Preparing for WoD: Best Spec/rotation for Leveling

I was looking for a similar thread but found nothing, so sorry if this is out of place.

Every expansion pack comes and goes and I always wonder how best I should be playing for leveling. Obviously a healing spec will be there for the 5 mans, but I am curious about leveling. I always hear that Shadow is best for questing, but I've seemingly always played really poorly as shadow and the damage produced never seems to be significantly more than I do as Disc. So the question is - what is the best spec for solo questing in WoD and what rotation/general play tips can I get?

I've always found leveling as a priest to be very tedious, especially compared to my alt Mage.

Shadow. It is and always will be the best leveling spec. As for rotations check out the 6.0 shadow guide at the top of these forums. That should at least get you close.

Ive normally leveled up as both Disc and Holy every expansion. Did the same with all my other healers. Having farted around very briefly in the beta, leveling as both Disc/Holy was aweful. For me at least. I swapped to Shadow and things went much quicker.

Disc/Holy have had their damage nerfed to shit, so Shadow is pretty much the only way to go.

VT/Pain -> MB/MF? Not exactly difficult. Once you hit 100 though, it might be better for dailies/rep grinding to use Clarity of Power.

Glyph of Mind Harvest looks like it will be useful for leveling as well.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-04 at 05:56 PM.

Shadow with mastery build.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zpy61-jNs

Fast and efficient.

Stack mastery and you will hit 4.5k mindspikes in full pvp gear at around 1.2s casttime, so in high level pve gear it will be alot more. Things usually die in 2 mindspikes or the instant mindblast that follows after. Next npc will be mindspike on cd, but you then just SW. Once you build up 3 orbs, 1 button kill on the next mob with DP, while you flay another mob with insanity, and probably a third if the dmg is high enough with a few crits inbetween.

This will of course degrade a bit with higher levels and less mastery, but should be pretty strong up until 3-4 levels in. Then just decide if you keep the playstyle or change back to the tried and tested dot playstyle.

Would love to have Clarity of Power for leveling, but meh... gotta wait till 100

glyph of mind harvest can be quite good for leveling, as well. you're constantly finding new targets to hit, so the orb generation is quite nice.

I'd say haste stacked shadow with glyph of mindharvest might be awesome. MB + DP every mob. And when mb is not ready you can just Dot everything up.

Edit: this may only be good until like lvl 93-94 as stats will lose in value with increased lvl. I personally will go critstacked for lvling dotting everything to death.
    Last edited by ceall; 2014-11-06 at 09:59 AM.