Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Overwatch was a part of Titan..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6422536/

"Blizzard's Canceled MMO Titan Likened to Team Fortress by Sources"

Titan didn't get cancelled, Titan got reworked into Overwatch!

Last edited by shoc; 2014-11-07 at 08:43 PM.
    You just lost The Game

Yea.. moment I saw their release schedule on this I called bullshit on the titan cancellation thing. The only thing that got canceled was the name. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Yea.. moment I saw their release schedule on this I called bullshit on the titan cancellation thing. The only thing that got canceled was the name. Lol.
    Well, they technically cancelled the entire genre of the game as well. Going from a FPS MMO to an FPS Arena shooter.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account

Overwatch was Titan..

Turns out that Overwatch was Titan..

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post

Blizzard =
    Last edited by Conscious; 2014-11-07 at 08:42 PM.

Seems legit.

They probably scrapped all the open world / crafting / MMO-like elements and focused on the team shooter aspects and the result of said effort = Overwatch

can we be certain that they weren't just dickin' around with us with the "cancellation"?

was Overwatch always Titan, or did they scrap pieces of Titan together and make Overwatch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Seems legit.

They probably scrapped all the open world / crafting / MMO-like elements and focused on the team shooter aspects and the result of said effort = Overwatch
    I don't even know what to say, especially using it trying to highlight years and years of Blizzard games and quality.

So they show a minced up game with blatant features taken from another very similar game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    can we be certain that they weren't just dickin' around with us with the "cancellation"?

was Overwatch always Titan, or did they scrap pieces of Titan together and make Overwatch?
    Looks like all of them.

Since according to Blizzard, Titan underwent several different concepts and variations before they abaddonsd it, it is probably not too far off to assume that Overwatch was birthed out of one of those ideas. Titan (the original idea) was canceled, and Blizzard decided to pursue OW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch could just have been the battle grounds from Titan the MMOFPS. I'm sure they had a lot of work from Titan completed. No reason to scrap all the hard work that was done.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post

A publicly owned company announcing the cancellation of an IP and then saying "just kidding! We used it to make another game" is pretty frigging stupid. And possibly illegal.

Deleted
    Titan != overwatch

Overwatch is it's own game. Considering they said "Titan" was a brand new IP I don't see why people think OW would be Titan related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Overwatch is it's own game. Considering they said "Titan" was a brand new IP I don't see why people think OW would be Titan related.
    All of the leaked info goes just shy of saying it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    A publicly owned company announcing the cancellation of an IP and then saying "just kidding! We used it to make another game" is pretty frigging stupid. And possibly illegal.
    not if they went to their investors first and said "we're cancelling *this* projects (who knows if it was actually a thing and even if it was, who knows how far into development it really got), but keeping the one we've invested all of our assets into".

it's not illegal if done through the correct channels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan has nothing to do with overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Titan has nothing to do with overwatch.
    No, it does. Has a lot to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    No, it does. Has a lot to do with it.
    No it hasn't. Certain elements might have survived but other than that they cannot be compared. Titan was supposed to be an MMORPG. Overwatch is an FPS with teams.

I'm 90% certain it was. The whole "its canceled" thing was misdirection.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

That seems to be the case, yes. People are free to disagree but this seems to be almost exactly what they were describing just a couple months ago as what Titan was. Glad they finished it, apparently. I'll certainly give it a try. The only thing they seemed to have done is abandoned the static world for matches thus saving themselves years of work.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Read the article? ...