Leveling spec for WoD

Thinking about leveling my pally first. Will prot be the best solo leveling (question) spec or will ret still take that?

10+ Year Old Account
    ret healing should be more than enough even going ham in terms of mob pulling.

Ret will be more than ample (and fun imo). It'll outdps prot on leveling, especially if you have cloak + heirloom.

Having done it, ret is fantastic for solo levelling WoD, almost up to BM hunter standards for solo content. You'll be able to do most group quests that come up in levelling on your own, some cool downs occasionally required.

Prot and ret are actually fairly close at lower levels, 90-94ish, but at higher levels ret wins out at speed while losing very little survivability. If you want to dungeon tank your way to 100 then YMMV, especially if you plan to tank at 100 and get 10 levels of practice in. They're similar in terms of survivability, but I definitely had more fun as ret.

If you do plan on tanking, then probably better to Prot the whole way and have the chance of getting quest reward epics with bonus armour to make the transition to dungeon gear smoother while you gear up.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2014-11-11 at 05:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    It depends on how hard the mobs will hit you. I dreaded leveling as dps in MoP, with the huge rise in HP and dmg from the mobs. Ret paladin, OK, has healing to some extent, so I switched back and forth between ret and prot. But an Unholy DK?.. I went Blood and pulled 10 mobs at once, didn't care..

Yeah Ret pretty much has it all, good defensivly, good self healing, good damage. Should probably be the best solo leveling spec in WoD next to Hunter.

Prot would probably only be better if you're in a group or/and pulling lots of mobs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What talents/glyphs are best for ret? As well as holy(when i do heal dungeons for quests)

Idk how geared you are but ive been leveling prot and its such a breeze, tons of chain pulling and survive ability!

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    What talents/glyphs are best for ret? As well as holy(when i do heal dungeons for quests)
    I made a thread about it. Cant copy now im on my mobile