Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    How does extending work on Mythic. My guild only does upper floor in HFC but I might want to do lower with part of the team supplemented by some pugs. Is it possible for those pugs to extend our lockout so we also miss the loot from upper tier bosses that we need? So screwing us up with regards to loot. I have never done any extending so I have some questions.

Al information about this I found was about SoO and I dont know if stuff has changed. What I picked up: Each reset you can choose to extend a lockout. The raid instance copies the lockout from the first person that enters (or the leader?). All players that enter after that get the message if they want to accept this lockout or not. If you did not kill any bosses yet you can 'de-extend' your lockout as well, giving you a fresh lockout.

So this would mean that even if a pug we take on chooses to extend this lockout we can simply not accept this lockout. Is this correct? Are there any other risks?
    I'm having a little trouble getting exactly what you're trying to do. As Deja mentioned, every mythic lockout has its own strict raid ID. So if you kill the first 2 bosses, sit out Kormrok, then re-join for Council, Kormrok is dead in your lockout too even though you weren't in on the kill.

If you kill the upper bosses with your guild, then do the lower ones with a group that includes some pugs, then those pugs would now have your lockout that has whatever lower bosses that you killed as dead, and whatever your guild killed in the upper floors dead as well.

What I don't quite understand is what you are trying to do in terms of extending your lockouts. The next week if any of those pugs extend the lockout, it won't affect you because you'll be clearing a fresh lockout. If you were going to extend that lockout as well, then you'd already be missing all of the bosses that were killed the previous week, which includes the upper bosses you did with your guild and the lower bosses you did with some pugs. The only way you would be affected by a pug extending their lockout is if that pug kills a boss you have not, which you wanted to extend to kill. So if your guild is working on Mannoroth for instance, so you clear the upper floors to him, work on progression on Mannoroth, then pug some of the lower level, those pugs have your lockout. If they extend it, and kill Mannoroth, then your guild extends it because you're close to a kill, now Mannoroth is dead for you too. Obviously that's an unlikely scenario, but that sort of thing did happen in SoO with pugs taking lockouts and killing bosses that a guild or rest of the pug wanted to do later on.

I have a question.

I raided last night with my guild on my mage and we cleared up to Gorefiend.

This guild will not be raiding mythic again this week.

I want to take this same toon and raid with a guild progressing on Xhul. Is this possible and if it is, will it ruin anything for people I am raiding with?

The guild tonight has no interest in clearing the lower tier fyi

Any responses are appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot mix and match lockouts. If you killed everything up to Gorefiend on Mythic then you cannot join the other mythic raid with the same character. On mythic each instance gets an ID and you cannot take your ID to some else. So sadly you cannot join their run no matter how many they have killed on Mythic.

If you decide to utilize the lock of yours for your own run in the same reset or be the one who makes the group for the other guild, then whatever extra you kill, will be killed in everyone else ID as well who were on the initial run with you (even if the lock gets extended).

Deleted
    Is there a specific limit to the amount of weeks a raid will remain in the raid info list without extending it at all for use for later? I'm interested in an alt holding a few old raid lockouts. I heard that game patches or server resets may purge that list sometimes, but I'm not talking about that.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-25 at 11:48 PM.

Longest i've held one is 2 weeks. It seems to disappear after the 2nd reset if you don't extend it. It could have been a weird patch or something that threw it off though.

Why would you not want to extend it though? You could just extend it on that alt even if you don't do anything with it that week just to be safe, unless you're holding a mythic HFC lockout just in case so you can keep another toon free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Longest i've held one is 2 weeks. It seems to disappear after the 2nd reset if you don't extend it. It could have been a weird patch or something that threw it off though.

Why would you not want to extend it though? You could just extend it on that alt even if you don't do anything with it that week just to be safe, unless you're holding a mythic HFC lockout just in case so you can keep another toon free.
    Well, I'm not stressing much about farming those so I may want to leave them undone for a while. I guess extending and not going would save it for more.

Deleted
    Do the Icecrown Citadel heroic saves still behave like mythic saves? I seem to be unable to use an alt to extend for another character and have that character do multiple kills of a boss without going through all other bosses again. In contrast Ulduar appears to be able to do that.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-06-06 at 12:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    man the amount of necroing in this thread :P its 2 years old, and every 3-6 months someone just picks it up again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    man the amount of necroing in this thread :P its 2 years old, and every 3-6 months someone just picks it up again...
    It's a sticky for a reason - to keep most of the useful info up top and have a place where people can ask questions and get answers rather then seeking some ancient topics god-knows how many pages down or create a new posts for the same thing.
    Hence if this post gets "bumped" it's fine.

Btw if you have issue with a thread or so FelPlague - use the report option, not just post something which is off-topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    It's a sticky for a reason - to keep most of the useful info up top and have a place where people can ask questions and get answers rather then seeking some ancient topics god-knows how many pages down or create a new posts for the same thing.
    Hence if this post gets "bumped" it's fine.

Btw if you have issue with a thread or so FelPlague - use the report option, not just post something which is off-topic.

Dident know it was sticky. And don't have a issue with the thread. It just popped up in recent threads and I was confused why it was necroed so many time: p
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Any idea why it fails to use an alt's save to do Illidan lately? I use the same method as in other raids. It appears that if the main gets in, it gets a warning that "9/9" is done (the alt had only 8/9) and then if the main immediately exits it stills gets immediately the 9/9 save!

Rules to be followed in such circumstances.

Thanks for your sharing, it was really helpful!

hey guys quick question

how long will the system retain a record of an expired raid lock out?

like say for the sake of argument i run icc or ulduar on a character. and then i dont do that raid again. how long will the system keep the lockout recorded for me to have the option to renew the lockout.

Is this forum is about dungeon and dragon?

I think Blizzard should kill off heroic split runs whether that means heroic lockout or not.

However, the problems that were 7 years ago are now also found in wow.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    Raid lockouts limit the number of times a character can kill a boss in a week for a chance at obtaining loot from that boss. Throughout the years, different raid lockout systems have been used, and multiple systems exist in the game depending on the system used at the time a raid was introduced

In my opinion Mythic will become puggeable