Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Half of Europe? Son, there's plenty of AMERICA that makes fun of Texas, too. Hell, I'm from Mississippi - we rednecks get it almost as bad as you cowboys.
    I know, right!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I know, right!?
    Yup. Heck, that gunslinger guy that's on the poster and not yet revealed... if they don't give him the biggest ten-gallon-hat Clint Eastwood-meets-John Wayne drawl ever, I'll be downright disappointed, as cliche Wild West as he looks.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you never played TF2. n' I got a manky eye. I'm a black, Scottish cyclops! They've got more *** than they've got the likes o' me!

They have these accents because they sound fun and interesting this way.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-11-10 at 05:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yup. Heck, that gunslinger guy that's on the poster and not yet revealed... if they don't give him the biggest ten-gallon-hat Clint Eastwood-meets-John Wayne drawl ever, I'll be downright disappointed, as cliche Wild West as he looks.
    Ah'm yer huckleberry, pilgram! Ah'll shewt yew up good, varmint!

Oh god I typed it unclean unclean

I eagerly await an Australian themed character who yells "CRIKEY!" and "BONZA!" and "STREWTH I'M GONNA WALLOP YOU BUNCH OF FLAMIN' GALAHS!".

Bonus points if he's a mutant crocodile with a stingray lodged in his chest that he uses as a weapon. Must have hat with corks on it too.

I mean seriously, could it be any clearer that this game is going for cartoonish?

Seriously, though, why is everyone hung up on Tracer's Cockney accent, and nothing said about Rheinhardt's German one, or Hanzo's Japanese one, when those accents are just as unrealistic as hers? It's all part of the game flavor.
    Am I the only one who thinks Torbjeorn's accent is the most cartoonish of all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I eagerly await an Australian themed character who yells "CRIKEY!" and "BONZA!" and "STREWTH I'M GONNA WALLOP YOU BUNCH OF FLAMIN' GALAHS!".

Bonus points if he's a mutant crocodile with a stingray lodged in his chest that he uses as a weapon. Must have hat with corks on it too.

I mean seriously, could it be any clearer that this game is going for cartoonish?

Mutant crocodile-spider
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'd settle for a straight-up Paul Hogan parody. "That's not a knife! This is a knife!"

10+ Year Old Account

They could never do a proper Aussie accent without the character screaming "CUNT!" all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I'll look forward to Torbjörns accent. Even though I'm not a fan of Gothenburg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's gonna be weird seeing a dwarf without a Scots accent.

Tracer's mockney is absolutely terrible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFh5HFL1MXc

He is still closer to Scottish than Swedish

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves have always had mixed-accents.

herr Reinhardt sounds pretty young for a 61 year old, need to hear more of his sounds bites though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I'd settle for a straight-up Paul Hogan parody. "That's not a knife! This is a knife!"
    His ultimate move is running people down in a car yelling "Get on the right side of the road you pelican!".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFh5HFL1MXc

He is still closer to Scottish than Swedish
    That's what I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by khaza-r View Post
    the cockney accent is fine. Obviously its not meant to be accurate. English people aren't capable of expressing emotion such as cheer or excitement .
    Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They could never do a proper Aussie accent without the character screaming "CUNT!" all the time.
    I laughed inordinately hard at this.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    As ridiculous as Tracer's accent it, it's kind of endearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to fix Tracer by punching her on the damn throat

And I'll only accept an Australian character if he is shirtless, fights with his bare hands, has chesthair in the shape of Australia and sports a full grown mustache

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    how are any of those accents unrealistic... theyre real accents
    Nobody in London talks like Tracer. At least not since Mary Poppins was floating about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I want to fix Tracer by punching her on the damn throat

And I'll only accept an Australian character if he is shirtless, fights with his bare hands, has chesthair in the shape of Australia and sports a full grown mustache
    Valve already did that

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    After the awfulness of the worgens and their " english " accent, why the hell should we continue to settle for mediocrity?

If they actually hired an English VA all the criticism could of been avoided. (As long as it wasn't a scouser)
    I doubt it another game company hire a french female voice actor to voice a character in another game and folks complained that it was fake..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Valve already did that
    You assume I didn't know