Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyo View Post
    Bear in mind with that list you can only equip 3 of the crafted armour pieces.
    Can I wear the engineering helm and 3 crafted BS items? Thanks for the info!

I did Blood Maul Slag Mine Hero yesterday before all crashing xd well, was pretty tied, some Bosses we finished like 10% HP's each and we add Healthstone XD

Roltall : I tried to avoid Rolling Stone by the Path between the First and the Second (care, they come back XD), work almost pretty well. First try we went out of dps, a lot of fire (too much) make us die. Second try a dps at start when EF was on the Tank and worked like a charm. Careful with out of range for healing I was a too much hell back from my mates when the wind blew ...

Crushto : nothing really to say. I tried to heal miners but I'm not sure it's very effective. My group went a lil' bit low when I was spamming miners.

Gug'rokk : pain in the ass. You have to chose who dispell unless you have the Cleanse (?) Glyph. Start Circling around the area with your group instead of standing in the middle of it cuz you'll miss range in other case. EF on everyone and pray for some proc's ! I dps a bit at start.

Forgemaster Gog'duh : nothing really hard. Spam dispell. Heal xd Don't stand near the Elem ?
    _

LF Stats Prio : I think I'm gonna go for Crit > Haste (bouhou, miss my Mastery). What do you think about ? It comes naturally when you need that Crit boosting your miss of SP and the Haste cuz you want to do more than three heal before you get to 90 years xd
    Last edited by Chocobofou; 2014-11-15 at 06:54 AM.

I'd go with mastery > haste > crit as currently suggested, RNG stat with low level gear isn't the best choice in my opinion.

I think Haste>Mastery>Crit is better considering most of our skills now have a cast time.

Where did you read that suggestion rinleezwins ?

And thx for replying me Mifuyne

From now one, every Pal is looking for a different priority XD Love this game for that

Deleted
    Paladin healing seems ok in 5man. I think i did all of them, some are really easy some are ok difficulty with some close calls especially before getting some gear. I went for crit>haste>multistrike>mastery but its hard to say something pulls ahead since most of the gear i got till now has all of those stats. I still think crit is best stats for starting since health bars are rarely full so overhealing is close to zero.

Stat priorities change depending if you're going for SS or EF. SS doesn't scale with mastery at all so you go for crit > haste. Crit can proc IoL and should be better in a world where our healing isn't overheal to the degree it's been in the past. For a discussion of crit, THIS ARTICLE does a really good job of discussing the value of crit and crit caps as they relate to WoD. Some of the information is outdated but the actual crit theory is still accurate.

Crit and haste have always been amazing stats for raw healing. Haste can be mana hungry because of the ability to cast more spells (more mana) in a shorter period of time but it has always been strong. I would expect that the mana consideration might still be a thing but since the rebalancing of our base combat regen it should be less of a thing than in prior expansions.

Paladin mastery (like Disc priests) favors an environment where someone can be sitting at at/near full health with a shield and the shield gets sniped off and the actual drop in HP doesn't happen so all the throughput healers overheal to a ridiculous degree and thus lose value -OR- in situation where a burst can drop people to dead without the effective health increase of some sort of shield. Because of the dominance of shielding in MoP the encounters and damage patterns have been designed so that shields lose value in a progression environment so we're not going to see those Dark Animus Interrupting Jolt mechanics and the raid is more likely to rot to death than go 100 -> 0 in a short period of time. With that said, they have rolled back the interaction between EF and mastery so the HoT refreshes the shield. Given that interaction if you're planning an EF build mastery does gain in value over haste not because haste becomes suddenly bad, but because of the mana considerations of being able to cast more spells.

The takeaway is that all of our secondaries have value.
    • SS = crit > haste > multistrike (not 100% about ms but I think this is how it will play out in real life)
    • EF = crit > mastery > haste.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Based on Bouch's numbers it seems Multi and Vers are very close to each other when it comes to SS. We don't really have any multistrike synergy though, and since Vers does provide a passive defense boost it might be better overall since it's basically the definition of consistent and boring for secondary stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    I understand the needs to slow healing down but having a hot healing people for 600 a tick when having 160k+ hp is boring.

I decided to go for crit > whatever given that the drops are so vast in variety and farming the 5 mans endlessly is beyond boring.

Though I'll probably end up with a few more optimal pieces while farming for trinkets that never drop : >
    Last edited by Andyo; 2014-11-16 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Based on Bouch's numbers it seems Multi and Vers are very close to each other when it comes to SS. We don't really have any multistrike synergy though, and since Vers does provide a passive defense boost it might be better overall since it's basically the definition of consistent and boring for secondary stats.
    Versatility is not designed to be as good at other secondaries. It's more expensive and provides less throughput by design. For 1% of Versatility you need 130 itemization points compared to Multistrike at 66. That alone means that you have to pay a pretty hefty price to get enough Versatility to compete with 2x the value of Multi.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Anyone have some solid weakauras strings yet? Most I find are fairly clunky, especially avenging wrath with merciful wrath glyped.

So I've started doing the heroic dungeons. I must say I can see the pros and cons of holy paladins already. The cons are that we lack a reliable way to aoe heal if needed ( 2nd boss of grimrail depot comes to mind) and that we aren't mobile at all ( Only holy shock). Our pros is that we have many ways to recover with our I-WIN button cd ( avenging wrath), LoH, HA and both our hands. Having beacon of faith as our level 100 talent I see myself putting it on myself alot so that I don't have to worry about healing myself and just focus on the dps and tanks. Another pro I noticed is that we are very mana efficient compared to other healers ( I only played with hpriest and resto druid so IDK about the other healers).
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

Deleted
    Find I'm struggling with Heroic dungeons at the minute hoping somebody can give me a hand: Here's my Stats/Glyphs/Talent Points

Stats:

Int 2754
    SP 3766
    Crit 11.70%
    Spirit 1036
    Haste 11.6%
    Mastery 14.8%
    MS 3.15%
    Versatility 3.12%

Glyphs:

Beacon of Light
    Divinity

Talent Points:

Pursuit of Justice
    Fist of Justice
    Eternal Flame
    Hand of Purity
    Divine Purpose
    Lights Hammer
    Beacon of Faith

I find on some fights I'm really struggling to keep people at 100% especially if there is multiple damage. I've always played as Holy Paladin and never struggled this much. Not sure if it's tank or me? I seem to do fine with DK/Druid tanks due to their cooldowns helping with regen healing? I sometimes find if I'm casting a spell it's taking to long. I usually heal with Holy light/Eternal Flame/Holy Shock. Unless it's big damage then I go with Flash of Light heal.

Beacon the tank and usually beacon whichever the strongest DPS is.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: I have also read the guide briefly but just wondering am I really wrong on something or perhaps it's just a few small tweaks to made. I know some of my talents are different. But at the minute I feel I really need Hand of Purity.
    Last edited by mmocf48c9d73f8; 2014-11-16 at 11:49 PM.

Light's Hammer is not terribly good for most fights—I use Holy Prism generally and Stay of Execution for heavy tank damage fights. I healed every Heroic today except for Skyreach, and managed to do it all at IL 615, even with a fairly high retard coefficient. Some things were impossible to heal through (large pulls where no one interrupted, boss fights where the wrong target was focused, morons standing in fire or GODDAMN TARGETS ON THE GROUND), but generally I felt like a capable healer.

I switched my lv 100 talents throughout and generally found that I liked Beacon of Insight the most.

Avenging Wrath is godmode—I generally keep everyone at 100% during AW, which is why I like to glyph Merciful Wrath. You'll get two uses of it during most difficult boss fights, and won't generally cap health, 'wasting' the rest of the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am finding healing the five man heroics hilarious if I pug; nobody interrupts, the dps is just ghastly bad, the tanks turn backs to mobs for literally no reason, nobody uses stuns.

Complete night and day difference doing it with a guild group of raiders. So much for silver proving grounds having any effect at all on the actual groups you get in LFD

In a pug: "OH shitohshitohshitoshit" spamming the entire time, no chance to ever do anything but spamspamspam, its getting ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I'm seeing dps doing under 5k while running over dark runes and standing in aoe dmg abilities on bosses then freaking the hell out that they died. And these are the people that grinded to 100 fast and got gear+PG!
    You're a towel.

@Mindtrap92 I had the same issues until I swapped some talents around. EF isn't nearly as strong as it used to be since we can't generate that much holy power like in MOP , try using SS instead as it costs mana rather than HoPO. DP has the same issue as EF that we don't cast that many finishers to really get a benefit of it ( Until we get our 2p/4p then I'm certain we'll be jumping to DP). Try using HA as it serves as an extra cd to use aswell. As for lights hammer, It's not very reliable in hcs so i'd switch to Holy Prism as it is more versitile and on a much shorter cooldown ( Could be used as a single target heal or a group heal).
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindtrap92 View Post
    Find I'm struggling with Heroic dungeons at the minute hoping somebody can give me a hand: Here's my Stats/Glyphs/Talent Points

Stats:

Int 2754
    SP 3766
    Crit 11.70%
    Spirit 1036
    Haste 11.6%
    Mastery 14.8%
    MS 3.15%
    Versatility 3.12%

Glyphs:

Beacon of Light
    Divinity

Talent Points:

Pursuit of Justice
    Fist of Justice
    Eternal Flame
    Hand of Purity
    Divine Purpose
    Lights Hammer
    Beacon of Faith

I find on some fights I'm really struggling to keep people at 100% especially if there is multiple damage. I've always played as Holy Paladin and never struggled this much. Not sure if it's tank or me? I seem to do fine with DK/Druid tanks due to their cooldowns helping with regen healing? I sometimes find if I'm casting a spell it's taking to long. I usually heal with Holy light/Eternal Flame/Holy Shock. Unless it's big damage then I go with Flash of Light heal.

Beacon the tank and usually beacon whichever the strongest DPS is.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: I have also read the guide briefly but just wondering am I really wrong on something or perhaps it's just a few small tweaks to made. I know some of my talents are different. But at the minute I feel I really need Hand of Purity.
    I would suggest dropping beacon of faith for saved by the light for 5mans, having a 1 minute cooldown on a 100k+ shield if ur tank drops below 30% is really nice as you can allow that to take damage while you top him back up slowly. 2nd beacon is useless alot of the time as its just overhealing a dps in 5mans.

Holy Prism also massively out performs lights hammer for 5mans, 20 second cooldown on a 25k+ heal because the 5 heals also heal the beacon for halves after. Good burst just to re top the tank reguarly.

T5 talents i guess are what works for you, since holy power generation is a lot slower currently though i think divine purpose is pretty weak. Longer duration on Wings from sanctified wrath though is really nice as it makes it a 100% healing increase for 30 seconds then.

Eternal flame for the same reason as above is weaker currently than sacred shield, 3 charges also means you can keep it up on multiple people for dot debuffs or random aoe.

As for general tips, i work around healing people by cycling cooldowns as there needed. Hand of Sacrifice glyphed is a solid 2 min cooldown for your tank, then you have aura mastery every 3 minutes, wings ofc also on 3 mins and Lay on hands as a real o shit every 5 mins.

Basically maintain sacred shield and spam holy lights or flash of lights to keep peoples healths up, when i feel like i cant maintain it then i use a cooldown to give me time to prop up the health pools again.

You should grab Flash of light glyph as its a nice healing boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using EF and its working out just fine. Sacred shield seemss pretty poor to me, but I've never liked that ability.

having 2-4 EF at all time is a constant hot on tank and second beacon as well..

not sure why people are saying second beacon is not good in five mans, you just have to manage is smartly and its great!

- - - Updated - - -

WTF I"m going like 100% against the advice of this thread with every talent :P

Using DP, EF, and second beacon! With mana not being a concern just CS sometimes when you can be in melee, spam HR at the start of fights for fast HP and put EF up on everyone
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Im actually using beacon on myself and the tank in 5mans, so i can concentrate on the DDs mostly and the Tank in spikes. So far it's working well (all heros done), i never really have to heal myself since the beacon heals up all the damage i take. Unless it's some melee-unfriendly encounter, then i beacon the best melee-dps.

Running EF btw