Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I really wish Overwatch was an MMOFPS...

Don't get me wrong, the game looks great and I haven't loved an FPS since CS:Source so I'm still looking forward to launch (and beta please!). When the trailer first started though I felt all giddy that Blizz was making an FPS MMO, only to realize it was just a match based game like other FPS'.

I don't play Destiny because it's console only and I find controllers to be far too fumbly for shooters I was hoping this would be our premier PC FPSMMO. It's all gravy, I'll still play the shit out of it.

Anyone else kinda bummed that it's not an MMO?

Deleted
    I agree with you,or at least an RPG. The world seems quite detailed,its a shame its going to be used for this.

I'd like to have an open world part yeah, similar to Firefall. And then have the arena matches as a part of the game.

I get the feeling that Blizzard isn't making big expansive games anymore though. Smaller scope games such as this, Hearthstone, and HotS seem to be the future for Bliz.

Deleted
    If it was an MMO I'd be more inclined to pay it. I'm really not a fan of the FPS genre so I can't see myself playing much. It's a bit of a shame they've not tried to do something revolutionary rather than a bit of a generic shooter.

Deleted
    That was also what i thought. If a next gen MMO had graphic and pace like Overwatch it could be pretty damn cool. A co-op RPG could also have been amazing - i can just imagine huge urban environments in that graphic.
    A straight up FPS? - think im getting to old to compete with 14-15 year old kids on red bull. To compete in Fps games now a day you pretty much have to be able to make a headshot on a moving target within a fraction of seconds aim time:/

If it played anything like Borderlands though, I think it would get old very very quickly. And with an art direction similar to WildStar, it would have stepped on a lot of toes. I think the decisions they made here were the best course of action they could have taken.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm glad, I don't want a childish game like that piece of refuse taking over the MMO market (It would be a blizzard MMO, so it could actually be a threat to WoW).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have preferred a co-op dungeon sort of mode with bosses and stuff, sure.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I hope they do eventually do an mmo for the overwatch universe looks pretty interesting and would be kinda cool to make your own hero/villain.

Deleted
    Yeah I don't know that I can get into it if it doesn't even have a campaign - which is the impression I got. It's hard for me to get invested in a setting with limited options to tell stories. Apparently more story will be told out of game, so maybe there'll be some interesting media to follow.

I would like to see some co-op/campaign for this, only because I think the world they have is great

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of like Twilight Vampires got together, with Zombie Cyborgs, and My Little Pony, and gave birth to Overwatch, several over used, over played Genre morphed into one giant really terrible game for everybody, especially neglected kids.

Weren't people literally just whining yesterday that Blizzard needs a new franchise?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'd like to have an open world part yeah, similar to Firefall. And then have the arena matches as a part of the game.

I get the feeling that Blizzard isn't making big expansive games anymore though. Smaller scope games such as this, Hearthstone, and HotS seem to be the future for Bliz.
    Or they simply don't see the need to have multiple games in each genre. Wow is their mmo franchise, Starcraft is their RTS franchise, Diablo is their ARPG franchise and so on.

Also Blizzard has been making it crystal clear they are fully 100% committed to keeping Wow going for many years so to claim they aren't interested in large projects anymore isn't entirely true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    If it was an MMO I'd be more inclined to pay it. I'm really not a fan of the FPS genre so I can't see myself playing much. It's a bit of a shame they've not tried to do something revolutionary rather than a bit of a generic shooter.
    Blizzard is known for improving upon other's innovations not for innovating themselves. It's fine. Why aren't other game developers held to this impossible standard of having to innovate always?

15+ Year Old Account
    It started as an MMO (it's the PVP portion of Titan), but they couldn't make the MMO parts fun. It's probably best that they focus on the fun stuff. And this is a new IP, so they could always expand it in the future.

I think folks should realize that this is Blizzard's first new IP in a very long time... whose to say that we won't see an RPG or something else set in the Overwatch world? Maybe Blizzard will run with their new IP and turn their trinity of universes into a... quadruplet of universe? Anyways, perhaps they'll spin the game world out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    I would like to see some co-op/campaign for this, only because I think the world they have is great
    Earth world = best world!

I would love for this to be an MMO, but atleast there will a game, I love the style of the game and can't wait to get into the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    That was also what i thought. If a next gen MMO had graphic and pace like Overwatch it could be pretty damn cool. A co-op RPG could also have been amazing - i can just imagine huge urban environments in that graphic.
    A straight up FPS? - think im getting to old to compete with 14-15 year old kids on red bull. To compete in Fps games now a day you pretty much have to be able to make a headshot on a moving target within a fraction of seconds aim time:/
    Actually a majority of gamers are adults not kids but don't let that stop you from perpetuating a stereotype.

Im happy for it to be like this, feels more like a pick up and play for a few rounds kind of thing.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'm glad, I don't want a childish game like that piece of refuse taking over the MMO market (It would be a blizzard MMO, so it could actually be a threat to WoW).
    You know it is possible to play more than one game in each genre right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Kind of like Twilight Vampires got together, with Zombie Cyborgs, and My Little Pony, and gave birth to Overwatch, several over used, over played Genre morphed into one giant really terrible game for everybody, especially neglected kids.
    I love it. Overwatch isn't even in beta yet and it is already "terrible". Do you people ever stop bitching?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think folks should realize that this is Blizzard's first new IP in a very long time... whose to say that we won't see an RPG or something else set in the Overwatch world? Maybe Blizzard will run with their new IP and turn their trinity of universes into a... quadruplet of universe? Anyways, perhaps they'll spin the game world out.
    Sadly this is irrelevant to the people who post here solely to bitch about everything. I'm starting to see the exact same people who were whining about Blizzard not doing a new franchise all of a sudden bashing Overwatch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Do tell us about your personal issues.