“Imagination is the essence of discovery.” [Winston Fan Thread]

Because what could be cooler than a superintelligent jetpack gorilla from the Moon?

Gameplay Preview

History
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't get a chance to play him, but holy hell would he break up our defenses like a damn monster if he had his ultimate up.

I'm glad that I had a jetpack as Pharah when he went into Primal Rage on the @Blizzcon; he wrecked our team just like that! He's intimidatingly powerful. And intelligent too! Stay away from him!

Deleted
    He reminds me of this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    He reminds me of this guy

It's pretty clear that Dr. McCoy was a strong influence on our simian friend, yes. That is not a bad thing, mind you.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

There's a very Silver Age comic-book feel to him, to the whole game really, mashed up with a sci-fi anime aesthetic. I'm also put in mind of DC characters like Gorilla Grodd and the Champions RPG character Dr. Silverback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    It's pretty clear that Dr. McCoy was a strong influence on our simian friend, yes. That is not a bad thing, mind you.
    Oh I agree. It is a great thing.

Deleted
    I think It'll be my other main with Reinhardt.

The concept of the Big Furry Kind-hearted character who can go into Primal Berserk and wrecking everything, that takes a big place in my heart.
    But I'll hope for 1-2 more furry guys (like wolfy mutant concept) in the future.

Deleted
    Best character. Such a gent in that trailer, too.

He's a gorilla and a scientist at the same time. Winston is the man. Er... ape?

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I normally love the "turret" class and have been leaning towards Torbjorn, Winston is just calling to me. I get excited every time I see him in a gamplay video. I have a very strong feeling that he's going to end up being my most played character.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    So little love :< Guess everyone would rather play as sexy wimminz and edgelords.