10+ Year Old Account

"Build 'em up, break 'em down [Torbjörn Fan Thread]

Story

At its height, Overwatch possessed one of the most advanced armaments on the planet, which could be traced to the workshop of an ingenious engineer named Torbjörn Lindholm. Before the Omnic Crisis, Torbjörn had gained notoriety for designing weapons systems used by countries around the world. However, his belief that technology must serve a better vision for humanity put him at odds with his employers, who desired to control his weapons using networked computer intelligence. Torbjörn had a deep mistrust of sentient robotic intelligence, and while many of his peers wrote this off as paranoia, his worst fears were realized when the robot populations of the world turned against their human creators during the Omnic Crisis. Because of his engineering genius, he was recruited to join the original Overwatch strike team, and his many inventions proved integral to ending the crisis. In the years that followed, Overwatch became an international peacekeeping force, and Torbjörn remained a critical resource for all of its technological needs and signature weapons systems. But in the aftermath of Overwatch's fall, many of Torbjörn's weapons were stolen or stashed away around the world. Feeling responsible for his creations, Torbjörn is determined to stop them from falling into the wrong hands and wreaking havoc on the innocent.

Deleted
    I'd love it if his Rivet Gun pinned enemies to walls on death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessCrow View Post
    That would be... awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Does that jet-pack or whatever he has on his back actually works as such?
    I believe it's his personal forge. His ultimate ability (Molten Core) sends it into overdrive and he gains a ton of scrap and armour, as well as increased build speed.

Deleted
    My friend is going to play the shit out of Torbjörn, as both Torbjörns and my friends surname is Lindholm

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be interesting to see how powerful those turrets actually are - hopefully they are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how powerful those turrets actually are - hopefully they are worth it.
    Well, going by the gameplay video, where he pops Molten Core and speedbuilds one, if given a clear line of sight and enough seconds undamaged, a stage-three turret can take down a shielded Rheinhardt almost entirely on its own, implying some pretty heavy damage output.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

MOLTEN CORE!!! I can't wait to play Torbjorn! The first thing I saw of Overwatch was that group shot with Tobjorn front and centre. I was instantly sold on the game. I've always loved playing as a Dwarf, and playing as a Dwarf that actually uses his Smithing skills to fight is a dream come true! I can't wait!

I find it amusing that, playstyle-wise, one of the best characters to pair Bastion with is Torbjorn, putting one of his turrets back-to-back with a transformed Bastion... yet Torbjorn's backstory saying he really distrusts robots.

Makes me wonder just what their banter might be like, since the devs have said characters will make comments to each other when nearby.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turrets can put out a surprising amount of damage. If it catches a weaker hero unaware even at level 1 or 2 will take them down pretty quick. At level 3 it just tears through nearly anything.

Likely the best counter to the turret IMO is a good Widowmaker who can snipe it out of range.

His name mean "Thor-bear" in Swedish, just proves how badass he is

I <3 the idea of engineer, just hope he's definitively breakable / not a complete unsiegeable wall.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion1602 View Post
    I <3 the idea of engineer, just hope he's definitively breakable / not a complete unsiegeable wall.
    HE is very fragile outside of his Q Molten core. His turret is... killable with the right hero and Widowmaker makes swiss cheese of both him and the turret while taking little to no damage herself. Being able to change heroes each death allows you to counter nearly anything and of course, expect after sniping him 5 times in the head he will change to something else to counter you back.

Deleted
    I'm fairly new to the forum, so I can't post any videos, etc., but I found a "gameplay"-video on YT.
    Search for "OVERWATCH Showmatch #1 At Blizzcon 6on6 Gameplay"
    at 11:40
    Torbjörn is buidling a sentry on top of the payload.
    Now imagine Bastion+Sentry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    His name mean "Thor-bear" in Swedish, just proves how badass he is
    That's just..epic.

From what I've gathered they become insanely powerful if you get a little help from bastion/reinhard to keep it shielded, to the point where the opposing team will have to pick specific counter characters to combat it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessCrow View Post
    Where have we seen that before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Makes me wonder just what their banter might be like, since the devs have said characters will make comments to each other when nearby.
    I can imagine it will be similar to Dwarf humour, in WoW.

Definitely one of the designs that appealed to me off the bat.

<- Sucker for Dwarves and Dwarf-esque characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    I find it amusing that, playstyle-wise, one of the best characters to pair Bastion with is Torbjorn, putting one of his turrets back-to-back with a transformed Bastion... yet Torbjorn's backstory saying he really distrusts robots.

HoTS has some fan-freaking-tastic banter lines, I look forward to more of that coolness in OW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.