Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gathering Professions and Buildings, Launch Time, Q&A Wednesday, Solo Garrosh Kill

Blizzcon 2014 Recap I: Patch 2.1.2

Hearthstone Developer Interview with Mike Donais and Jayson Chayes, Yong Woo on Deck Slots

BlizzCon Heroes Developer Interview With Kaeo Milker, BlizzCon Panel Recaps

The End Game Tournament - Quarterfinals

Warlords of Draenor Ad in Times Square
    This morning Blizzard shared a nice picture of a Warlords of Draenor ad in Times Square that features new Gorehowl model.

Warlords of Draenor - Gathering Professions
    Today we are taking a look at the changes to Mining, Herbalism, and Skinning in Warlords of Draenor, as well as the garrison buildings that accompany them.

Mining

Herbalism

Skinning
    • One new skin: Raw Beast Hide.
    • No need to go to a trainer to increase your Skinning cap, just go to Draenor and start playing, A Guide to Skinning in Draenor will drop from a mob or appear when gathering something.
    • You can now skin any skinnable animal at any level and you will receive fragments instead of the normal skin if your skill level is too low. Fragments can be combined to form useful skins.
    • You can also obtain skins from your garrison's barn
    • Skins are also contained in salvage containers from your garrison's Salvage Yard.

Warlords of Draenor - Garrisons: Herb Garden
    The Herb Garden has its own plot that no other buildings can be placed upon. Everyone with a garrison has access to this building and is able to gather from the nodes, even without the Herbalism profession.

Abilities
    This building is good for access to Herbalism nodes, even without the Herbalism profession.

• Level 1 - Grows Draenic Seeds into herbs each day and herbalism nodes are available in the garden.
    • Level 2 - Allows followers with the Herbalism trait to work here, granting a unique bonus. Also increases the amount of herbs that can be harvested at the garden and allows up to 14 work orders at one time.
    • Level 3 - Grow a unique Draenor fruit tree in your garden that grants food buffs. Also allows up to 21 work orders at one time.

Level 3 Unlock
    The Level 3 version of this building is unlocked by completing the Draenic Seed Collector achievement, which requires you to collect 500 Draenic Seeds from herbalism nodes.

Herbalism Output
    Each node has a chance to spawn a Disturbed Podling, which will attack you and drop extra herbs.

• Level 1 - 6 herbalism nodes
    • Level 2 - 11 herbalism nodes
    • Level 3 - 16 herbalism nodes

Work Orders
    The Herb Garden allows you to collect Draenic Seeds from herbalism nodes. You can then trade these seeds for additional herbs.

For an added bonus and the ability to select what herbs grow every day, you can assign a follower with Herbalism to your garden.

Items
    You can purchase a battle pet or items with farming tool models from the vendor in your garden.

Level Type Slot Name Cost Model Viewer
    1Companion Pets Crazy Carrot1000 × 
    1One-handed MaceOne Hand Garden Sickle2,500, 500 × 
    Modelviewer
    1One-handed MaceOne Hand Garden Hoe2,500, 500 × 
    Modelviewer
    1StaffTwo Hand Garden Shovel5,000, 1000 × 
    Modelviewer
    1StaffTwo Hand Garden Scythe5,000, 1000 × 
    Modelviewer

Achievements

Name Points Reward
    Draenic Seed Collector Collect 500 Draenic Seeds.

Interface Art

Level 1 Screenshots

Level 3 Screenshots

Warlords of Draenor - Garrisons: Mines
    The Lunarfall Excavation / Frostwall Mines has its own plot that no other buildings can be placed upon. Everyone with a garrison has access to this building and is able to mine the nodes inside, even without the Mining profession.

Abilities
    This building is good for access to mining nodes, even without the Mining profession.

• Level 1 - Allows players to mine Draenic Stone from mineral nodes in Draenor. Draenic Stone can be converted to work orders for Draenor minerals.
    • Level 2 - Allows followers with the Mining trait to work here, granting a unique bonus. Also opens a new mineshaft, granting access to additional mining nodes and allows up to 14 work orders at one time.
    • Level 3 - A final mineshaft allows access to rich mining nodes. In addition, garrison guards will patrol your mine, keeping it clear of hostile goren. Also allows up to 21 work orders at one time.

Level 3 Unlock
    The Level 3 version of this building is unlocked by completing the Draenic Stone Collector achievement, which requires you to collect 500 Draenic Stone from mining nodes.

Mining Output
    Players can extract resources from nodes in the mine, even without the Mining profession. Nodes will show up on the map, just like they would if you had Mining.

There are also Mine Carts in the Level 2 and Level 3 mine, which contain Warlords Archaeology Fragments, Ore, Preserved Mining Pick, and Miner's Coffee. The Mining Pick and Coffee drop frequently enough that you will have at least one to use every day while mining.

Daily Output
    Keep in mind that this is a rough idea of how much you can expect each day, not exact numbers.

Work Orders
    The Mine allows you to collect Draenic Stone from mining nodes. You can then trade 5 of these for some ore.

For an added bonus, you can add a follower with the Mining ability.

Achievements

Name Points Reward
    Draenic Stone Collector Collect 500 Draenic Stones.

Interface Art

Level 1 Screenshots

Level 2 Screenshots

Level 3 Screenshots

Warlords of Draenor Launch Times
    When the game goes live you will be able to go to Draenor and play right away, no logging out or patching required.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Warlords of Draenor will launch in:
    • North America (US) at 12:00 a.m. PST (1:00 a.m. Mountain, 2:00 a.m. CST, 3:00 a.m. EST) on Thursday, November 13
    • Oceanic will launch at the same time as the US.
    • Europe at 12:00 a.m. CET on Thursday, November 13
    • Korea at 12:00 a.m. KST on Tuesday, November 18
    • Taiwan at 12:00 a.m. CST on Tuesday, November 18
    • China at 12:00 a.m. CST on Tuesday, November 18

Don't see the exact time listed for your area? Check out this handy Time Zone Converter.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    EU Feedback Thread Comment in Documentary
    We do get valuable feedback from the EU forums, both directly from the English forums and translated/summarized by members of our Community team from the other language forums. I winced a little bit at that quote in the documentary as well, just because I knew it might be taken the wrong way.

For full context, for those who weren't participating or around during the early days of our Warlords beta testing, the first day of raid testing was a mess. We scheduled a Butcher test as our first raid test of the expansion and the massive number of people trying to zone in at once was chain-crashing our instance servers (due to a bug that we found and fixed within a few hours, thanks to the data obtained from monitoring testers). I had made specific feedback threads on both the NA and EU forums (as I always do) for the boss, and unsurprisingly the threads ended up being dominated by comments about server stability with little useful info about the bosses themselves. That's why I said "there is actually some genuine feedback..." - we'd written off the test as something that wasn't likely to yield anything constructive at all.

In general, we get (and use) tons of useful feedback from our EU raid tests. As I said on Twitter, that brief clip was about this one specific thread, and was not a general statement.

You have to admit scrolling past the Picard facepalm ASCII made for some fine comic timing alongside my comments, though - kudos to the editing team for that pairing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlords Launch Q&A, Live Wednesday Nov 12th!
    This Wednesday, I’ll be joining World of Warcraft Lead Game Designer Ion Hazzikostas and Lead Class Designer Kris Zierhut to answer your questions live on Twitch.TV! With Warlords of Draenor’s launch only a couple of days away, we’re sure there’s plenty of questions we weren’t able to answer at BlizzCon, and now is your chance to ask them!

When: Wednesday, November 12th, 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (see this handy tool to find when that is in your local time!)
    Where: The World of Warcraft channel on Twitch.TV/WoW

There are two ways to submit questions. If you’re using Twitter, simply tweet your question using the hashtag #WarlordsQA. You can also ask it as a reply to this forum thread; however, as we’d like to get to as many questions as possible, we will only consider questions using 40 words or less. Make them count! In order to be considered, your question must be submitted before 12:01 AM PST on Wednesday, November 12th.

See you there!

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    could you maybe make it so you don't have to glyph something random first before you can swap two incompatible glyphs?
    Yes we'd like to improve that. In the mean time, you can just right-click a glyph to remove it. (holinka)

Character / Items
    I just got Gromloc & added him & got no Achievement. I hope this is a bug.
    Fixed in 6.1, our apologies, you will retroactively achieve your FoS. (Muffinus)

Blazing Wings have a minor graphical glitch on some models like the legendary cloak did, hangs out to the side w/Magical Ogre Idol
    Global art fix, tasked, not likely to make it in a hotfix, but we'll make these attachment points consistent for all items. (Muffinus)

Blazing Wings buff disappearing on Druid shapeshift while other transformation buffs don't disappear. Bug or intended?
    Need to fix some attachment points, they'll make a return (as will other back-attached items). (Muffinus)

PvE
    If a raid ignores Highmaul optional bosses and kills Imperator, will the optional bosses still be there later?
    Yes. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    When does season 16 will start? I can't find it on the internet. Thanks for answering
    December 2nd (holinka)
    is it gonna be season 16 or WoD Season 1?
    WoD Season 1 (holinka)
    so wait is anything going to change on the system how I get HP and CP or you guysjust trying names?
    just names (holinka)

when does honor gear get released?
    It releases with Warlords (holinka)

Color of arena flags annoy me. IMO They are hard to identify (too faint?) which is yellow and which is green. Consider change them?
    Yes considering it. (holinka)

Have you guys ever tested objective-based 5v5? I loved how GW2 did it in SPvP, so I'm wondering how well it'd work in WoW.
    think it might play pretty well but where does it fit in the broader PVP picture. We have a lot already. We'll see. (holinka)
    Also nothing stopping people from trying some 5v5 war games. I recommend 2 orb ToK. (holinka)

I thought you weren't going to be allowed to switch specs in a BG? Just watched a DK switch from his dps spec to blood. Intended?
    it only prevents switching from healer to non-healer specs. System intent is balancing healers on each team. (holinka)

with crafted pvp sets I felt like I had a fighting chance coming in late but now I'll have to suffer to get bags, how is that fun?
    Instead of contenders sets we just level up the gear in battlegrounds and arenas (holinka)

Will levelling through PvP ever be as equal-speed to PvE levelling? I want to PvP to 100 on my main and wondering how fast it'd be?
    Questing is intended to be the fastest way to level and gear up for an expansion. (holinka)

if you guys could give the option to hide your zone or queue inside a rbg it will be huge so players don't spend hours dodging
    yeah the hidden presence one is certainly something to consider (holinka)

Reputation / Questing
    but its irrelevant content on chars that are boosted, no challange, and natural play can miss the bulk of 1-90 via speed
    Absolutely don't disagree. I think "any zone at any level" could be a lot of fun at some point in the future. (Muffinus)

Garrisons
    I mean daily quests that we're currently holding in our quest log. Rumors that they'll be reset so people don't get a jump on lvln
    Not 100% sure, but with no concept of realm first 100, I'd suggest exploring Draenor. Lots of rares, garrison stuff, etc. (Muffinus)
    I've experienced the zones plenty ! I'm more concerned with min/maxing my route and time to get ahead of the crowd,
    Worth thinking about: garrison resources are finite and very important for garrison progression. Suggest min-maxing that. (Muffinus)

Warlords of Draenor Irvine Signing Event
    While you can’t get a much bigger Warlords of Draenor launch and signing celebration than BlizzCon, we’ll be holding a local signing event the night of the release of the expansion for those of you who live around the Orange County area. We’ll have over 100 developers on-hand to sign your box or piece of Warcraft memorabilia and help celebrate the beginning of a new adventure through The Dark Portal.

Where:
    GameStop, Irvine Spectrum Center
    71 Fortune Dr. #856
    Irvine, CA 92618

When:
    Wednesday, November 12, starting at 10:00 a.m. PST
    • Once the store opens at 10 a.m., pre-orders can be finalized, and a line can begin forming.
    • When GameStop opens, product may be purchased and wristbands are distributed when pre-orders are finalized.
    • Early arrivals should form a line on the left side of the GameStop front door.

Thursday, November 13, 12:01 a.m. PST
    • World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor available for pick-up (final sales receipt required).
    • Blizzard developer signing tables open.
    • NOTE: To try to ensure everyone can get home to play the game as soon as possible, we’ll only be signing 1 item per attendee.

If you pre-ordered at GameStop at the Irvine Spectrum Center:
    1. Pay for and finalize your pre-order at the GameStop in Spectrum Center any time after 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 12 and pick up your wristband.
    2. After you have your wristband, join your fellow WoW players in-line to the left side of the front door of the store (left side when facing the front door). As the line grows, please be sure that it does not block the entrance to any other stores.

If you pre-ordered at a different GameStop:
    Your pre-order will not be accessible from a different store, but can be refunded any time before or after the event in the store where you placed the order. When you arrive at the GameStop location at the Spectrum Center:

1. Purchase your copy of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor at the GameStop store between 10:00 a.m. and midnight.
    2. After you have your wristband, join your fellow WoW players in line to the left side of the front door of the store (left side when facing the front door). As the line grows, please be sure that it does not block the entrance to any other stores.

If you have not pre-ordered World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with GameStop:
    No pre-order? No problem! Purchase your copy of the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor standard or Collector’s Edition at the GameStop located at the Irvine Spectrum Center. Supplies are limited, so be sure to stop by the store as soon as you arrive to make your purchase and get your receipt and event wristband.

If you purchased a digital version:
    You are still welcome to join your fellow friends in the World of Warcraft community to get an item of your choice signed by the development team. Please be sure to obtain your event wristband beginning at 7:00 p.m. on November 12. NOTE: To try to ensure everyone can get home to play the game as soon as possible, we’ll only be signing 1 item per attendee.

If you do not wish to have your copy signed:
    No problem! At midnight, GameStop will host a separate distribution for those who want to get their copy, get home, and begin playing.

We’ll see you there!

Death Knight Solo Kill - Normal Garrosh Hellscream
    With Mists of Pandaria coming to a close, we have one last impressive solo kill for you, Normal difficulty Garrosh! Congratulations go out once again to Mione.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-11-11 at 03:25 PM.

I want Mione to have my babies. Not even joking at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Definitely looking forward to cancelling every single plan I have this weekend.

"'Congrutaltions" Mione :P For the WoD launch, curious to see how stable the servers will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttonmasher View Post
    Why would you have plans for this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonmasher View Post
    I'm not attending university final exams to play at launch!

Very well done Mione, but this question needs to be asked:

Does there come a point where one simply has to consider Death Knights overpowered? I mean, soloing current raid content, come on...

10+ Year Old Account
    At Herbalism part:
    You can now herb any node at any level and you will receive fragments instead of the normal herb if your skill level is too low. Fragments can be combined to form ore.
    It's quite awesome that you can herb ores in Warlords

Chaud, you made a little copy-paste error there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    At Herbalism part:

It's quite awesome that you can herb ores in Warlords

Chaud, you made a little copy-paste error there.
    I turn herb fragments into ore all the time! (Fixed)

is it just me or with timezones, technically the UK will get to go on 11pm on Wed cause CET is +1 hour ahead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Garden and mine still give too many herbs. You can get all the herbs and ore you need every day from those buildings without having the prof. Not a fan. I think Work order mat requirements should be doubled.

About the Treatise of XYZ, do you need skill of x for it to drop or could you have like mining 1 and still get it?

I'm asking because I recently boosted a lvl28 character to 90 and her skills obviously did not get pumped up to 600.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretog View Post
    is it just me or with timezones, technically the UK will get to go on 11pm on Wed cause CET is +1 hour ahead...
    This has always been the case. It doesn't matter much.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Surprised they didn't just condense herbalism down to 1 or 2 herbs, seeing what happened to skinning and mining.

10+ Year Old Account
    so blueprints being unlocked is account-wide right? and was barn just like the mines and herb garden where everyone gets one? I missed it if it is. thanks for all of this info. I'm still likely going to have to re-read virtually everything on garrisons once they're available though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be 4 herbs, 3 ores, and 3 skins. 3 herbs spread throughout the zones with a rare herb. 2 mines spread throughout the zones with a rare ore, and 1 skin type, 1 fur type(used for tailoring along with cloth, also used in learthworking leather items, and 1 rare skin.

Blacksmithing uses ore to make stuff.
    Leatherworking uses leather and ore for mail, and leather and fur for leather.
    Tailoring uses cloth and fur.

- - - Updated - - -

Alchemy would use herbs and fish for elixirs and potions, Herbs and rare enchanting mats for flasks, and ore and random items from all profs for transmutes.

Not related to the topic, but wanted to post that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post

Does there come a point where one simply has to consider Death Knights overpowered? I mean, soloing current raid content, come on...
    Mione has been soloing current content since, like, always.

Not necessarily always on a DK.

He/she is just OP, not the class ^_^
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

You have Starflower twice (missing Nagrand Arrowbloom). =P

10+ Year Old Account
    So
    much
    convenience

It's mind-boggling the level of n00biness it has come down to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post

Sorry, but 5.4 is not considered current content in 6.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!