Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary X-Mog's? Will it happen for WoD

Title,
    I am hoping, but not holding my breath. Would be nice to atlas use there models considering how hard it was to obtain some of them. Anyone heard anything on this matter for Blizzcon?

I understand the restriction of not being able to xmog to legendary's appearances (part of the reward of obtaining them when they're current content), but I just don't get why we can't xmog over legendaries. For maybe a month total of SoO's 14 months I've had my cape visible, and I really would like have been able to show my cape for some of my other 'mog sets during this tier.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I understand the restriction of not being able to xmog to legendary's appearances (part of the reward of obtaining them when they're current content), but I just don't get why we can't xmog over legendaries. For maybe a month total of SoO's 14 months I've had my cape visible, and I really would like have been able to show my cape for some of my other 'mog sets during this tier.
    I get what your saying, but almost all legendaries are just collecting dust in the bank, would deb nice to use the skins. Its not like the vast majority of player have them

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they cant do something like the grand marshal gear. If you got the item while it was current content then you could use it for transmog. That way it does not kill the feel of it being a legendary and you still get to show off a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I don't see why they cant do something like the grand marshal gear. If you got the item while it was current content then you could use it for transmog. That way it does not kill the feel of it being a legendary and you still get to show off a little bit.
    My sentiments, exactly

I think eventually it will become tmoggable. I can see why it isn't at the moment, but if you work hard enough to get the legendaries, being able to tmog them is just the next step.

idk, I think xmog guidelines are overall too lax. I think the gear you're actually wearing should have a bit more impact on your mog choices. I think that, just like with armor, you should only be able to xmog weapons of the same type. I found it more exciting that way ... as in, "yisssss I can use 2h axe xmogs again", etc, etc.

That being said, I'm not arguing for them to roll the expanded options back. That cat's already out of the bag, even if I preferred it more limited it would just be more headache than it's worth to roll back what we've had for so long.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

idk, I think xmog guidelines are overall too lax. I think the gear you're actually wearing should have a bit more impact on your mog choices. I think that, just like with armor, you should only be able to xmog weapons of the same type. I found it more exciting that way ... as in, "yisssss I can use 2h axe xmogs again", etc, etc.

That being said, I'm not arguing for them to roll the expanded options back. That cat's already out of the bag, even if I preferred it more limited it would just be more headache than it's worth to roll back what we've had for so long.
    I see your point, too.... a point. How long has X-mog been in game now? 2 years? It's time to let us X-mog Legendaries

I want rogues to get their wings in the toybox, MoP cloak effects in the toybox as well and the Cata staff to be added to the mount page.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything is next up on the list, it's white gear.

I think... only legendary items can be transmogged to look like another legendary. Everyone is going to run round with them. You're no longer feel like a special snowflake because alot more people will be farming it. Stay special. =3

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    My sentiments, exactly
    That wouldn't really work as who got the legendary was pretty limited. It's not like every healer who killed yogg-0 or plate dps killing heroic 25 LK instantly got their legendaries even though it's not like they were any less deserving of the people who actually did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

And the simple counter to that is

"Oh look, another tier where my BiS weapon is a 2H sword, for the eighth time." *Deposits axes, maces and polearms into bank*

Or "OH LOOK, A STRENGTH POLEARM...shit, it's got haste, ah well" *deposits to bank*

That is why the limited transmog options were done away with.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

The reason I think they will eventually is because a "legendary" weapon is so arbitrary. For instance: FL Sulfuras can be transmogged but not the original.

Quel'delar certainly could've been classified as a legendary but isn't. Low drop rate, higher Ilvl than the content it's in, nice quest line.

The shared loot ToT LFR gear I believe has a lower drop rate than most legendaries.

Why is that bow from KJ a legendary anyways?

We're getting war glaives anyways (albeit pole arms but warriors can DW them) http://wod.wowhead.com/item=118409#comments
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-11-06 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Bah. It took me 4 expansions to get Thunderfuy. That alone is worth being able to transmog it.

I think there should be an addition quest once you get the item in order to be able to xmog it. I also thing that the xmog should be unique so you can't DW thunderfury. The quest should be difficult but not chance based because getting a thunderfury is random enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    I think... only legendary items can be transmogged to look like another legendary. Everyone is going to run round with them. You're no longer feel like a special snowflake because alot more people will be farming it. Stay special. =3
    Even with people attempting to farm them, its still EXTREMELY difficult to obtain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Even with people attempting to farm them, its still EXTREMELY difficult to obtain
    None of them are difficult, just RNG mainly. Well, out of the ones still obtainable.

He brings up a valid point somewhat. The amount of Warglaives we would see would be absolutely ridiculous.

That being said, I'm not sure why that's even relevant. Who cares if 100 other people transmog it? You could make the special snowflake argument about any other item that's currently tranmoggable.
    Last edited by Lime; 2014-11-06 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter if a lot of people transmog to the same thing? That has absolutely no meaningful effect on the game. I cannot wait for the day that we can transmog to legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    None of them are difficult, just RNG mainly. Well, out of the ones still obtainable.

He brings up a valid point somewhat. The amount of Warglaives we would see would be absolutely ridiculous.

That being said, I'm not sure why that's even relevant. Who cares if 100 other people transmog it? You could make the special snowflake argument about any other item that's currently tranmoggable.
    You have a Point, but who about the RNG for the people it took years to finally get that Legendary. Being able to X-mog it into a current item being used, makes that journey and hard work worth it. Just my Humble Opinion