Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Honestly, I think 'Azshara' as a name would be too difficult for a majority of people to pronounce for it to be part of an expansion title.
    All I hear is Maexxna mispronounced all day ere day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    That's a Horde symbol. No where has that been called an eye in lore. You're grabbing for straws.

This is the "Eye" of Azshara. Doesn't matter if it hasn't been called that before. Azshara changed, the zone has almost nothing to do with the character now, it's new lore.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well isn't Curse of Naxxramas a patch of sorts, not an expansion? I googled "Curse of Naxxramas" and it's labelled as an "adventure", I'm not sure what the difference is between a HS "adventure" and an expansion. Does Blizzard usually trademark patch names for WoW?

I hope you're right.
    Adventure added some single-player opponents, an expansion is just adding a hundred or more new cards.

Really there's nothing big there that should warrant a trademark, especially since the expansion itself may be free (with the cards costing the usual 100 gold or $1.99 a pack).

And no, WoW patches are never trademarked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post

This is the "Eye" of Azshara. Doesn't matter if it hasn't been called that before. Azshara changed, the zone has almost nothing to do with the character now, it's new lore.
    Open your eyes before you talk about a zone being an eye.

ANd maybe rotate that image 90 degrees.

It's a Horde Symbol.

"Who cares if it hasn't been called that before, it will be now?"

If they change the name of Bilgewater Harbor, then sure. But if we want to use logic to determine what this is, then that isn't happening.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are you sure about that? I distinctly remember it showing up a week before Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm wrong.
    Actually your right. I guess it was cataclysm that was trademarked 3 months ahead of time.

The Eye of Azshara sounds too mystical for goblins and jazz to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Actually your right. I guess it was cataclysm that was trademarked 3 months ahead of time.
    Cata seemed to be a reaction to the impending mega leak by Boub (the famous one where everything short of a list of every zone's changes got leaked)

Its a HS expansion, Please let this dreadful idea die in a hole where it belongs.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    Its a HS expansion, Please let this dreadful idea die in a hole where it belongs.
    Except, over the last 12 hours, we've shot so many holes in it being Hearthstone related, and found so many reasons for it to be for WoW, that really the only reason more people aren't supporting it as Expansion VI is because they refuse to admit Blizz is pushing yearly expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    All I hear is Maexxna mispronounced all day ere day.
    I pronounce it M-eye-ex-na

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Open your eyes before you talk about a zone being an eye.

ANd maybe rotate that image 90 degrees.

It's a Horde Symbol.

"Who cares if it hasn't been called that before, it will be now?"

If they change the name of Bilgewater Harbor, then sure. But if we want to use logic to determine what this is, then that isn't happening.
    Why would I need to rotate the image when it's being displayed as Blizzard intended?
    Srs, go check your map. It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words

No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery.

It's a HS expansion, sorry.

the only reason more people aren't supporting it as Expansion VI is because they refuse to admit Blizz is pushing yearly expansions.
    They've talked about yearly expansions before. Can't blame people for not believing it.

Why would I need to rotate the image when it's being displayed as Blizzard intended?
    Srs, go check your map. It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words

No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery.

Feels like one to me too. Guess we'll see at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point we are basically repeating the same things again. I guess until the trademark gets approved we will have nothing else to talk about. Thread probably won grow much until Blizzcon.

I could also call it the Horseshoe of Azshara, does it make it that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading all these theories I am tending to believe that this could actually be a WoW expansion, even though I originally thought it was a Hearthstone expansion. Well I guess someone could have filed a TM but who would for 240 euros?

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    That was a long three months... *shivers*

10+ Year Old Account

They've talked about yearly expansions before. Can't blame people for not believing it.
    You rotate it because you're viewing it as it shows on the map but not how it's intended to look.

And I'm right now shouting obscenities at Wowpedia for sourcing this to a dead link buuuuuttttt.....

The Shattering radically changed the balance of power in Azshara. The Bilgewater Cartel goblins, the Horde's newest ally, have made their home here, building a city into the cliff side, and destroying the Azshara Crater to make way for a large quarry.[1] To show their loyalty to the Horde, the goblins have reshaped Azshara into a giant Horde symbol.[2]

delusion
    dɪˈl(j)uːʒ(ə)n
    noun
    an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Since the only poll on this trademark was closed for some reason, here is a poll that we can track!

http://strawpoll.me/2918239
    Last edited by Thalian; 2014-11-03 at 05:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just a Hearthstone Expansion /ResidentSleeper

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    delusion
    dɪˈl(j)uːʒ(ə)n
    noun
    an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    This is all speculation, none of us could say for certain either way. Someone isn't delusional for having an opinion...

I know what I would like the trademark to be (the next WoW expansion), but we shall see.