Page 1 of 2
LastLast

It just looks FUN

I don't care if you think it's a "ripoff" of whatever.
    I don't care if it's cartoony style doesn't appeal to your dark and brooding personality.
    I don't care if it's not "hardcore".

Overwatch just looks like an extremely fun game with entertaining characters that will probably give me many hours of enjoyment. It'll be a nice relief from the grinds of WoW/Diablo.

I do hope I'm not the only one that got this impression from the reveal. I've just been seeing too many people disappointed for the silliest reasons...people complaining about a video game being marketed toward kids make me laugh the most.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looked fine but I don't expect anything from modern blizzard. Don't get too hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It looked fine but I don't expect anything from modern blizzard. Don't get too hyped.
    I was drawn into Blizzard games by Diablo 2, then hooked on WoW, then massively disappointed by Diablo 3. I've never before been into shooters that much but for some reason the tiny bit of gameplay of Overwatch had me more psyched than any Diablo 3 gameplay released before it's launch. Guess I'm just saying as much as I loved the Diablo franchise, Overwatch seems more promising/entertaining. Maybe I'm already too hyped...

Just don't get your hopes up is all.

Yep, it looks fun. I haven't played TF2, but I've played other games like it, and enjoyed it, so that's what I'm expecting here. Not something to sink tons of hours into like WoW, but a match or two when I'm bored.

And really, I don't think Blizz has ever been the most creative game studio, they just know how to take what's already out there and make it their own.

First they announced it and I was like "er what?"

Then they showed the concept and I was like "um... I dunno..."

Then they showed an actual match being played and I was like "oh... now I get it"

Now I actually want it to hurry up and come out so I can try it. I think it's the kind of game that you don't get just from looking at it, but when you actually get in and play that'll make or break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I got to demo it at the con today and, honestly, it is fun. And this is coming from someone who hates, hates, hates shooters. I was totally awful at it, but it was still a lot of fun.

I was also somehow able to sit through 2 rounds of it when every other first person game I've ever played gives me a headache within the first minute, nauseous by 3. So.. that's a plus.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough info on it yet for me to decide if I am interested.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    First they announced it and I was like "er what?"

Then they showed the concept and I was like "um... I dunno..."

Then they showed an actual match being played and I was like "oh... now I get it"

Now I actually want it to hurry up and come out so I can try it. I think it's the kind of game that you don't get just from looking at it, but when you actually get in and play that'll make or break it.
    Perfect way of describing it. Heck, the shoutcast thing they had of some of the devs playing was what got me hooked.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    Yep, it looks fun. I haven't played TF2, but I've played other games like it, and enjoyed it, so that's what I'm expecting here.
    Overwatch aside, if you've played games like TF2 and enjoyed them, you should do yourself a favor and just try TF2. It's good.

I've played TF2 a lot, still play it, and I would probably give this a try. Looks like TF2 but with some extra moves to get around differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhouse View Post
    Just don't get your hopes up is all.
    Ya I mean after the disaster what was their latest releases of Hearthstone and Heroes...

Oh wait...

So ya, if you are a closed eye cynic who doesn't like anything except what they already like.
    If you are someone who plays video games, you'll realize that unless the genre is totally against your interests, this will probably be a very solid game.
    I've not played a Blizzard game that wasn't very well made. I don't care much at all for Diablo and Starcraft, but to say I have low "hopes" because I don't like them is laughable.

Use your brains or stay blind. Should be an easy option.

Also, for the record, I don't see why people are saying its marketed towards kids like that's a sore thumb.
    Would you say that Hearthstone ISN'T marketed towards kids? What about WoW?
    Are people saying this solely based on the fact that there were kids featured in the trailer? That seems really silly to me.
    Nothing from the gameplay I saw makes me think this is a game for children. Its an FPS similar to TF2. Was that for kids?
    Last edited by Hey There Guys its Metro; 2014-11-08 at 06:08 AM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I've played TF2 a lot, still play it, and I would probably give this a try. Looks like TF2 but with some extra moves to get around differently.
    Yeah, I tried TF2 and everything felt the same to me, just with different weapons. This, each character, their playstyles, their tactics, and even mobility, is different. Plenty of variability makes for more entertainment.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the cinematic reveal was kind of perfect. That jaded teenager in the hoodie is like so many gamers, just... an entitled little shit, sucking up and judging every piece of media. He had "this museum is gay" written all over him. But then he gets back some of that childhood wonder.

Of course, I think that the trailer won't appeal to "kids like him," as you can see on these forums from all the people going "this game is gay," but I liked the sentiment.

Personally, I think it looks fun. It's vibrant, has great character designs, and interesting looking mechanics. Those are all positive things, for me. I don't need some sort of grimdark hellshooter to prove my maturity. Honestly, I think it's a pleasant change of pace from the usual FPS.

And it's a nice change of pace from Blizzard. A new IP, a new genre, a new aesthetic. With Kaplan in the lead, I have every confidence that it'll turn out to be just as fun as it looks.

And I'm not afraid of just having fun, unlike some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    I don't care if you think it's a "ripoff" of whatever.
    I don't care if it's cartoony style doesn't appeal to your dark and brooding personality.
    I don't care if it's not "hardcore".

Overwatch just looks like an extremely fun game with entertaining characters that will probably give me many hours of enjoyment. It'll be a nice relief from the grinds of WoW/Diablo.

I do hope I'm not the only one that got this impression from the reveal. I've just been seeing too many people disappointed for the silliest reasons...people complaining about a video game being marketed toward kids make me laugh the most.
    Actually, Overwatch looks almost like a pure ripoff of Gigantic...

Not to mention TF, TF2, Borderlands, etc.

I just... Can't see this topping Diablo or Starcraft. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I thought the cinematic reveal was kind of perfect. That jaded teenager in the hoodie is like so many gamers, just... an entitled little shit, sucking up and judging every piece of media. He had "this museum is gay" written all over him. But then he gets back some of that childhood wonder.

Of course, I think that the trailer won't appeal to "kids like him," as you can see on these forums from all the people going "this game is gay," but I liked the sentiment.

Personally, I think it looks fun. It's vibrant, has great character designs, and interesting looking mechanics. Those are all positive things, for me. I don't need some sort of grimdark hellshooter to prove my maturity. Honestly, I think it's a pleasant change of pace from the usual FPS.

And it's a nice change of pace from Blizzard. A new IP, a new genre, a new aesthetic. With Kaplan in the lead, I have every confidence that it'll turn out to be just as fun as it looks.

And I'm not afraid of just having fun, unlike some people.
    ...so Blizzard, in their own reveal trailer, was giving the more cynical parts of the fanbase a Take That snarking? God, that's beautiful.

Deleted
    nothing against it but personally it's just not MY kind of game. the only shooters I like are HL and Bioshock (so you see how OW doesn't fit).

now in its genre, I think it will beat all the competition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    ...so Blizzard, in their own reveal trailer, was giving the more cynical parts of the fanbase a Take That snarking? God, that's beautiful.
    No, that's just a fanboy reading into a trailer to make Blizzard seem extra cool and intelligent.

In reality they had that "edgy teenager" in there because that's an incredibly common trope among media aimed towards children/tweens.

I haven't enjoyed a multi-player shooter in a long, long time.
    But this has just the right amount of RPG I can hook into to.

Deleted
    At first, i was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally salty against this idea, cause i was hoping for WC4.

But being open-minded as i am, i calmed down after a little while and kept watching.

Overall, seeing the gameplay and illustrations of the characters - i thought, "Hmm, this could be good".

I'm not majorly into shooters, but i could totally see what demographic they are going for.