Deleted

Overwatch Facebook hiding in plain view since September.

Joined Facebook
    September 17

How did no one pick up on this since the trademark was made?

https://www.facebook.com/OverwatchEU?brand_redir=1

It's also a verified page.

Deleted
    Couldn't it have been created under another name and they just renamed it now to have it ready? I don't use facebook so I have no idea.

It was probably a blank page until today, for all we know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    It was probably a blank page until today, for all we know.
    You would think that someone would have traced it to a blizzard computer/server or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    You would think that someone would have traced it to a blizzard computer/server or something
    Since there was no leak at all.. maybe Blizzard is getting better at this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    We should start looking at facebook next time a TM appears hehe

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    This is the most amazing thing about Overwatch, they sat on it this long without a single leak.

Hell, even when it was still Titan it never leaked.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

We knew Overwatch was a Blizzard game since April when they filed the trademark. The facebook page was blank until today, so it wouldn't have told us anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This is the most amazing thing about Overwatch, they sat on it this long without a single leak.

it was "titan" ? it doesnt resemble anything that I would expect from titan honestly, seems to me they just took the general universe they were planning for titan and made a different game arouind it.

that said, I think I prefer this out of the blue footage for a new game more than 2 years of hyping their moba before they are able to show as any footage... and then next 2 years before the game goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

This ain't Titan. It's probably made out of some of Titan's cannibalized remains, but it ain't Titan :P

Deleted
    The foundation is built upon the remains of titan, but the gameplay is not

I'm impressed how Blizzard kept this under wraps without leaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We knew Overwatch was a Blizzard game since April when they filed the trademark. The facebook page was blank until today, so it wouldn't have told us anything new.
    They would have had to apply through facebook to get their page verified and that takes time.

They would have had to apply through facebook to get their page verified and that takes time.
    May I introduce you to this new concept of "lot of money"?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    May I introduce you to this new concept of "lot of money"?
    I agree, I imagine it takes one call from the VP of Blizzard Marketing to a VP at Facebook. 10 minutes after the call breaks up, the page is verified.

We should start looking at facebook next time a TM appears hehe
    Eye of Azshara... GO
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

People who think this was Titan are retarded and also have no clue how business works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    People who think this was Titan are retarded and also have no clue how business works.
    "Players would be able to select from classes with names like Reaper, Jumper, Titan, Ranger, and Juggernaut, each of which had its own special combat abilities and items, according to a source. Jumpers, for example, would be agile scouts with a teleport ability and the ability to quickly leap in and out of combat. Titans were tanks, while Rangers were snipers with cloaking and other abilities (think Nova from StarCraft II and the ill-fated StarCraft Ghost)."

"All of the people who described the game to me made a lot of Team Fortress comparisons both in terms of aesthetics and gameplay. Three people who saw the game have compared the aesthetics to Team Fortress 2, with one source describing it as a cross between StarCraft II's in-game cinematics and Pixar's The Incredibles. Your perspective would switch between first- and third-person based on whether you were heading into combat or hanging out in a city, according to two sources—not unlike Bungie's Destiny."

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzar...was-1638632121

Filed to: TITAN
    BLIZZARD
    KOTAKUCORE
    DEVELOPMENT HELL
    KOTAKU LONGREADS
    9/24/14 2:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Well I assume the cosplayers for their "unreleased, nobody knew about game" was to be leaked somewhere.

The cosplayers who found the information just never leaked it, or made their outfits in 1 hour...
    They were Blizzard employees, they showed their Craft Tuesdays or something like that during one of the gaps between panels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    They were Blizzard employees, they showed their Craft Tuesdays or something like that during one of the gaps between panels.
    Yeah they did, it was great! i love cosplayers