Thread: HoTs Beta

HoTs Beta

just a quick question - if you have the alpha dev. key will you also have the game when closed beta comes out ?

been trying to browse the net for the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    just a quick question - if you have the alpha dev. key will you also have the game when closed beta comes out ?

been trying to browse the net for the answer.
    If I recall correctly, they said the last alpha wipe was the last account wipe they were going to do... so presumably, yes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yes! If you have access now, you have access forever.

Deleted
    Sweeeeeet!

Yes. You will have closed beta as 'playable' on your b.net launcher, but you will not get a key to redeem.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Yes. You will have closed beta as 'playable' on your b.net launcher, but you will not get a key to redeem.
    so that means i can see the game on the launcher but i cant play it :s ? or did i missunderstood you ?

Deleted
    Well I noticed that I have HotS on my NA account, but seems that there's no region change, like the one for HS, WoW etc. Which sucks now, since being back on EU and playing on NA have quite high ping. Hopefully they'll add region select in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    Well I noticed that I have HotS on my NA account, but seems that there's no region change, like the one for HS, WoW etc. Which sucks now, since being back on EU and playing on NA have quite high ping. Hopefully they'll add region select in the future.
    Considering everything else but WoW has a free region selection, I don't see why they wouldn't do it once the game is out of alpha or beta.

There is actually a region change option inside the game... but I think it's kinda pointless right now. :/ I tried to change from US to EU just to see, but without the proper license for the EU Alpha I was denied and got kicked to the login screen.
    Just so you know where it is:
    Click the menu button (bottom right corner button with 3 lines on it) at the top of the menu is a downward pointing arrow for region change. Currently it only lists US, EU and KR.
    You could try it just to see if it works for you since you are actually across the pond, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Deleted
    Yeah, just tried it and as you said, got kicked to login screen saying that I don't have license for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    write a ticket ? if your living in Europe its an easy fix for them

Anyone think they will give away more alpha keys before close beta? dying to get into the beta to try the game out and help testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Anyone think they will give away more alpha keys before close beta? dying to get into the beta to try the game out and help testing.
    They will, and in muuuuuuuch larger quantities than prior alpha waves.

(I did an interview with Kaeo Milker for HeroesNexus and that was something he mentioned.)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |