Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Recent change to the T17 models

Am I the only one who noticed, how they drastically they fucked up both normal/heroic and mythic sets in the first tier of WoD?

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-1243#modelviewer:22+0 mythic
    http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=1233#modelviewer:22+0 normal

Instead of those beautiful robes we now received this shortened "chest" pieces which destroy the whole feel of the sets. Really? Really Blizzard? How can anyone think *that* looks better than the robes previously designed in these sets. 2 weeks before the launch.. what a sad, stupid and unnecessary change. (and no, Im not even going to mention the "dk" like helmets, which I was going to hide anyway)

Wow, I can't believe this. It's such a pity there are absolutely zero green/yellow colored kilts in the game which might match.

In your opinion. The Warrior set might be the best since Dreadnaught.

Where'd the silithid wings on the druid tier go? They made that set one of the best looking of the new tier.
    ~RAWR!

I kinda like it - as long as we still get those insect wings in mythic I'll be fine with it.

My only issue is this: Does that worgen in the model viewer look like he's wearing boxer briefs on the outside of his pants?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought someone complained about this 2-3 months ago.

rip insect wings....guess they don't think bugs are apart of nature now...has to be thorns all the time >.>

What happened to the wings? They were one of the very very few things I thought were in good taste out of everything Blizzard's art team produces post wrath.

Deleted
    I still see the wings in the model viewer after changing the race to night elf and back again. So might be a bug with the model viewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wings are still there, its just that the robe is gone. It looks so weird without the robe, thats the point - I dont understand that one specific very late change.

Deleted
    not exactly late, it has been like that for a few months.

This cant be true. maybe there is a pants option and a robes options. As it stands this looks like absolute doo-doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippilongear View Post
    I kinda like it - as long as we still get those insect wings in mythic I'll be fine with it.

My only issue is this: Does that worgen in the model viewer look like he's wearing boxer briefs on the outside of his pants?
    If you look at the Tier 17 mythic right now there are no bug wings attached to the shoulder pads

Yeah, I don't see the wings at all. Are they ephemeral now or what?

I've heard the wings are still there, but they are intermittent. Why would they change it to a pant set? It doesn't even look natural. AWESOME HELMET AND SHOULDERS... and here's some ugly pants with what looks like a chastity belt attached. Cool.

Probably bugged - also no robe looks like a bug aswell - when i was on beta almost all classes had fuked up chest/robes

Also post on US forums if u havent
    Last edited by Dubalazi; 2014-11-05 at 09:08 AM.

Sadly it does look like they have changed the shoulders as well. When using a model edit on live the shoulders are way more spikey and drip what appears to be acid. It matches the rest of the set and I like them, but I much prefer the former model. Hopefully it's just a bug in game and the actual item has the correct graphic or its reverted. Just paste the item url from wowhead to see for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the wings on the Mythic set. Would be a nice idea if only mythic had the wings. Adds a difference between the two sets.

90% of the time we are in a form, so does it really matter that much?

I really wish they could figure out a way to add the armor we are wearing to the forms. That would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    90% of the time we are in a form, so does it really matter that much?

I really wish they could figure out a way to add the armor we are wearing to the forms. That would be amazing!

As a resto druid, 90% of the time I am a cow. So I'd like some decent looking gear. But other druids, yes, you guys tend to be cats and bears and owls.