Quote Originally Posted by Lyxe View Post
    SS has two separate buffs that are placed on you, the 6-sec absorb itself and the 30-sec buff that procs the shields. The 28 casts (98% uptime) is the one you cast, the 110 casts (33% uptime) is the 6-sec absorb shield.
    Alright I figured it might've been that, but since I've never actually noticed it (Probably too focused on the bigger uptime picture than a general notice of there being 2 uptimes for it).

Are there any fights in HFC where we will be able to bubble off stacks or remove debuffs to help healers out? There are always certain fights where we can use bubble to "cheese" mechanics and I'm wondering if any people that have done PTR testing know about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasezi View Post
    Are there any fights in HFC where we will be able to bubble off stacks or remove debuffs to help healers out? There are always certain fights where we can use bubble to "cheese" mechanics and I'm wondering if any people that have done PTR testing know about this.
    Theres this minor glyph, where your hearthstone is half duration - so you can bubble hearth and relog to your other tank and kill bosses?

More seriously though, you can bubble on Iron Reaver artillery, Kormrok you should be able to bubble whilst in a grasping hand taking damage, I dont know whether you can drop blood boil stacks or not on the High Council, I don't know about anything else, maybe bubble on the mannoroth slices? and probably with the high stacks of the dot on you.

There is enough that you should be able to bubble off and cheese, but nothing game changing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Meanwhile I never used simc in my life before and never will.
    Stack whatever feels best for dps/ranking right?
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-06-22 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astur View Post
    Theres this minor glyph, where your hearthstone is half duration - so you can bubble hearth and relog to your other tank and kill bosses?

More seriously though, you can bubble on Iron Reaver artillery, Kormrok you should be able to bubble whilst in a grasping hand taking damage, I dont know whether you can drop blood boil stacks or not on the High Council, I don't know about anything else, maybe bubble on the mannoroth slices? and probably with the high stacks of the dot on you.

There is enough that you should be able to bubble off and cheese, but nothing game changing imo.
    Bolding mine - this does not work. Kormrok's tank ability silences you (which does not seem purgeable), and furthermore, even though the ability does physical damage, it does damage straight through any externally acquired BoPs. The only way to cheese it AFAIK is to apply the BoP right before he casts, but from what testing we got done, that simply caused him to cast it on the second-highest threat target instead.

In short, Kormrok is PUCK FALADINS 2: DISREGARD BoP, ACQUIRE BOOGALOO.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-06-22 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    Good gawd, I've never seen the full strip of that comic, Jackielope.
    Ayup, that's how it goes. Surprised me too the first time I searched for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

With the knowledge that Mythic tier headpiece and shoulders will remain BiS through progress in HFC, I'm a little sad that my guild is unlikely to go back to Mythic BRF for the forseeable future unless it's on an absolute off night. Managed to get the shoulders yesterday, but still lacking the headpiece, wouldn't mind an extra kill on Kromog for the chance :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    With the knowledge that Mythic tier headpiece and shoulders will remain BiS through progress in HFC, I'm a little sad that my guild is unlikely to go back to Mythic BRF for the forseeable future unless it's on an absolute off night. Managed to get the shoulders yesterday, but still lacking the headpiece, wouldn't mind an extra kill on Kromog for the chance :/
    I wouldn't be certain it remains BiS. It's a very strong option for progress, but I'm not going to go so far as to say that it's the absolute BiS available in T18.

So im not jumping on the "omg paladin sucks wagon" but im a heroic raiding paladin, and my guild currently uses 2 paladin tanks for content. Im taking the chance of a new patch to reroll to give us more diversity. I have a monk/paladin/dk/bear all at 100, generally geared (670~ level) and i enjoy tanking on all of them. Any suggestions on what "omg ur missing **** class as a tank?" and i should reroll into? im looking at bear/monk but not 100% sold on either one right now. any input would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I wouldn't be certain it remains BiS. It's a very strong option for progress, but I'm not going to go so far as to say that it's the absolute BiS available in T18.
    Well regardless, as you state yourself it's strong for progress, so a shame not to have it available. At least I'll still have the heroic version so I'm not losing the set bonus by any means by dropping off items, just you want to be fully prepared going into a new raid and all.

Speaking of which, having watched Fatboss videos cause it's pretty much the only course of action for a non PTR raid tester to have a slight idea of what we're going into, outside of Shadow-lord Iskar, will there be any individually reliant fights in HFC on par with the need for individual performance like on Hans & Franz and Thogar? Or is Iskar the only real fight that has any sort of element where it's not a redeemable pull if the individuals can't get a grasp of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisson View Post
    So im not jumping on the "omg paladin sucks wagon" but im a heroic raiding paladin, and my guild currently uses 2 paladin tanks for content. Im taking the chance of a new patch to reroll to give us more diversity. I have a monk/paladin/dk/bear all at 100, generally geared (670~ level) and i enjoy tanking on all of them. Any suggestions on what "omg ur missing **** class as a tank?" and i should reroll into? im looking at bear/monk but not 100% sold on either one right now. any input would be nice
    Both are good. Bears are fucking boring though.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Both are good. Bears are fucking boring though.
    agree to that notion, but its still a tank and very viable... and by what everyone is saying, is a nice change from paladin....

To be honest considering where PPal are going, we're going to be much more dull to play than Bears. So if you want to switch, they're a very nice option.

I did all our last raid running Holy Shield, because I couldn't be arsed doing this fucking raid again. It was nice having a "smooth" damage intake compared to the usual "Hey you have 702 ilvl but you can still get instagibbed by Kromogg with 2 armor debuffs" and not having to worry about anything ('surprisingly' the raid goes much quicker when watching a movie on the other screen and spamming 2345 mindlessly), but there's no way in hell I'm playing fucking HS or EmpS for a whole tier.

You hit like a wet noodle and have the rotation of an Arms warrior.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Deleted
    Looking through all the class changes for 6.2 then lol'ing at the paladin changes

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/185...2-2015#paladin

Good guy Blizzard - Makes prot trinket op, but also make it not trigger combat log, so that other classes can't complain based on WCL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Bolding mine - this does not work. Kormrok's tank ability silences you (which does not seem purgeable), and furthermore, even though the ability does physical damage, it does damage straight through any externally acquired BoPs. The only way to cheese it AFAIK is to apply the BoP right before he casts, but from what testing we got done, that simply caused him to cast it on the second-highest threat target instead.

In short, Kormrok is PUCK FALADINS 2: DISREGARD BoP, ACQUIRE BOOGALOO.
    Hmm interesting, I'm sure I could Zen med and chain Guards in it.... they did test the boss twice though so maybe I forgot whether they changed things or not.

Deleted
    I'm a bit confused about the trinkets we will be able to have...

If we only take the survival part of them and obviously for progress, how would you rank them ?
    By now I'm more into WUE and Anzu ones, but I can't figure if the class trinket will be a go to or not...

Does anyone managed to sim something about that ?

Thanks a lot

Deleted
    Don't worry guys, according to Reddit, Paladin tanks are amazing right now! A really good Paladin is on par with any other tank, who are worse at their class than the Paladin is at his. Provided you can "Keep up SS at 100% and SotR at 60%, which isn't something for the weak of heart."

Oh Reddit...

Deleted
    Yea paladins are so good even me and astur are rerolling.
    Well duh, Mythic raiders seek the hardest challenge. of course we'd play the weakest tanks and roll away from the stronger ones.

Yea paladins are so good even me and astur are rerolling.
    Pardon me if it was said already, but what did you plan on rerolling to, Lazel?