1. #3561
    On that topic, I feel that my sotr uptime is far too low. Was running HA/DP on blast furnace and I was barely at around 50% uptime with that build. I try to build up to 5 hp when I can but since the damage is pretty constant so I don't do it all the time to be fair, not to mention if I'm not getting GC procs, then I've just got 2 generators available with a downtime in between them. I've seen some logs with ridiculous uptimes like on operator for example and I'm wondering how one can achieve that.
    Last edited by vokey; 2015-03-16 at 01:20 PM.

  2. #3562
    Does anyone has a PoV video for Iron Maidens, specifically doing Sorka?

  3. #3563
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    The RNG is generally really annoying for a Paladin I've found. Having been playing Frost DK since Cataclysm, and warrior prior to that, this whole new proc system where you can go so long without anything is a real mind boggle. Especially during the DragoN Soul tier as a 4 set bonus Frost DK. Those procs were an absolute dream.



    I can't even get my guild to bolster half a raid for Highmaul heroic even on off days, so PBE is very unlikely to come my way any time soon. I'm still suffering with a Vial of Convulsive Shadows equipped because it was still better than the 630 dungeon trinket I was running around with. *Sob*
    VoCS with HA and Seraphim makes for some pretty goddamn big-dick DPS as well - and honestly don't be too upset about using a Str trinket - Str is a much, much better stat for us than people seem to realize.

    Edit: @Donatist - I'm pretty sure Slootbag does Sorka on Iron Maidens, so you should be able to find a VoD or something from his stream of that. Honestly though I feel like having a prot paladin do Sorka at any other point than in the last phase is a waste - the way we did it was have our monk tank Sorka until 20% because he could just roll in and out before Blade Dash so we didn't lose any cleave uptime - and then at 20% we'd swap on Marak and Sorka to cheese Sanguine Strikes and I'd bugger off with Sorka to a corner until Marak died.

  4. #3564
    It's not so much the issue with strength at all, it's the multistrike compared to what other stats I could have equipped.

  5. #3565
    Thanks. Gonna start pulling it next week and looking for any tips or tricks. We have the same tank setup as you so may just do it like you said. What does rolling accomplish though? reducing the movement of the tornado? I imagine tanking Marak you dont wanna soak every blood ritual tho? I think most prot pallies have posted going Sera/HA for the 20% burn. Any tips advice appreciated.

  6. #3566
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatist View Post
    Thanks. Gonna start pulling it next week and looking for any tips or tricks. We have the same tank setup as you so may just do it like you said. What does rolling accomplish though? reducing the movement of the tornado? I imagine tanking Marak you dont wanna soak every blood ritual tho? I think most prot pallies have posted going Sera/HA for the 20% burn. Any tips advice appreciated.
    Currently progressing on this boss myself (on HC)

    I soak every blood ritual, if people in the raid can drop it themselves using a CD they do that, otherwise i just use SOTR and it doesn't hurt too much. Sera/HA/trinket/2nd BA pot for the burn, then rotate in other CDs and externals if you don't have a monk and consequently are taking marak's burn phase. Having a disc priest makes that easier.

    Question along these lines to the others, do you burn marak or Ga'ran first?

    We've been doing marak first, just makes sense to me as the turrets are dealable, whereas the marak dmg is just gonna get worse, couple of the other raid members think we should do ga'ran first.

  7. #3567
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatist View Post
    Thanks. Gonna start pulling it next week and looking for any tips or tricks. We have the same tank setup as you so may just do it like you said. What does rolling accomplish though? reducing the movement of the tornado? I imagine tanking Marak you dont wanna soak every blood ritual tho? I think most prot pallies have posted going Sera/HA for the 20% burn. Any tips advice appreciated.
    I think basically any talent setup is viable on Maidens - I've played both Sera/DP and EmpS/DP, and while I can see the argument for Sera/HA if you're tanking Marak sub-20%, you never should with a monk tank in your raid. You have the Monk roll Sorka back and forth for Blade Dash casts so you bait Blade Dash on your person of choice, then roll her back in for cleave - since the tornado path is determined by the relative positioning of the tank and the person with the first debuff, you never want Sorka anywhere close to melee when she casts it.

    Also, we didn't soak a single Blood Ritual with tanks, ever. A disc preshield and an external or a personal lets the affected DPS eat it alone - both spells will target players with the Mythic debuff preferentially, so you simply have the first person in each phase between boats stand in a pre-determined spot and solo-soak the Blood Ritual with an external and disc shields.

    Edit: @Fooicus - burning Marak first is essentially mandatory - Gar'an is a complete joke to deal with. IIRC we only ever bother to switch to Dominator turrets in the first place if they're in some completely bullshit place like the middle of the room. Killing Gar'an first is just a crutch for bad raid awareness, honestly - tell your raiders to go play some Touhou before Maidens or something if they have so much trouble dodging it.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-03-16 at 01:49 PM.

  8. #3568
    On heroic we used to burn Ga'ran first because the Marak damage was so negligible. Now we burn Marak first to prepare for mythic and like Praise said ignore or have ranged burn turrets spawns that suck ass. We try not to have more than 2-3 turrets active at once either but usually marak is dead before the third turret on heroic.

  9. #3569
    Alright cheers chaps, nice to see we're doing the burn the right way, fingers crossed we get it down tonight

  10. #3570
    There's a strat that involves cheesing the sub-20%. Leave Garan for the third boat, get all bosses close to 20% and wait for third boat. As soon as Garan goes up, the boat crew goes with her and everyone else lust and burns Marak. The only thing you have to worry about is Sanguine Strikes, just stack externals on the tank and it's all good.

  11. #3571
    I’ve changed to Empowered seals and I am loving it since I can hit 50% haste, the SHotR uptime is massive and now I am bit curious about Holy prism, since I’ve seen slootbag switch to it. I’ve done some snooping around and I haven’t been able to find someone that says holy prism is good. Thing is, alot people seem to be holding on to seraphim. With Empowered seals along side the fact that Holy avenger is practically gone since the emp. seals switch I have alot more freedom on my rotation and as such, I can maybe see the value in holy prism as I seem to be able to fit it in on cd without sacrificing any Ho Po Gainers.
    My question is this, Should I make the switch to Prism alongside Seals or stick with Light’s Hammer / ES? Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Shizzy; 2015-03-16 at 05:11 PM.
    "When I'm Sad, I Stop Being Sad And Be Awesome Instead."

  12. #3572
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saboya View Post
    There's a strat that involves cheesing the sub-20%. Leave Garan for the third boat, get all bosses close to 20% and wait for third boat. As soon as Garan goes up, the boat crew goes with her and everyone else lust and burns Marak. The only thing you have to worry about is Sanguine Strikes, just stack externals on the tank and it's all good.
    Said strat is completely retarded and has absolutely no benefit associated with it since it actually makes the Marak burn LONGER when you're missing the 6-man boat crew and you have to move for the bomb patterns - it's the definition of a "we're too shit to dodge turrets so lets cheese them" strat.

  13. #3573
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Said strat is completely retarded and has absolutely no benefit associated with it since it actually makes the Marak burn LONGER when you're missing the 6-man boat crew and you have to move for the bomb patterns - it's the definition of a "we're too shit to dodge turrets so lets cheese them" strat.
    It has benefits since you don't have dodoge rapid fire, penetrating shots (HoPs not always available) and turrets, Sanguine Strikes easily handled by externals / tank CDs, Marak still dies extremely quick since bombs take a while before they start dropping. Not saying it's the best tactic, but completely viable.

  14. #3574
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzy View Post
    I’ve changed to Empowered seals and I am loving it since I can hit 50% haste, the SHotR uptime is massive and now I am bit curious about Holy prism, since I’ve seen slootbag switch to it. I’ve done some snooping around and I haven’t been able to find someone that says holy prism is good. Thing is, alot people seem to be holding on to seraphim. With Empowered seals along side the fact that Holy avenger is practically gone since the emp. seals switch I have alot more freedom on my rotation and as such, I can maybe see the value in holy prism as I seem to be able to fit it in on cd without sacrificing any Ho Po Gainers.
    My question is this, Should I make the switch to Prism alongside Seals or stick with Light’s Hammer / ES? Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?
    Personally I like prisim as a 20second heal that cost 0 HP. Its also great for snap aggro on adds like blast furnace.

  15. #3575
    Tried out HA tonight for Blast Furnace, really liking it and definitely notice that I'm not missing Sanctified Wrath in terms of HoPo generation. Sooo many GC procs tonight, so many. Had 575 GC procs over the course of 20 pulls.

  16. #3576
    Deleted
    Using seraphim I often run into these weird moments were I'm sitting at 5 holy power but there is not enough time left to squeeze in another SotR.
    What's best to do in these situations? The available choices seem to be
    a.) pushing cs or judgement regardless and wasting holy power (which doesn't sound like a good idea)
    b.) using SotR anyway and losing uptime on seraphim
    c.) refreshing SS even though it was refreshed recently
    d.) favouring whatever isn't a hp-generator.

    The most obvious choice seems to be d, just want to be sure I'm doing things the right way.

  17. #3577
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    since the tornado path is determined by the relative positioning of the tank and the person with the first debuff
    Just chiming in to "correct" this, in case someones needs to actually know : The tornado path is tank -> player with debuff -> sorka's position when she starts casting it. If someones here happens to tank sorka, start moving before she starts casting to avoid tornados in melee
    And we're doing Marak -> Sorka -> Garan during the last phase. (and switching to the first 3 turrets iirc)

  18. #3578
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrenapwnd View Post
    Using seraphim I often run into these weird moments were I'm sitting at 5 holy power but there is not enough time left to squeeze in another SotR.
    What's best to do in these situations? The available choices seem to be
    a.) pushing cs or judgement regardless and wasting holy power (which doesn't sound like a good idea)
    b.) using SotR anyway and losing uptime on seraphim
    c.) refreshing SS even though it was refreshed recently
    d.) favouring whatever isn't a hp-generator.

    The most obvious choice seems to be d, just want to be sure I'm doing things the right way.
    There is no hard and fast answer. Basically it would be:

    1. Don't do this unless literally every other spell is on cd and SS is 25+ seconds.
    2. Do this if you are ~2-3 seconds off of Seraphim and hopefully can get an Avengers proc and still make the timer.
    3. Do this if SS is close to 15 second refresh cap despite being refreshed recently (let's say 15-20 seconds on shield)
    4. Do this in any other situation.

  19. #3579
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Edit: @Fooicus - burning Marak first is essentially mandatory - Gar'an is a complete joke to deal with. IIRC we only ever bother to switch to Dominator turrets in the first place if they're in some completely bullshit place like the middle of the room. Killing Gar'an first is just a crutch for bad raid awareness, honestly - tell your raiders to go play some Touhou before Maidens or something if they have so much trouble dodging it.
    Got it down tonight, cheers for the help

    off topic:I noticed your a med student? in the uk or elsewhere? If in the UK and you ever need any help/advice just holler (if elsewhere holler anyway, just help may be less relevant), FY2 doctor here, starting my GP training in Aug :P

  20. #3580
    Trinket re-sim, with +5 ilvl to all BRF items and to the 4/4 Knight's Badge. Also including an ilvl 685 Stone of Fire.

    Trinkets with DP_HS



    Trinkets with HA_Sera


    Trinkets with DP_EmpS
    Last edited by Theck; 2015-03-17 at 12:24 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •