods saved us, and give us power. etc.

Now a little off-topic.
    Honestly I'm really skeptical about the old gods (specifically N'zoth) actually turning the Highborne into Naga. We learned from our time in Pandaria that the Well of Eternity was most likely a well of arcane energy used to speed up the evolution of a species. More likely than not, no one was supposed to actually submerge themselves in it, even more so with so much magic going on. What if the Highborne would have simply become Naga even without Old God intervention, the Old Gods just showed up to give the encouragement to drop the shield and take credit? For the old gods it's a win-lose nothing scenario. Either they get devoted followers or they watch things die, but they don't stand to lose anything if they all died. This isn't to say that the Naga are the eventuality of troll/elven evolution, as the only way to survive was for the Highborne to become aquatic/amphibious creatures. Their physical changes might have just been just a product of the Well advancing them in a fashion that enabled their survival.
    Thats a very interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Of course they are. I've done some google searches and everybody jumped on Hearthstone: Eye of Azshara immediately because they simply assumed "it's WoW's year off."

Because nobody believes it when the devs say they intend to have only 2 tiers in WoD.

Everyone jumped on Eye of Azshara being a HS xpac because there's speculation Overwatch is a new IP. Since there's been only Overwatch and Eye of Azshara filings, and we know for a fact that there is going to be a HS xpac reveal, that leaves EoA as the HS expansion.

As Boub mentioned, there are holes in the Blizzcon schedule which would indicate a new game reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting work by Blizzplanet inadvertently adding ammo to it being legit in an article intended to declare it fake.

I went to The Benelux Office for Intellectual Property (BOIP) website where Eye of Azshara was filed. I attempted to create a funny trademark application, but at the end of the application submission it asked me to pay 240 Euros either directly (VISA/MasterCard) or by bank transfer.

The red text says: “if the application is refused the fees will not be refunded.” Interesting.

It is either legit or someone actually paid 240 Euros for a prank that lasts only 1 week (BlizzCon starts on November 7, 2014).
    They also go on about how TDB was a hoax that somehow got the 1:1 million chance of faking a legit expansion to Destiny, and about how the person listed as filing the trademark was a real law firm.

How many tiers do they usually have? I'm not a raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone jumped on Eye of Azshara being a HS xpac because there's speculation Overwatch is a new IP. Since there's been only Overwatch and Eye of Azshara filings, and we know for a fact that there is going to be a HS xpac reveal, that leaves EoA as the HS expansion.

As Boub mentioned, there are holes in the Blizzcon schedule which would indicate a new game reveal.
    Unless, same as Curse of Naxxrammas, the Hearthstone expansion is not trademarked.

We can't overlook the fact this TM mentions Game Disks when Hearthstone's didn't.

No theory is flawless until Boub leaks a WoW expansion, but there's more ammo saying WOW at this point than Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    How many tiers do they usually have? I'm not a raider.
    Vanilla: 4 (1, 2, AQ, 3)

BC: 3.5 (4, 5, 6, SWP)

Wrath: 4 (7, 8, 9, 10)

Cata: 3 (11, 12, 13)

MoP: 3 (14, 15, 16)

WoD: 2 (Planned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I think they will implement other WoW raids into Hearthstone in the near future. What I am curious is why it is only 'Eye of Azshara' and not 'Eyes'; does anyone know what the single eye stand for?
    one eye watches all ?

ever heard of Illuminati ?

Vanilla: 4 (1, 2, AQ, 3)

BC: 3.5 (4, 5, 6, SWP)

Wrath: 4 (7, 8, 9, 10)

Cata: 3 (11, 12, 13)

MoP: 3 (14, 15, 16)

WoD: 2 (Planned)
    I wouldn't consider AQ an actual tier, more of an off-raid. Same with ZA, and I'd consider SWP part of T6. WotLK sadly labeled TOC as tier 9 but I would've put it in the same category as AQ.

I really hate the idea of a 2-tier expansion.

Unless, same as Curse of Naxxrammas, the Hearthstone expansion is not trademarked.

We can't overlook the fact this TM mentions Game Disks when Hearthstone's didn't.

No theory is flawless until Boub leaks a WoW expansion, but there's more ammo saying WOW at this point than Hearthstone.
    Well isn't Curse of Naxxramas a patch of sorts, not an expansion? I googled "Curse of Naxxramas" and it's labelled as an "adventure", I'm not sure what the difference is between a HS "adventure" and an expansion. Does Blizzard usually trademark patch names for WoW?

I hope you're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I wouldn't consider AQ an actual tier, more of an off-raid. Same with ZA, and I'd consider SWP part of T6. WotLK sadly labeled TOC as tier 9 but I would've put it in the same category as AQ.

I really hate the idea of a 2-tier expansion.
    Ehhhh, it had its own sets. Just it wasn't numbered as a tier set.

Either way, you can see the number of raids tick down for WoD. In theory meaning a 6 month (at least) faster 7.0.