7+ Year Old Account

TF2 clone is a TF clone

Let's be honest here...
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

Yeah I watched the trailer up until whatever made that portal, then closed it.

My first thought as well.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

It seems closer to Global Agenda (too bad no one has played it) during its prime than TF2.

And GA was leagues better than TF2 in my humble opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have over 400 hours on TF2 and its no a clone.

yes it's similar and yes it has classes, so does quake wars. The difference i already spotted is you seem to have ultimates (the engineer enrage thing) what shows that there's more "moba" elements in there or to put it better RPG elements, that's something you don't have in TF2.

Sure i can turn my demo into a melee madmen class but it still doesn't have abilities.

Deleted
    If someone makes a good game with good mechanics, are those mechanics never able to be used again? should nobody else ever take what works and iterate on it? I don't understand the clone argument unless it's a blatant exact clone to the point of stealing assets.

Deleted
    Bait thread is bait thread. Let's be honest here...

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I have over 400 hours on TF2 and its no a clone.

yes it's similar and yes it has classes, so does quake wars. The difference i already spotted is you seem to have ultimates (the engineer enrage thing) what shows that there's more "moba" elements in there or to put it better RPG elements, that's something you don't have in TF2.

Sure i can turn my demo into a melee madmen class but it still doesn't have abilities.
    665 hours here, and to me it looks like a clone. Oh sure, they've added bells and whistles, but all I thought when watching the trailer was "This is TF2, this is TF2".

I'll still play it though Afterall, more TF2 isn't a bad thing!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    If someone makes a good game with good mechanics, are those mechanics never able to be used again? should nobody else ever take what works and iterate on it? I don't understand the clone argument unless it's a blatant exact clone to the point of stealing assets.
    they probably wanted blizzard to innovate a bit more

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it looks like a complete clone of the new Battleborn game coming soon from the makers of Borderlands. Here's some gameplay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9nkWFvLNMo

Deleted
    It just doesn't look fun. Why would anyone wanna be the monkey thingy with no guns when there is another one with a machine gun? And the gameplay didn't look all that smooth (No, it wasn't my stream lagging.)

Thew pissy negativity is strong with this one.

Does it matter if something is a clone? It is virtually impossible to come up with a new genre in video games at this point, so long as the "clone" differentiates itself from other similar games and is good, then it doesn't really matter.

Yea... we know very little about this game so far and definitely not enough o be declaring it a clone of anything just yet. This thread isn't very constructive, so I am going to close it.