Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Never expected this to be revived
    Thank you, random person. It's because of you I've seen this thread and now have to make my own character.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Thank you, random person. It's because of you I've seen this thread and now have to make my own character.
    Random person?
    I am the one who created it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Name: Nightblade
    Nationality: Unknown
    Affiliation: Interested in being in Overwatch, but Overwatch not interested in being with him.
    Occupation: Professional Assassin, Mercenary, Spy, Martial Artist
    Base of Operation: A secret location in Chicago.
    Appearance: 185cm tall, 90kg, very muscular build that sometimes gives him problems with agility and being a spy in general. Mix of dark leather and titanium armor, which is filled with knives and daggers.

Quote: "By the time this sentence is finished, you're a dead man."

Health: 250 (offence character)

Speed: Slow

Bio: Origins unknown, only history of Nightblade that's available is from the day he became Nightblade. Has been involved in many situations across the world, worked as mercenary for bad organizations, worked as a spy for good organizations and worked as an assassin for himself, when he thinks he's doing the right thing. Not necessarily a bad man, just bad habits and means to achieve his ends. Which is why Overwatch didn't want him on the team.

Abilities:

Left click: Blades of Suffering - Slow melee attack, he has dual blades that inflict higher damage than the normal melee attack.
    Right click: Throw Dagger - He pulls a dagger from his suit and uses it as a ranged attack. Fast projectile, and inflicts the same damage as normal melee attack. Has a time delay since he's pulling them out of the suit, so he can't spam them very fast.

Shift: Shadowstep - Nightblade switches his speed to Fast for a few seconds, and envelopes himself in shadows, making all shots against him have a 30% chance to miss. Doesn't work on ultimates. Low cooldown.

E: Backstab - Next melee attack (left click) deals bonus damage. If you attack during Shadowstep, it deals additional damage. Only usable from behind.

Ultimate: No Escape - Throw daggers in all directions around Nightblade. Each dagger deals double melee attack damage, and poisons the enemies, slowing their speed by 50% for a few seconds and dealing minor damage over the duration. Activates Shadowstep without triggering the cooldown.

Also: He can climb walls with his knives. I think it would be fair, considering he is melee and must spam a button to go faster and not get killed easily and has a positional requirement for Backstab, so climbing walls might make things easier for him. And it goes with the lore/role I guess.

Random person?
    I am the one who created it
    Props to you then, I hope you like my idea.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-03-29 at 03:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never expected this to be revived
    Hey, I revive things, its what I do.

You know what? If were just gonna sit here and make characters, why dont we start a totally different story and make an alternate timeline fan-fic, im not one for fan-fiction stories, but it depends if its being written by a 8 year old kid or a 38 year old adult.

We should have a character to replace each current canon character

And death, lots and lots of death.
    Last edited by Fiery Sands; 2016-03-29 at 11:16 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Character

Name: Chaostail
    Where from: Japan Tokyo
    Relations: Friends with Junkrat, knew Hanzo and Genji as a child.

Ultimate: invincibility
    Weapon: flamethrower
    Special: Sprint and fire bombs
    Health: 250
    Quote: Swift and sneaky like a fox, but when needed chaos comes.
    Role: offense
    Melee: she has a special melee which is actually biting them with her fox like teeth.

Description: Maria is a young girl recruited to Overwatch for her animal like powers and appearance. She has the same red colored tail and ears as a red fox. She has tight black pants similar to WidowMakers. A Long black shirt with red sleeves. On her face is a tattoo which is the Japanese word for chaos. Which is her last name.

P.S. Work still to be done with character not fully finished!

15+ Year Old Account
    yesss this thread is revived! ITS ALIVE! ITS ALIIIIIIIIVEEEE!!!

i keep forgetting about this. >_<

Patrick, the fancy elf
    Patrick was an omnic that was designed to hand out presents around the Christmas times. However with the uprising, new programming entered his matrix and he began to leave the most gruesome presents.

Classification: Tanky Support
    Health: 200
    Armor: 150
    Abilities
    Primary Fire: Cane Slash, slash at an enemy dealing ~80 damage in a quick melee slash
    Alternative Fire: Party Whistlers (think unfoiling paper kind). Shoot a Streamer for a moderate-long distance that deals ~75. (Primary outclasses it in dps aka firing frequency).
    Passive: Winter Coat: reduce the damage of all attacks on allies withing ~lucio sound range by 5 per attack. Effect stacks with armor.
    RB: Mystery Box: Originally this was going to be a random buff such as a hot, shield, or damage boost. But after review I think I'm going to leave it as a large health pack that only allies can pick up.
    LB: Lump of Coal: Give an enemy a lump of Coal reducing movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds. CD approximately 8 seconds.
    Ult: Special Delivery, Teleports all to a spot you can see after a 1 sec channel.

Explanation:
    While not the typical healer, Patrick is a healer that excels being in the thick of the team and is excellent at protecting the vanguard. His passive aura gives a little damage reduction to allies giving them an edge. Furthermore he excels as a melee kiter than can keep an enemy from escaping/dodging. He can quickly save allies in need with mystery gift but loses out over an extended engagement. However with 350 total hp and good DR through armor and his passive he can hold a flank giving his allies a chance to push. Furthermore with his ult he can give his team a chance to by powerful siege areas and zerg the enemy backlines. Or recall the team back to defend the point.

Good Against:
    Reaper, Tracer, DVA.
    Patricks damage reduction aura really takes a hit against enemies with high fire rate low damage or enemies that need to get close. Furthermore Lump of Coal Prevents easy engagements and The mystery box provides that burst healing needed to win the engagement.

Struggles Against:
    Widowmaker, Pharah, Soldier
    Theses Heroes completely outrange Patrick and must be approached cautiously. Patrick will have to rely on stealth and his tankiness to get close and personal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want this guy in the game

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...a_new_support/

He does what Lucio does, but focuses on damage and not speed. Would play him in a min to give variety to my meta game.

Codename: Edge
    Role: Flanker Assault
    Counters: Everyone
    Countered: Intelligent play

100HP/150shield

Passive: Thrill of the Kill - Melee consumes stacks dealing an extra 20 damage per stack consumed. Max 3 stacks. All attacks ignore armor.
    M1: Stab - Slash target for 70 damage slowing them by 50% for 3 seconds. Deal 1.25x damage from behind. Slash generates 1 Thrill stack. Melee. 1attack/sec.
    M2: Dash - Dash 12m toward the direction you are moving. Gain 1s of i-frames. Generates 1 stack of Thrill. 6s CD.
    Melee: Stab for 30 damage + 20/stack.
    Shift: Stealthbomb - Drop a smokebomb obscuring sight for your enemies. Slip into stealth for 10 seconds. Attacks from stealth deal +30 damage. While stealthed you can run up walls and you are silent. 15s CD.
    E: Cheapshot - Teleport up to 15m infront of you instantly. From stealth you stun target for 1s+(0.5s/stack) dealing 20 damage. Out of stealth you root target for 2s dealing 20 damage. 8 sec CD.
    Q: Assassinate - Teleport behind target stunning for 1.5s dealing 150 damage. If target dies you may use this ability a second time. 20m range.

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Codename: Edge
    Role: Flanker Assault
    Counters: Everyone
    Countered: Intelligent play

100HP/150shield

Passive: Thrill of the Kill - Melee consumes stacks dealing an extra 20 damage per stack consumed. Max 3 stacks. All attacks ignore armor.
    M1: Stab - Slash target for 70 damage slowing them by 50% for 3 seconds. Deal 1.25x damage from behind. Slash generates 1 Thrill stack. Melee. 1attack/sec.
    M2: Dash - Dash 12m toward the direction you are moving. Gain 1s of i-frames. Generates 1 stack of Thrill. 6s CD.
    Melee: Stab for 30 damage + 20/stack.
    Shift: Stealthbomb - Drop a smokebomb obscuring sight for your enemies. Slip into stealth for 10 seconds. Attacks from stealth deal +30 damage. While stealthed you can run up walls and you are silent. 15s CD.
    E: Cheapshot - Teleport up to 15m infront of you instantly. From stealth you stun target for 1s+(0.5s/stack) dealing 20 damage. Out of stealth you root target for 2s dealing 20 damage. 8 sec CD.
    Q: Assassinate - Teleport behind target stunning for 1.5s dealing 150 damage. If target dies you may use this ability a second time. 20m range.
    Too strong. I would get rid of the wall run and and damage boost from stealth. Also you should still make sound but taking damage doesn't drop it. Attacking should drop stealth. Finally Lower damage on ult to something like 50 damage and a 3s kill window to activate second charge with 8 seconds overall to use it the second time. Increase dash cd to 8-11 sec. Finally remove the slow on your M1.

Name: Sentinel
    Affiliation: Overwatch
    Role: Tank
    Health: 600
    shield: 150
    Quote: "Stay strong and justice will always win."

Passive: Will of the Knight, Speed boost near allies and main attack slows enemies.

Main/primary attack: Arc Sword/Arc rifle
    aim to turn the sword into a rifle. when in melee mode the slow from Will of the knight is 30% for 5 seconds. When in range mode slows for 40% for 3 seconds.

Ability 1: Sentinel's Defense, cast a barrier on an ally redirecting all damage to the Sentinel for 4 seconds.

Ability 2: Call of Valor, buffs allies speed(attack, reload, and movement) by 45% for 4 seconds.

Ability 3: Shield Slam, Knocks back an enemy and stuns them for 2 seconds.

Ultimate: Nullify, stops enemy ultimates from being casted for 4 seconds and ends current ones.

Story:
    Not much is known about the Sentinel, he just appeared one day along side a king. He prevented the king from being assassinated. When he appears, he is usually defending kings, queens, and other leaders of countries.

He appeared with overwatch at one point and disappeared after it ended. Though he was found sometime afterwords by Winston and tracer in a hidden lab. Where they found he was cryogenically frozen because he had a mysterious illness that currently had no cure. There was instructions left to only wake him if a cure was found or if he was needed.

He was carefully moved along with all the research on his illness. After long time running tests Winston found a way to slow the illness but did not want to wake Sentinel yet. Though events forced Winston's hand.

Note: really really rough draft.
    Last edited by Traveler Voltin; 2017-01-02 at 04:07 PM.

Name: Evilah
    Opucation: Gearshifter, German actor
    Type: Alien Demon
    Class: Support
    Special Attacks:
    Blizzaxel: makes all enemies dizzy
    Character changer: changes all enemies characters PERMANENTLY for the WHOLE battle
    Deadly but silent: kills enemies For the WHOLE MATCH.
    Ultament Attacks:
    Blaster ice: freezes enemies
    Death Deer: kills enemies

Name:Tracker
    Roleefense
    Base of operations: Unknown

Abilities:
    Grappling hook: you know what that is
    C7:shoot a stick bomb that you manually trigger
    Blink: like tracers, but only 2 and longer recharge.
    Lethal blink: Blink toward and enemy and kill them.

Lore: James was in the experiment with soldier 76. He was the 7th. Later, he was working closely where they were testing project slipstream with Lena Oxton (Tracer). He go caught in the blast and was givin lowere version of her powers. When overwatch split, he was sad until Winston recalled. He made it his mission to become part of the new Overwatch.

Appearence: Brown hair, green eyes, Leather jacket, black shirt, and black jeans. Gun is red and black.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wish they could do an Abuthur type character who's job it was to watch the team and buff players as needed instead of actually fighting. A type of...overwatch character if you will.

I made 12, 3 of each class. I put it up on the OW forums, but since I just made my account for the sole reason of responding to this thread, I can't paste the link...

The name of the thread is CUSTOM OVERWATCH HERO IDEAS

All caps because stupid caps lock is stupid...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    I kind of wish they could do an Abuthur type character who's job it was to watch the team and buff players as needed instead of actually fighting. A type of...overwatch character if you will.
    they could make athena like that if they ever decide to put her in game.

Formerly known as Arafal

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Name: I have no god damn idea.
    Origin: Norwegian
    Base of operations: Overwatch outpost in Stavanger, Norway
    Role: Tank

Story: Halvard is a Norwegian technician and engineer, whom at the start of the omnic crisis worked at an oil platform. When the war started and omnics began assulting his workplace, he utilized a maintenance mech meant for underwater repairs to keep the Omnics at bay, with no small amount of advantage coming from his previous military service for a couple of years prior to the crisis.
    Once the platform was evacuated and he and his coworkers were transported inland, he pioneered the use of modified underwater maintenance mechs suited for combat, and eventually joined Overwatch, making improvements on his formerly makeshift vehicle as the war went on. After the war, he went back to working mostly as a technician, but continued to work on and perfect the mech over the years, and with tensions rising, he has eagerly decided to return to Overwatch, now with a new and improved tank on legs!

Playstyle: While i'm not entirely certain about his abilities, Halvard would be a heavy, slow-moving tank character with a lot of health and armor, as well as big hitbox. He'd sport some heavy ranged weaponry, probably a very oversized assult rifle, and possibly explosives.

P.S. Suggestions for a name would be welcome!

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Did this die again already? :c

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    Did this die again already? :c
    Yeah, looks like ... but I will add something.

Code Name: Sânge
    Origin: Romanian
    Profession: Doctor
    Role: Support
    Affiliation: Talon

Abilities:

Passive: Blood Charge. Primary fire Dealing damage increases power of next heal. Similar to armor with Torb. There is a max. Used to power up next heal.

A small handgun that works similar to Ana's rifle. Its main fire damages Enemies while Alt Fire will heal an ally hit. Fire rate is faster than Ana's butt, deals less damage. Heal varies based on Blood charge, without charge will heal less than Ana. Charging alt fire is used to power up the heal (only usable when have blood charge).

Ability 1: Throws an AoE grenade that deals damage to enemies caught in the field over time, last about as long as Soldier's heal. Will increase Blood charge if standing in it yourself.

Ability 2: Fantomă. Phases self to take less damage for a period of time, increases movement speed. Similar to Reaper's ability, but rather than immunity to damage/inability to act, takes less damage and is restricted during duration to just primary fire.

Ultimate: Embrace of the Vampire. Buffs a teammate that their damage cause an AoE Heal based on Damage dealt.

History: Vladmir was an accomplished doctor, but was over shadowed by Angela Ziegler during the time of Overwatch. He was set to be recruited until they chose Angela over him. He had fallen on hard times after that event when Talon had found him and offered him a chance to get revenge on the group that had overlooked him. His gun and grenade are based on stolen technology from Overwatch (similar to Sombra teleport).

He does have some exchanges with the other Talon operatives (Widowmaker, Sombra and Reaper) as well as Mercy. He never calls Mercy by her codename or Angela, always Dr. Ziegler except on a killing of an enemy Mercy, where he will refer to her as Angela.

Examples:
    Sombra: Hey, Vladimir ...
    Sânge: For the last time, please address me as Dr. Báthory.

Sânge: It appears that you will be assisting me today, Dr. Ziegler
    Mercy: Perhaps it is you assisting me, Dr. Báthory.

Sânge: I would love a chance to study you. Perhaps after you have passsed?
    Winston: Not a chance.

Sânge: I am curious to know what temporal distortion does on the body.
    Sombra: I rather you keep your distance. or Tracer: Stay away from me!

Upon killing an enemy Mercy: Adio Angela
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2017-01-17 at 11:58 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code