Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what stays permanently ?

i recently got access to hots and heres my question. what stays bound to account further in development and after the release ?

if i buy heroes/skins with gold/real money do they stay ?
    does the account level and hero levels stay as well ?

what else should i know ?

Deleted
    Anything you buy with money will stay for the retail version. Anything you acquire without money will be reset.
    Any skins you bought for money will always be yours. Any levels or achievements you acquired in the game, will be gone.

This is to offer an even playing field for players who did not play in the beta and did not level anything.
    Last edited by mmoc877584f10c; 2014-11-02 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    There shouldn't be any wipes anymore (this was explained in the e-mail hots message) so hero and character levels will stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Anything you buy with money will stay for the retail version. Anything you acquire without money will be reset.
    Any skins you bought for money will always be yours. Any levels or achievements you acquired in the game, will be gone.

This is to offer an even playing field for players who did not play in the beta and did not level anything.
    as to levels its quite understandable, but it sucks that heroes bought with gold wont stay and with money will

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    it sucks that heroes bought with gold wont stay and with money will
    It's pretty normal actually. Almost all multiplayer games and MMOs have early access times that also offer the option to contribute to the game by buying your access to the alpha/beta, buying characters, skins, vehicles etc...

By paying money you get something that will stick all through the retail version and you also contributed to the game's budget which will be directly translated into game quality.

Deleted
    No more wipes, enjoy the game as it develops into closed//open beta//release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    No more wipes, enjoy the game as it develops into closed//open beta//release
    im confused now. so will heroes bought will gold stay too or not ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    im confused now. so will heroes bought will gold stay too or not ?
    Blizzard has said that it is unlikely that there will be any further wipes, which would include heroes and levels. However, they have not absolutely ruled it out and there is even a mention of it in-game, where it is specifically stated that Blizzard will execute a wipe they see it fit. However, IIRC, it also says specifically that items purchased with real money would not be wiped, but those purchased with gold would be refunded.

I really want to nolife but I'm scared their will be a wipe lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I wouldn't really worry about a wipe if Blizzard said it's unlikely to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I wouldn't really worry about a wipe if Blizzard said it's unlikely to happen.
    This, but I would not put it past them to have another wipe, in Hearthstone, we will not wipe again..and they did. I am not saying that it will happen again, but I it is possible.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    This, but I would not put it past them to have another wipe, in Hearthstone, we will not wipe again..and they did. I am not saying that it will happen again, but I it is possible.
    Yeah, my point was, don't hold yourself back if you enjoy the game just because there's a possibility of another wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

It's highly unlikely at this point that they'll do another wipe. I will however get supremely pissed off if they do wipe it again. I'm level 24, with only 1.4 million xp to go until I get Anub'arak's master skin. If they take that away...

I'm way more worried about talent gating being kept in the game because it's a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    I'm way more worried about talent gating being kept in the game because it's a terrible idea.
    it takes you about 4 games max to unlock it. Im more upset that they use LoL hero rotation model instead of DotA all hero free.

Deleted
    I have not played it yet but that's something i am glad they did, if its anything i hate about dota its the lockboxes, and the 10 piece sets ,and the shitty random drops.

I would rather have a rotation, so they can make money off of heroes, skins and mounts, they even give you a way to unlock extra stuff through gameplay, in dota you have to pray to the rng to get the drop you want.

when HoTS is released you will mainly get your money back on your battle.net account. and then you can spend it on either HOTS when you want and how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    it takes you about 4 games max to unlock it. Im more upset that they use LoL hero rotation model instead of DotA all hero free.
    True, but at least they do give you the option to try the hero before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    That's not how i remember it, Didn't they wipe it a couple of times, then say it's very unlikely that a wipe will happen again, like they did here in hots, and then never wiped anything again.

There are no plans for a future wipe at this point. Blizzard are planning on letting everything roll over in to closed beta and beyond now.