Deleted

Does the alternate universe have different titans?

I have a question regarding the alternate timeline that opened with WoD:

Because the timeless isle is on Azeroth and Azeroth was created by the Titans I would assume that the Vision of Time (or at least its powers) are also of titanic origin and can't open timelines that are out of scope of the Titans. But that would also mean that the same Titans watch over the alternate timeline. Is that the case? Why does Sargeras show massive interest in our main timeline?

There are some more conclusions (e.g. regarding Algalon) you could jump to if you assume that the Titans watch over all the timelines. Has this ever been addressed in a Q&A somewhere?

The only answer to any question about the AU that's not directly related to Draenor is quite simply: we don't know.
    We don't know what's out there. We don't know what AU Azeroth, or the AU Old Gods, or the AU Titans look like. And honestly, I won't shed a tear if we never do find out, because the less time we spend causing temporal paradoxes, the better.

think on the front page, towards the lore area someone is worrying about the differences and they're saying not to worry about it, only small changes were made so that we dont have duplicates of people going over(aka blizzard is full of retards and made a time travel expansion, but don't know shit about time travel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    The only answer to any question about the AU that's not directly related to Draenor is quite simply: we don't know.
    We don't know what's out there. We don't know what AU Azeroth, or the AU Old Gods, or the AU Titans look like. And honestly, I won't shed a tear if we never do find out, because the less time we spend causing temporal paradoxes, the better.
    You're probably right. Thinking about it will only make it worse. I still don't see how Blizzard thinks storytelling like this is good storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AU (along with all the infinite others) is its own separate universe (other planes included).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Question, with the Draenor we travel to in WoD. Is this Draenor connected to our Twisting nether, or an alternate one?
    Likely an entire separate universe, but we're not addressing it in the expansion. Focus is Draenor! (DaveKosak)

Only MU Sargeras shows interest in us in the MU. The AU has its own Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    so if the titans have the power to create trans-universe travel devises, and on these other universes are other titans with the same power, there are infinite titans. therefor infinite sargeras. yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As it stands, both the Burning Legion and the Titan Pantheon (as well as the entire Twisting Nether) are duplicated in the AU - although we're only dealing directly with greater entities that have an influence or impact on Draenor specifically. No Titans will probably show up as they never did in the original timeline of Draenor, but the Burning Legion definitely has a presence (and a duplicate Mannoroth has already met his end).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Most likely.

There are enough inter-dimensional travelers(draenei, naaru, Legion) that have AU duplicates that it's pretty safe to assume the Titans also have AU duplicates.

What if the twisting nether is at the center of all of the universes thus the titans and demons only exist on a single plane at a time but can move from any plane at anytime. So for example they created a 'blueprint' and decided to make alot of 'simulations' to see the end result i guess im not sure I mean at least thats the only way to make the lore make kindaish sense. Pandoras box has been opened though and i think they really should of left it closed lore wise, game wise its gonna be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever he decides to fart
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    /thinks about the statue at blizz hq that says 'the game before lore', looks at potential nosebleeds in thread, takes tylenol and jumps in

Well, I suppose it's possible...but the whole thing feels so 'let's shove everything up it's own ass' meta.
    I'm sort of blown away, pardon my lore-gument-noobishness, but arguing/laying awake at night wondering if there are multi-dimensional titan/gods in a pixelated make believe world is even more complicated and less rewarding than doing so about the real world.
    Sorry if it takes the steam out of things..but yah.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    From a macrocosmic standpoint, it really doesn't matter if the AU timeline has its own Legion, Pantheon, or what-have-you - there is only one true timeline in the Warcraft universe (our own) and all the others are "what if" shards of the master timeline what have a limited half-life. Our intrusion into the greater AU is minimal at best (one planet, one very specific point in its history), and is supposed to be a surgical strike to end Garrosh's invasion attempts on our world and timeline. Once we've done our job it's likely entry into the timeline will close in the storyline, and eventually the AU will dissolve into undifferentiated matter as its personal timeline collapses.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    From a macrocosmic standpoint, it really doesn't matter if the AU timeline has its own Legion, Pantheon, or what-have-you - there is only one true timeline in the Warcraft universe (our own) and all the others are "what if" shards of the master timeline what have a limited half-life. Our intrusion into the greater AU is minimal at best (one planet, one very specific point in its history), and is supposed to be a surgical strike to end Garrosh's invasion attempts on our world and timeline. Once we've done our job it's likely entry into the timeline will close in the storyline, and eventually the AU will dissolve into undifferentiated matter as its personal timeline collapses.
    "One true timeline" isn't about ours being more real than the AUs. It's about the destiny of how our timeline is supposed to unfold without temporal interference. All the infinite AUs exist and are stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    the blue answer to any time related questions is "Shhhh, no words, this is bullshit, ignore it"
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Even in the LFG documentary, they said the only reason this expansion exists; Wouldn't it be cool to go to Draenor, before it became Outlands? To see all of the Old Horde in it's prime?

Then Blizzard slapped together this, Vision of Time shit, on top of everything. Wrathion being obviously behind this manipulation.

Welcome to WoW's first filler expansion, used to get under the hood and charge us for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "One true timeline" isn't about ours being more real than the AUs. It's about the destiny of how our timeline is supposed to unfold without temporal interference. All the infinite AUs exist and are stable.
    I'm basing my theory on the events of "Twilight of the Aspects," specifically the timeline where Blackmoore had conquered Lordaeron and was stated to be unstable and teetering on the edge of dissolution (the conversation Thrall had with alternate Taretha and Krasus at Dalaran, prior to Thrall "finding" Nozdormu and that specific timeway being shattered).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm basing my theory on the events of "Twilight of the Aspects," specifically the timeline where Blackmoore had conquered Lordaeron and was stated to be unstable and teetering on the edge of dissolution (the conversation Thrall had with alternate Taretha and Krasus at Dalaran, prior to Thrall "finding" Nozdormu and that specific timeway being shattered).
    That timeline still exists.
    May I ask a question? In your interview with Jessie Cox, you compared WoD's Draenor with the Alt Azeroth of THRALL: TotA I understood, by reading the book, that said Alt Azeroth vanished/crumbled when T realized present is what matters.
    That scene represented the fact that Thrall (and Noz) could with that realization escape the grasp of the Timeways not that the alternate Timeways were destroyed. (ChristieGolden)

Timeline =/= timeway.
    Thanks! Another question... I think the story mixes timeline with timeway. They weren't synonyms.
    I believe it's being used interchangeably now (by devs). But, they mean different things for sure. (Loreology)
    Timeline is the entire history of the universe past-present-future and is pmuch synonymous with universe (i.e. alternate timeline = alternate universe). Timeways are just tunnels that connect different parts of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Welp, did some extra research and it seems the AU timelines are stable, or at least the one in "Twilight of the Aspects" remains extant (https://twitter.com/CEMOTucu/status/502899812384374784). Going to be interesting if travel between the timeways remains open for any length of time.

Deleted
    well theres a burning legion, so i assume that means there is a sargeras, and therefore titans.