Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Official] Unacquirable NPC Armor Thread

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Armor used by NPCs and not on any player accessible items can be added as rewards in the future.
    (Blizzcon 2014, WoW Q&A Panel http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...raft-Q-A-Panel)
    (apparently, the quote has been changed to "Armor used by NPCs that are the same races as players and not on any player accessible items can be added as rewards in the future where it makes sense." - 09. Nov 2014)

PLEASE READ:

So now that Blizzard officially stated that NPC items can be added as rewards in the future, I thought we could maybe do something to make it a little easier for them and thus giving us a higher chance of receiving such an item.

How do we do this? I thought, maybe we should do a little compendium on what armor NPCs are using which are currently unacquirable for us.

Gather a list, preferably with screenshots of the NPC with the armor in question, and state the NPC with its NPC-ID and piece/set of armor. Examples:

ARMOR:

WEAPONS AND SHIELDS:

Do NOT post images of unique models like WoD Thrall, Tyrande, ToT Zandalari trolls etc! The armor those NPCs are wearing is part of the actual model itself, not items equipped on the base model!
    Last edited by Kelemar; 2014-11-09 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest of that set doesn't match the shoulders,shoulders are a part of the recolor of Justicar set that Maraad is seen wearing in the TBC trailer/artwork. Some npcs have the full set. You can only get Legs/gloves/belt I think atm.
    OT Hmmm I'd love to see that Blood Elf guard set (spell breaker) and Dwarven guard set (both in HD please,kthx), Also the recolors of ICC tiers only NPCs wear (Muradin/Saurfang JR/Tirion).
    I'd just be happy if they fill in some gaps in past tiers/sets where its missing belt/boots (Looking at you hunter Tier6/T12) without adding all these npc sets,but if we can get both,great! They finally added Season 1 belts and boots to the vendors in 6.0 (Gladiator Set) if you missed that! 2.2k honor per piece at Isle of Quel'danas or Area 52

and

and

and

Just to start. There are so many others. I think there is another night elf model with completely unique gear in one of those dungeons somewhere too I've always envied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unique weapons, weapons out the ass that NPCs have had that were never obtainable before.

That announcement alone got me excited, could very well see a return of some no longer obtainable items as well.

IM LOOKING AT YOU, GAUNTLETS OF THE SHINING LIGHT.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Just to start. There are so many others. I think there is another night elf model with completely unique gear in one of those dungeons somewhere too I've always envied.
    None of those are actual armor models. Those are built right into the NPC models, which are not just dressed up character models.

At any rate, I want these swords to be obtainable in the game already:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    The Argent Shield, the kit that Necromancers have...I think that's everything, for me at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really NPC armor, but the character collection screen unabtainable armor is pretty cool.

I see how some of the ogres have separate pieces of armor on their wrists, I hope we can get those too eventually, similar to the way some belts have physical buckles on them in-game.

But yeah, THIS, for sooo long!

Also this. Yeah, it's a weapon, but OMG i want it.

the sword from the alliance npcs in the horde starter area in the jade forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Rykul View Post
    Not really NPC armor, but the character collection screen unabtainable armor is pretty cool.
    That WILL be aviable from salvage yard..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    That WILL be aviable from salvage yard..
    In fact, they already are, characters who get boosted to 90 get the set on the character creation screen. I've seen countless paladins running around with that set already.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    None of those are actual armor models. Those are built right into the NPC models, which are not just dressed up character models.

At any rate, I want these swords to be obtainable in the game already:

God THIS SWORD. I REMEMBER ITS DATAMINING.

I would love it to be in game. Please pls pls pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Argent Dawn Shield

Picture originally posted by Gehco
    Last edited by mmoc861fe65000; 2014-11-09 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted

Staff of High Warlock Xi'lun (ID: 48312)

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=45244

These shaman NPCs added in both Orgrimmar and Stormwind to kickstart Cataclysm quests use a different, robed version of shaman PvP Season 1 gear. The normal S1 gear obtained by players just has pants instead. I'm not sure if it's technically a different gear piece, since the look can be obtained simply by checking different geoset flags on the NPC models. This is how they also achieve things like having single shoulder pieces on certain NPCs.

Same deal with one of the shaman trainers in Orgrimmar: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72939#screenshots
    She has a robe version of one of the green Cataclysm mail pieces. You can obtain an identical chestpiece but there are only pant versions available of the leg part.

Arugal's helm and shoulders:

NPC ID: 4275

Deleted
    The pope hat!

10+ Year Old Account
    are those plain warglaives that demon hunters use obtainable? I want some transmoggable warglaives