10+ Year Old Account

camera centering on hero

ive got hots installed on two PCs.
    on my laptop when i press SPACE i have a blue beam over my hero and the camera follows smoothly.
    on my stationary computer (which is obviously better so its not the case) when i press SPACE i DONT have the blue beam over my character and the camera is like tearing (dont know more appropriate word)

i cant find anything in options about it. any clue how to make it work properly ?

10+ Year Old Account
    weird, I have never gotten a blue beam. I can't help you but I'm curious about the beam to see what the answer is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    weird, I have never gotten a blue beam. I can't help you but I'm curious about the beam to see what the answer is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJjqhxblL2M

well, here it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    Yeah, I have it now. I think it might just be a new thing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    If the question is still of concern: press "L" to center / de-center the camera on your Hero. I strongly advice to play with the unanchored camera, since it allows you to watch the battlefield/lanes/everything while still moving your hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    If the question is still of concern: press "L" to center / de-center the camera on your Hero. I strongly advice to play with the unanchored camera, since it allows you to watch the battlefield/lanes/everything while still moving your hero.
    its not the case.

thing is about pressing SPACE, the effect is different on each of 2 of my PCs.

The beam is present regardless of graphics settings, so you may have changed some default keybinds or something like that. I'd take a peek at your keybinds, under camera, and see what space is set to.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok people still dont understand the issue. i dont rly care for the blue beam.

SPACE does what it should on both of my PCs - center on my hero. although when i keep pressing it on my laptop it follows my hero smoothly.
    on my stationary comp tho the follow is jagged (i seriously dont know better words for this). its definately NOT smooth.

so thats the case. why is it different on two pcs ?

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's on auto-follow but jagged I have no idea, you sure your pc isn't lagging?

Sounds like a performance issue to me. What are your graphics set at? If you have anything like shadows, shaders, lighting, reflections, physics, or post-processing turned up too high, that could cause a stutter. If that's the only time you're having that issue, though, and it runs fine the rest of the time, I'm not sure of the cause. This might be a good thing to post on the official tech support forum.