Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Insane Aquamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    18,141
    Quote Originally Posted by elinur View Post
    Loot rules:

    What happens when I clear all bosses on normal and then I join a new/fresh normal run, but loot rules are set to masterlooter. Can I get loot again?
    No. You only have 1 shot at loot per week (outside of bonus rolls).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

    RPG is non-canon by default. (MickyNeilson)

  2. #22
    Deleted
    But it's set to master looter, what stops the master looter from just giving me an item?

  3. #23
    The Insane Aquamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    18,141
    Quote Originally Posted by elinur View Post
    But it's set to master looter, what stops the master looter from just giving me an item?
    You won't show up on the list of lootable people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

    RPG is non-canon by default. (MickyNeilson)

  4. #24
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,179
    Quote Originally Posted by elinur View Post
    But it's set to master looter, what stops the master looter from just giving me an item?
    You'll already be loot saved. You are ineligible to get any loot.

    Just like if you go into ICC with someone collecting Shadowfrost Shards and you can't use them, you simply won't be able to roll/have them given to you.

  5. #25
    Deleted
    Thank you for the replies guys, got it

  6. #26
    Deleted
    I have a question, So my guild is thinking about extended a lockout, I am curious that if some of us pug the bosses that we wont be able to do with the extended lockout and then come back in to do them at a later date with the guild, does it reduce the total loot haul from the boss since x amount of players have looted it or is the loot based on number of players per lockout regardless of if they have looted the boss?

  7. #27
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    7,035
    The chance for loot is based on the amount of people who are eligible (hasn't killed the boss in question yet in that difficulty) to loot the boss in a single lockout (week).
    Mari of Punished (EU, social raiding group/guild)
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid | Youtube | My Anime list

  8. #28
    My guild typically runs Normal/Heroic on Fridays and then runs a much smaller exclusive group on Sundays that is aimed at mythic. I don't have the time or resources to fight for a mythic spot so i am usually not invited to Sunday runs. So If we kill all the bosses up to boss's 1-5 and call it a night on Friday and I am not the raid leader on Friday can I then on Sunday form my own group as raid leader and continue on where I left off on the normal/heroic difficulty without interfering with the exclusive group's id's? Sorry if you already covered this somewhere else but i didn't see responses like my issue on this thread. Thanks.

  9. #29
    For a Normal/Heroic lockout, nothing you do will affect other people. You can do whatever you want on Sunday. If you are the raid leader on Sunday, bosses 1-5 will not be spawned. If somebody else who hasn't looted them yet is the raid leader, bosses 1-5 will be spawned, and you will not be eligible for loot from them (except bonus rolls and BoE's).

    Your guild's Mythic team has a completely different lockout for that difficulty. Nothing that anyone does in Normal or Heroic will affect it.

  10. #30
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    7,035
    I was pondering about a ML and being loot saved?
    If ML is loot saved to boss X, will s/he still be able to see the loot and click on the corpse with loot on boss X the usual way and distribute it? OR does the ML has to be w/o a loot lock to boss X?
    Mari of Punished (EU, social raiding group/guild)
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid | Youtube | My Anime list

  11. #31
    The Insane Aquamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    18,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I was pondering about a ML and being loot saved?
    If ML is loot saved to boss X, will s/he still be able to see the loot and click on the corpse with loot on boss X the usual way and distribute it? OR does the ML has to be w/o a loot lock to boss X?
    Should function like normal, just with the ML not being on the list of people when assigning the loot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

    RPG is non-canon by default. (MickyNeilson)

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    The chance for loot is based on the amount of people who are eligible (hasn't killed the boss in question yet in that difficulty) to loot the boss in a single lockout (week).
    So, does this mean then that...

    10 person raid, 5 have killed a boss - you're only guaranteed one item instead of 2 then?

    I might have to talk to some of my raiders. A few of them are doing pugs on offnights and killing bosses before we get to them later in the week, and if they're actively hurting loot chances, then that's a concern.

  13. #33
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I was pondering about a ML and being loot saved?
    If ML is loot saved to boss X, will s/he still be able to see the loot and click on the corpse with loot on boss X the usual way and distribute it? OR does the ML has to be w/o a loot lock to boss X?

    Pretty sure if the ML is saved the loot is automatically raid rolled

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    So, does this mean then that...

    10 person raid, 5 have killed a boss - you're only guaranteed one item instead of 2 then?

    I might have to talk to some of my raiders. A few of them are doing pugs on offnights and killing bosses before we get to them later in the week, and if they're actively hurting loot chances, then that's a concern.
    That is correct. I THINK one person is worth 20% of an item. If 5 are not saved you do 5*20% to get 100% of an item. If 12 people are not saved you get 12*20% so 240% or TWO items with a 40% chance to get a THIRD

  14. #34
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    Pretty sure if the ML is saved the loot is automatically raid rolled
    Wasn't able to test it out on last lock-out. I was/am concerned that if I, as ML, cannot loot the corpse of a killed boss, in order to get the loot I will have to make the ticket...
    Is someone out there with personal experience about being loot locked ML?

    Just don't want to make people wait cause I didn't know that for fact (when I have to make a ticket to GM to get loot sent to correct people). But if it gets auto raid rolled all good as well, at least people will get their loot and I get to pass ML to someone else who holds the raid lock
    Mari of Punished (EU, social raiding group/guild)
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid | Youtube | My Anime list

  15. #35
    Brewmaster Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,362
    So how would it work in this example:

    Saved (extended) lockout to skip first two bosses of HFC to start. Progressed through to Zakuun for night 1.
    On night 2 we want to start from Zakuun onwards (forever skipping first two bosses of HFC).

    Would the toon used to skip the first two bosses be used to start night 2 (which would leave all the bosses prior to Zakuun up) or a toon which actually went through those bosses on night 1 (but skipped the first two)?

    Thanks!
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  16. #36
    what if i do a 10 man normal amd i still able to do it 25 heroic or vice versa

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Into The Light View Post
    what if i do a 10 man normal amd i still able to do it 25 heroic or vice versa
    Normal and Heroic are completely different lockouts, so you can do both each week.

  18. #38
    This help me out big time for cross realm and recruitment. Thanks for posting.

  19. #39
    Deleted
    How does extending work on Mythic. My guild only does upper floor in HFC but I might want to do lower with part of the team supplemented by some pugs. Is it possible for those pugs to extend our lockout so we also miss the loot from upper tier bosses that we need? So screwing us up with regards to loot. I have never done any extending so I have some questions.

    Al information about this I found was about SoO and I dont know if stuff has changed. What I picked up: Each reset you can choose to extend a lockout. The raid instance copies the lockout from the first person that enters (or the leader?). All players that enter after that get the message if they want to accept this lockout or not. If you did not kill any bosses yet you can 'de-extend' your lockout as well, giving you a fresh lockout.

    So this would mean that even if a pug we take on chooses to extend this lockout we can simply not accept this lockout. Is this correct? Are there any other risks?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    How does extending work on Mythic. My guild only does upper floor in HFC but I might want to do lower with part of the team supplemented by some pugs. Is it possible for those pugs to extend our lockout so we also miss the loot from upper tier bosses that we need? So screwing us up with regards to loot. I have never done any extending so I have some questions.

    Al information about this I found was about SoO and I dont know if stuff has changed. What I picked up: Each reset you can choose to extend a lockout. The raid instance copies the lockout from the first person that enters (or the leader?). All players that enter after that get the message if they want to accept this lockout or not. If you did not kill any bosses yet you can 'de-extend' your lockout as well, giving you a fresh lockout.

    So this would mean that even if a pug we take on chooses to extend this lockout we can simply not accept this lockout. Is this correct? Are there any other risks?
    Mythic is given a serial number ID, lets call your 12345.

    If you kill upper and extend lockout 12345 the upper bosses will still be dead and the lower ones won't. You can kill lower but upper is still dead since you killed them last week on ID 12345.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •