Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Kalista, the Spear of Vengeance

IT'S HERE

Kalista, the Spear of Vengeance

Stats:
    (These may seem a little weird due to the preseason stat changes for all champions)
    Base HP: 517.76 (+83 per level)
    Base Mana: 231.8 (+35 per level)
    Base Movement Speed: 325
    Base Damage: 55.46 (+3 per level)
    Base Mana Regen Per Second: 1.26 (+0.08 per level)
    Base Attack Range: 550
    Base Magic Resist: 30 (+0 per level)
    Base Armor: 19.012 (+3.5 per level)
    Base HP Regen Per Second: 1.2 (+0.11 per level)

Skills:

The Black Spear (Unique Item)
    Active: Bind with an ally for the remainder of the game,
    becoming Oathsworn Allies. Oathsworn empowers you both while
    near one another. In inventory at the start of the game.

Passive: Martial Poise
    Kalista cannot cancel her attacks. If the target leaves vision, her attack will miss.
    If Kalista enters a movement command while winding up her basic attack or Pierce, she will drive through in that direction when she launches her attack, lunging a short distance.
    Dash distance scales with boot rank and is 25% greater when
    lunging backward.

Q: Pierce
    50/55/60/65/70 mana, 8 sec cooldown
    A fast but narrow projectile that deals 10/70/130/190/250(+100% total AD) physical damage. Triggers Martial Poise (P), Sentinel (W), and Rend (E).
    If it kills a target, Pierce continues onward, passing all stacks of Rend to the next target.

W: Sentinel
    Passive: When you and you Oathsworn both basic attack the same target within 1.5 seconds, you deal 12/14/16/18/20% of their max health as magic damage (minimum 100/125/150/175/200 damage to minions). 8 second cooldown per target.
    Active: Send a soul Sentinel to patrol an unseen area. Champions they see are revealed for 4 seconds. Sentinel lasts 7 laps.
    Kalista gains a charge of Sentinel every 60/55/50/45/40 seconds.

E: Rend
    35 mana, 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 sec cooldown
    While off cooldown, Kalista's spears pierce their target and linger there for 4 seconds.
    Active: Kalista rips the spears from nearby targets, dealing 20/35/50/65/80(+60% total AD) physical damage and slowing their Movement Speed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds. Each extra spear increases the damage by 20/25/30/35/40%, but not the slow.
    If it kills a target, Rend's cooldown is reset.

R: Fate's Call
    100 mana, 90/75/60 sec cooldown
    Draw Kalista's Oathsworn to her. For up to 4 seconds, the Oathsworn is untargetable but pacified.
    They may mouse click to fly toward target position, stopping at the first enemy champion hit, knocking all enemies in a small radius back and placing the Oathsworn at their maximum attack range from the enemy.
    Kalista's Oathsworn must be within 1400 units for her to cast this ability.

SKIN:
    Blood Moon Kalista

Note that the spear and sword piercing her body will be gone when you get Soulbound to an ally.
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2014-11-05 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    Finally, I can pick up those lameass supports who hide behind me and literally throw them at the enemy lane

(yes, I realize they have to press the button, let me dream)

Deleted
    I don't know how we can pick who we Soulbind though, maybe throw a Q at the ally?

Deleted
    You start with a single-use item that you consume to start the soulbind

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine.

All mine.

Mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    You start with a single-use item that you consume to start the soulbind
    That would be weird... Would be better with a special trinket like Rengar or something.
    Unless you can get more for free or something, but in end-game you can't switch Soulbond to someone else then...
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2014-11-04 at 09:29 PM.

Seems like she'll be another sky-high skill ceiling ADC, like Vayne and Draven. I only hope she will actually have a place in the game. So far, out of the last few new ADCs, only Lucian is actually used, and Jinx is seeing some play if all the other hyper-carries are banned.

She does seem strong on paper, though. Requires some serious mechanical skills, but maybe the reward will be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Seems like she'll be another sky-high skill ceiling ADC, like Vayne and Draven. I only hope she will actually have a place in the game. So far, out of the last few new ADCs, only Lucian is actually used, and Jinx is seeing some play if all the other hyper-carries are banned.

She does seem strong on paper, though. Requires some serious mechanical skills, but maybe the reward will be worth it.
    Her usability really depends on your support. It can go really well or really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

Jinx was picked when fast pushing and heavy seiging was popular. Same with Cait. Now hyper carries are big and fast pushing isn't as effective, so you see less of them.

I expect her to hold a place similar to Ashe tbh. More of a support carry. Her damage might be higher than Ashe, but the same sort of utility is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I expect her to hold a place similar to Ashe tbh. More of a support carry. Her damage might be higher than Ashe, but the same sort of utility is there.
    Well, the one thing Ashe needs to become a top tier ADC is slightly more damage. Right now, she hits like a wet noodle until she gets 2-3 items, reason being that she only has one damaging skill. Late game she's a monster thanks to the arrow, though, can't count how many games I won with them. I still play her sometimes, but it can be frustrating, I have to outplay my opponent pretty hard if I want to win lane. So if Kalista has more damage with similar utility...
    Last edited by Airlick; 2014-11-04 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Oh god that passive though. And the trolling potential of her ulti..

Not gonna lie, I don't like the idea of my adc being able to throw me at the enemy. I am gonna have to prepare myself for the impending trolling at the hands of my laning partner 8(

Deleted
    It's like dead Nid in a way.
    Seems quite cool from preview tho, gotta try it out when she comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEater View Post
    Not gonna lie, I don't like the idea of my adc being able to throw me at the enemy. I am gonna have to prepare myself for the impending trolling at the hands of my laning partner 8(
    They can't. Soul bound person decides when to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    They can't. Soul bound person decides when to go in.
    Ah I see, they can't throw me, but they can still suck me up. Anybody know what happens when Kalista dies and has a soul-bound ulted? Does the soul-bound still have access to the leap or do they just immediately become targetable again?

She looks freaking nuts.

Like, holy hell, her passive gives her such insane mobility. With some attack speed, there's no way that a melee who doesn't have like, a permanent super slow can stay on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another CertainlyT champion. I fully expect her to be crazy broken on release and completely warp the game for awhile. That aside she looks super fun. From the videos it looks like her auto range is fairly short, which might be why she has such a crazy passive.

She looks really fun and I'm excited to play her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Max AS, hop around fights, and never die.

She's def going to see play in competitive games, due to her W. Since early dragon control will be more important with the crab minion, that W is insane for vision. Her ult is also one of the better adc ults, might even be the best adc ult ever.

Im personally not that excited about her. She looks fun to play, but i probably won't buy her on release.
    Last edited by Ergar; 2014-11-05 at 03:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    She will be fun with a Yasuo jungler and Janna/Nami support - all those knockups!

Because she's a CertainlyT champ I do expect her to be OP on launch, but nerfed in the second week probably. She does have two fairly strong weaknesses though:
    1) she appears to have very short AA range - which should mean lots of longer-range ADCs will be able to deny her CS and,
    2) she relies on AS for survivability / mobility, and also to land her combo hits with her soul-bound partner reliably.

That means she makes a fairly important choice in her first few items - either she builds AS so she can dodge/farm better when she gets a shot, or she builds AD so she can actually poke effectively - since her counter-picks (likely cait / jinx) won't ever need to come into Kalista's AA range (unless they overextend / get caught). So either her Pierce will hit like a wet noodle, or her farm will be even easier to deny - you beat Kalista by denying her CS until late game, and then leverage your gold lead to win teamfights while she undoubtedly tries to catch up on farm.

Agreed about the vision and ult though - such a strong toolkit for an ADC - kind of like Quinn actually, except better (poor Quinn).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-11-05 at 03:19 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter