Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    And the simple counter to that is

"Oh look, another tier where my BiS weapon is a 2H sword, for the eighth time." *Deposits axes, maces and polearms into bank*

Or "OH LOOK, A STRENGTH POLEARM...shit, it's got haste, ah well" *deposits to bank*

That is why the limited transmog options were done away with.
    Which I completely understand. I got frustrated with that myself, and actually I'm still in that boat on my main (Warlock). I think it's a very valid argument, and I see why Blizz did what they did, but I think there are other options to address that situation that still leave choice of xmog more based on what you actually have equipped (such as doing a simple pass of "2h axe was BiS last tier ? make it a polearm this tier", etc, etc, etc.)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    You have a Point, but who about the RNG for the people it took years to finally get that Legendary. Being able to X-mog it into a current item being used, makes that journey and hard work worth it. Just my Humble Opinion
    Like I said, I agree that Legendaries should be 'transmoggable'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Like I said, I agree that Legendaries should be 'transmoggable'.
    I apologize, I miss read your statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why special snowflakes feel like fucking the rest of us over, considering the weapons sit in your damned bank and do absolutely NOTHING.

Everyone thinks that as soon as legendaries are able to be transmog'd, that everyone and their dog is going to do it. Probably for the first month or so, just because they can. Be eventually they will realize these weapons look like garbage with their favored transmog sets, and will go back to using what they had before.

Trying to fuck over the rest of the playerbase just because a select few want to feel special is extremely stupid. I personally have TF, Rag Hammer, and Glaives sitting on several characters, the bow on my hunter, and even if they DID allow them to transmog, I wouldn't use them. I bet a lot of people would be like that, too. They just don't GO with anything.

I have yet to see a valid argument as to why we CAN'T transmog them. All of them boil down to, "I want to feel like a special snowflake, screw everybody else!"

You want to block a transmog because you're afraid (rofl) of seeing too many of them? Fucking block Cursed Vision of Sargeras, Pally T2, shit like that. Especially the Cursed Vision. My god, every other leather wearer is using it. And I can't count how many pallies I've seen running around in T2. If your only complaint is that lots of people are going to use an item, there are several more items that are much bigger offenders than seeing people with warglaives. And really, who cares? We already have tons of clones running around, how does it bother YOU that someone else decided to use an old legendary weapon for their set? Hell, you can already do it with the Rag Hammer, they remade it for Firelands. I can't say I've seen more than one or two, ever. And mostly with Pally T2 lol.

I got TF and Rag Hammer when they were current. I farmed the rest much later. They take a lot of time and effort, and a fair amount of RNG, to get them. What makes you feel so special to have all that hard work just sitting in your bank? You pull it out and wear it around town? Tons of people do that, you aren't special. I don't feel special for farming them. I feel offended that Blizzard won't let us show off our hard work. And it's people like all you special snowflakes that are holding the rest of us back. So, thanks. Way to ruin the fun for everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Would be great. Don't expect it to happen for at least several more expansion cycles if ever though. As for it being everywhere, take a look at generic transmogs and the challenge mode / garrosh heroic mounts. After the patch and complete faceroll of new "mythic" SoO, there's been countless more welfare mounts tossed around like candy.

Take a look at the DMF firebird wings. Before rings were phased properly, there were some but steadily increasing numbers of people obtaining them. At this time, 90% of the people I see around have it. Sure, they are cool but they lose their appeal when it's so widespread.

Legendaries largely have always been pertaining to RNG so I don't see any harm in allowing them to be transmogged.
    Stay salty my friends.

Legendaries are still fairly difficult to get. Either you have a lengthy quest chain with difficult, non-soloable steps, or you have a very very rare drop. I don't see why they aren't moggable right now. If I was blizz I'd do one of two things -

• Make legendaries moggable, but at a high cost (1 to 5k per mog) as a gold sink.
    • Make legendaries moggable, but you have to complete a very difficult solo challenge before you unlock the option to mog it. This could be a black harvest style scenario, or a Brawler's guild style boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Legendaries are still fairly difficult to get. Either you have a lengthy quest chain with difficult, non-soloable steps, or you have a very very rare drop. I don't see why they aren't moggable right now. If I was blizz I'd do one of two things -

• Make legendaries moggable, but at a high cost (1 to 5k per mog) as a gold sink.
    • Make legendaries moggable, but you have to complete a very difficult solo challenge before you unlock the option to mog it. This could be a black harvest style scenario, or a Brawler's guild style boss.
    The Gold sink Idea is actually a good one. And I still think even if they just allowed it to be open, what? maybe, 1-2% of the population in each server has one?

The Gold sink Idea is actually a good one. And I still think even if they just allowed it to be open, what? maybe, 1-2% of the population in each server has one?
    Yeah, I mean they certainly wouldn't be everywhere. More common than now, maybe, but still not super super common. Hell I've been farming weekly for Thunderfuly and Sulfuras since WotLK and all I have to show for it is the binding from Garr.

Deleted
    I sincerely hope they wont allow it. I have my third set of glaives (rogue, then dk and now on my monk), and the last drop didnt even feel special at all. I also have valanyr, sulfuras, shadowmourne and thoridal (which would be fine because the twins bow is actually more impressing)...If you watched some beta streams (when legendaries scaled up), it just looks so silly when every single person has a legendary equipped of some sort...gush, please no, it's a fail like the beautiful darkmoon faire wings...so nice, but its rare when a person doesnt have them on.
    Last edited by mmoc5b08c1f47c; 2014-11-06 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Yeah, I mean they certainly wouldn't be everywhere. More common than now, maybe, but still not super super common. Hell I've been farming weekly for Thunderfuly and Sulfuras since WotLK and all I have to show for it is the binding from Garr.
    Don't worry: I farmed thunderfury for over a year on my warlock because.. just in case. The moment I finally got the second binding I logged to my warrior alt to run for the fiery cores etc to complete it.. and got another set of both bindings on that warrior in his first run ever.
    So once you have one, they seem to spawn everywhere
    Also made a Sulfuras on my warlock for my felguard to equip. However, Felguard says no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what your saying, but almost all legendaries are just collecting dust in the bank, would deb nice to use the skins. Its not like the vast majority of player have them
    I don't support what you are suggesting simply because the exact opposite would happen: those that have a legendary would (almost) surely transmog to it, and the variety in trasnmogging would be gone forever; and it already is not that much.
    This is from a personal point of view, as I get soon tired of "Harlequin" sets and Armageddons. I wouldn't like it if people around me made me dislike Thunderfury or Thori'dal by bringing them everywhere.

The game will be F2P to max level before that happens.

Legendaries should not be transmoggable but should become heirlooms that update each expansion. This would let everyone with one pull it out and use it for nostalgia value while leveling at the beginning of each expac, but then keep them in their place as souvenirs of old content once an expansion gets going. This would let the people that love them have some fun with them for a while each expac without making them ubiquitous or detracting from current gear.

Deleted
    I get what your saying, but almost all legendaries are just collecting dust in the bank, would deb nice to use the skins. Its not like the vast majority of player have them
    They will if you become able to transmog them. Even Warlocks and Mages are going to run around with glaives from Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    over them, yes....... from them, nope..
    Everyone and their grandmother has legacy legendaries now. The only thing that we don't have yet is the visual inflation...
    But I too find it annoying that I have to hide my cloak completely, else it ruins my outfit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    Legendaries should not be transmoggable but should become heirlooms that update each expansion. This would let everyone with one pull it out and use it for nostalgia value while leveling at the beginning of each expac, but then keep them in their place as souvenirs of old content once an expansion gets going. This would let the people that love them have some fun with them for a while each expac without making them ubiquitous or detracting from current gear.
    Not a bad idea.... not bad at all... Should suggest it to the devs.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Never gonna happen and stated as such by blizzard.

Deleted
    But they're really not hard to get. If you could transmog them, a tonne of people would start farming them and we'd see legendaries pop up all over the place.

Legendaries are fine how they are now. Something else to collect and use them in a similar way to how you use Toys.

They might loosen the restrictions in the future. I'm not particularly bothered either way since I don't really like any of the legendary items that can be obtained by warlocks. I wouldn't oppose the idea if it became a thing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why Blizzard doesn't want people to transmog to legendaries, but can we at least transmog out of them? I hate how the legendary cloak looks and always wished I could change it to look like something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I don't see why they cant do something like the grand marshal gear. If you got the item while it was current content then you could use it for transmog. That way it does not kill the feel of it being a legendary and you still get to show off a little bit.
    For many of them, Thoridal, and previous legendaries, there is no way to confirm if the item was obtained while it was current content.