Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I got to demo it at the con today and, honestly, it is fun. And this is coming from someone who hates, hates, hates shooters. I was totally awful at it, but it was still a lot of fun.

I was also somehow able to sit through 2 rounds of it when every other first person game I've ever played gives me a headache within the first minute, nauseous by 3. So.. that's a plus.
    I kind of suck at shooters so this is an instance where I'm actually glad that Blizzard has this habit of making games accessible to everyone these days. I'm glad to hear from someone that actually demo'd it and enjoyed it. Hope we can all manage to sit through a couple hundred hours without getting sick of it. I think it's the fantasy aspect that makes this more interesting than the typical shooter that I'm used to seeing that's all militant and serious.
    Last edited by Dispirit; 2014-11-08 at 06:55 AM.

Deleted
    It doesn't look bad and I'm not upset because it broke the mold. I was just expecting...something else.

It's like when you was a kid. Your biggest wish was a Game Boy and this year you really had your hopes up because there was a suspicious looking present under the Christmas tree. You poked, shook, and squeezed the present every chance you got. Your probing accidentally tore off a small piece of wrapping, enough to allow a sneak peek, you glimpse the package and on it a picture of a lightgrey rounded corner. Can it be? Yes, it be must be. You're now 100% sure it's a Game Boy. You patiently await Christmas day knowing it's worth the wait. Anticipation is through the roof, you can't wait to get your hand on that Game Boy. The day finally arrives, you've been waiting for weeks for this one moment. You violently rip off the wrapping and you find this. That's what Overwatch is to me.

Now, I'll do the same thing I did when I opened that present back in the 90's. Pretend it was exactly what I wanted and hope that if I say it enough time I'll end up convincing myself that it's true. Great looking game though. No, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    It doesn't look bad and I'm not upset because it broke the mold. I was just expecting...something else.

It's like when you was a kid. Your biggest wish was a Game Boy and this year you really had your hopes up because there was a suspicious looking present under the Christmas tree. You poked, shook, and squeezed the present every chance you got. Your probing accidentally tore off a small piece of wrapping, enough to allow a sneak peek, you glimpse the package and on it a picture of a lightgrey rounded corner. Can it be? Yes, it be must be. You're now 100% sure it's a Game Boy. You patiently await Christmas day knowing it's worth the wait. Anticipation is through the roof, you can't wait to get your hand on that Game Boy. The day finally arrives, you've been waiting for weeks for this one moment. You violently rip off the wrapping and you find this. That's what Overwatch is to me.

Now, I'll do the same thing I did when I opened that present back in the 90's. Pretend it was exactly what I wanted and hope that if I say it enough time I'll end up convincing myself that it's true. Great looking game though. No, really.
    I don't know what you were expecting but there's still a chance Overwatch could be equally as enjoyable. Not getting a gameboy when they were huge feels like a different level of disappointment. I never got to have a gameboy or what was the sega equivalent? gamegear? =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    I don't know what you were expecting but there's still a chance Overwatch could be equally as enjoyable. Not getting a gameboy when they were huge feels like a different level of disappointment. I never got to have a gameboy or what was the sega equivalent? gamegear? =(
    I was expecting something greater. They cancelled Titan so I was sorta expecting this to be the spiritual resurrection of Titan. I honestly thought it'd be a whole new universe with deep story, interesting characters, original concepts and most importantly, an MMO game. So you can imagine my face when it turned out to be a generic FPS shooter. FYI; I never got that game boy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    I was expecting something greater. They cancelled Titan so I was sorta expecting this to be the spiritual resurrection of Titan. I honestly thought it'd be a whole new universe with deep story, interesting characters, original concepts and most importantly, an MMO game. So you can imagine my face when it turned out to be a generic FPS shooter. FYI; I never got that game boy either.
    Well it's imo at least new and interesting characters and I know very little about the story but that'll certainly become deeper over time. Sorry it's not an MMO. I know they're a little more grander in scale and it would be nice to see Blizzard tackle another MMO but I guess they just wanted to branch out a little bit more and capture as many markets as possible. Smart from a business standpoint.

Blizzards quality when it comes to game development has gotten worse over the past few years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I got to demo it at the con today and, honestly, it is fun. And this is coming from someone who hates, hates, hates shooters. I was totally awful at it, but it was still a lot of fun.

I was also somehow able to sit through 2 rounds of it when every other first person game I've ever played gives me a headache within the first minute, nauseous by 3. So.. that's a plus.
    Who did you play? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    No, that's just a fanboy reading into a trailer to make Blizzard seem extra cool and intelligent.

In reality they had that "edgy teenager" in there because that's an incredibly common trope among media aimed towards children/tweens.
    Oh stop with the stupid fanboy nonsense.
    Insult someone when you have no argument, to cover up the fact that you have no argument.
    You take only their views on a single blizzard game, and a very narrow viewpoint of first impressions into account.
    That cannot possibly make someone a fanboy, so grow up.

If people don't like the idea of Overwatch, then just fine as that is your opinion.
    But stop being such spoilt little brats and trying to put a dampener on the excitement of others.
    Rather a kneekerk lazy response from many to call it a "TF clone" which is perhaps the most common criticism.
    If that is the best you people can come up with, then you shouldn't have bothered to say anything.

Better to be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    Perhaps a lot of people with the petty criticisms should take heed of this advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind that during the panel, Metzen and Kaplan outright stated that when Tracer was talking into the kids in the trailer, that was actually Blizzard trying to communicate a message from them to us (the players).