Deleted
    thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    One interesting thing to say: it calculates the absorb AFTER the hit is taken. Meaning if you're at 100% HP, take a hit that puts you to 10%, you get close to maximum absorb (verified by getting hit by a 2nd Massive Blast on Mannoroth with the debuff yesterday ~800k hit, ~140k absorb from the Eye).
    Obviously I got a little happy in my special place when I read this, but a couple of questions:
    This is actually happening based on net damage taken, not base unmitigated damage incoming? (I think is a stupid question, just wanted to make sure)
    Does that mean if a hit would kill me but the max absorb would knock off enough to save me I survive? ie. I'm at 200k hp, which for the sake of argument would give me 12% DR from WUE, and I get take 230k damage, I survive because I get 41k absorbed (18% from being at 0% hp), or I die before it calculates?

I know that's quite a specific example, just interested though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Bear in mind when referring to this BiS list that many of the items on it are simply better for other classes and specs than for you. If you can craft 3 pieces of 715 Haste/Mastery gear (I personally went for belt, legs and boots), then those are effectively BiS until very late into Mythic HFC - the boots arguably until Mythic Archimonde is dead.

It is also a very mastery-focused list, which is not necessarily ideal on every fight. I'll put together a haste-focused BiS list shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganewate View Post
    Obviously I got a little happy in my special place when I read this, but a couple of questions:
    This is actually happening based on net damage taken, not base unmitigated damage incoming? (I think is a stupid question, just wanted to make sure)
    Does that mean if a hit would kill me but the max absorb would knock off enough to save me I survive? ie. I'm at 200k hp, which for the sake of argument would give me 12% DR from WUE, and I get take 230k damage, I survive because I get 41k absorbed (18% from being at 0% hp), or I die before it calculates?

I know that's quite a specific example, just interested though.
    The %reduction is based on how much HP you would be if you didn't have the trinket equipped, it seems.

If my graph is correct (I believe it is since, guess what, the curve passes the 50% Health spot at 50% of 18% Absorb, which is the max reduction of Heroic WUE), it means:

The damage reduced is the damage taken after Blocks (not after other absorbs I believe). Meaning if you get hit for 100k and that takes you to 50% hp, you'll have 9% reduction of 100k damage. Now that hit will have an absorb of 9000 (9% of 100k) . Meaning the hit will effectively damage you for 91k. You can actually see in warcraftlogs the absorb from WUE actually taking place before the hit lands.

So in your case, you wouldn't die. In theory that'd mean, say a hit would kill you with an overkill of 10k damage, if 9,999 are absorbed by the 18% reduction of the WUE, you wouldn't die and live with 1hp.

Edit : example log for WUE, in French because people log in French in my guild ... I'm gonna get into logging myself so I have the same version as the version of the game I'm using... annoying for bosses' abilities

In events happening order:

00:00:39.063 Kòrt's Oeil mort de Kilrogg absorbs 7602 damage of Velhari la Despote's Melee on Kòrt <---- trinket
    00:00:39.063 Velhari la Despote Melee Kòrt 109997 (A: 7602) (B: 62185)
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2015-07-03 at 03:02 PM.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Anxiously awaiting SimC updates, since I'm a dirty paladin that still mostly plays Seraphim ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    I've only used it for Zakuun, otherwise it's been Holy Shield all the way through anyway.
    I also use it on Kilrogg, cause I tank the boss and melees are really the only threat to me on that fight. And Kormrok, same reason. Yeah, there's the crushing hand, but you can just cooldown that for the ~10-20 seconds it's up, and the rest of the time (especially after he Enrages), it's mainly his melee swings that I'm worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    If some of you are interested, I did a quick and dirty graph of my WUE's absorb yesterday. Pulled about 15 numbers...
    God, you have no idea how happy I am to see some graphs and charts in here. Let's get back to doing some theorycrafting!
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

I've only used it for Zakuun, otherwise it's been Holy Shield all the way through anyway.
    I used it for Tyrant one week and sat at 92% SOTR uptime. Aside from that yeah, Holy Shield is disgustingly powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhimzicalOne View Post
    I used it for Tyrant one week and sat at 92% SOTR uptime. Aside from that yeah, Holy Shield is disgustingly powerful.
    I wanna see this log, you have a link?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    I mean, good DP RNG is good DP RNG. It's far from unexpected to see that sort of SotR uptime with EmpS - that just doesn't matter much if you're getting fucking slain by magical damage or outside of SotR coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Haste gives more control over your gameplay than mastery does which is more effective but considering there are already many haste pieces which you can't avoid you are already going to get absurd amount of haste which is why I am advicing to stack mastery
    I've tried Lazel, but too much mastery and everything feels so slow. i'm waiting for buttons to come back up. I guess this is why Haste is so major in our gear choices.
    there has to be a middle ground here. i need the speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    private logging because progression, but

http://imgur.com/a/L98Uo

5 minute kill

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhimzicalOne View Post
    private logging because progression, but

http://imgur.com/a/L98Uo

5 minute kill
    Nice. This is why I've been saying, don't write off Empowered Seals just yet. Unless a magic damage mechanic is a serious issue (Gorefiend, Xhul'horac, and Archimonde are the only things that come to mind), that kind of coverage is just so good for physical smoothing. Yeah, you had 40 Divine Purpose procs, but I'd still take an 85% uptime too (where my Velhari kill with Holy Shield was 61%).

Why Haste enchant though? Surely that does absolutely nothing if you're properly capped at 1715.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Paladin feels just fine atm in Mythic. 2 Set + WuE is pretty strong with Holy Shield though
    From the few pally's I've seen with mythic progression, they're running 2pc/2pc. As this tier will be my first time doing mythic I only have the Heroic 2pc from BRF. Should I hold onto that or get off pieces as I doubt my guild would be willing to run mythic BRF just for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulstrum View Post
    From the few pally's I've seen with mythic progression, they're running 2pc/2pc. As this tier will be my first time doing mythic I only have the Heroic 2pc from BRF. Should I hold onto that or get off pieces as I doubt my guild would be willing to run mythic BRF just for me.
    I obviously can't speak for everyone, but a lot of us are running 2pc/2pc because it's what we could get. There are a lot of good DPS 4-sets on Conq.

You still want to pick up 4-set at some point down the line, but 2-set/2-set is perfectly reasonable to keep around until literally every Conq DPS in your raid has Mythic 4-set. What's far more important is getting your hands on a class trinket, unless they nerf it. I'll write a more detailed post on why it's so fucking good in a lot of situations (detailing the exact situations in which it shines on the specific fights where I like it the most) once I've had another reset of testing it - I can personally say that I used it to massive success on both Mythic HFA and Mythic Loot Reaver this week, and will likely also use it on Kormrok and High Council, despite initially using a Stam trinket in its stead on both fights on our first few pulls of each boss.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    What's far more important is getting your hands on a class trinket, unless they nerf it. I'll write a more detailed post on why it's so fucking good in a lot of situations (detailing the exact situations in which it shines on the specific fights where I like it the most) once I've had another reset of testing it - I can personally say that I used it to massive success on both Mythic HFA and Mythic Loot Reaver this week, and will likely also use it on Kormrok and High Council, despite initially using a Stam trinket in its stead on both fights on our first few pulls of each boss.
    I assume you'd replace Anzu's Cursed Plume with the class trinket right? Is it worthwhile getting the normal version and keeping a hold of that over a heroic WUE / ACP combo?

Deleted
    I assume you'd replace Anzu's Cursed Plume with the class trinket right? Is it worthwhile getting the normal version and keeping a hold of that over a heroic WUE / ACP combo?
    No, you'd run ACP/LoV on most fights, with WUE replacing LoV on a few outliers.

And yes, it absolutely is worth using a normal LoV over HC WUE on most fights.

Does our class trinket show up in the combat log yet? Cause I won't use it if it doesn't. I'm a whore and my numbers are too important to me.

How much Ilvl gain makes it worth breaking up by BRF heroic 4 set? I haven't had any luck on new tier but have some new pieces sitting in inventory from normal. I did pick up WuE. , Dont plan on seeing any tier past gorefiend for several weeks unless I pug.

Deleted
    Anyone noticed a bug with Mannoroth's empowered blast?

took the blast and died 0.23 seconds later whilst in mid air from an apparent purple wave in the final phase :S