Great reply. I'm just curious what Judgement macro you got?

Quote Originally Posted by artog View Post
    So, I've been reading the "hot debate" about stats and gemming and it got me confused.

I just sim'ed my char and it gives me these scale factors:

As gems are 35/50 stam or 35/50 mastery/crit, wouldn't stam be better?
    never gem stam ever not ever no nope never nope no no no nah

No but really stam is aids. Many aids. It gives no defensive besides having enough hp to not get 1 shot which then defensive stats provide total dmg reduc.

At - arcane torrent (belf racial)

The judge macro will have AT key bound with judge (I assume?)
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Ahh and it gives 1 HP, I see. God damn racials, time to faction change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    arcane torrent > sol> jud > ha > cs (and pray for AS proc) > sera > as if procs / jud if doesnt > cs > as if procs > bla bla
    Yeah exactly like that. My Judgment macro is the following:

#showtooltip Judgment
    /use [nocombat,mod:shift,exists,harm] Draenic Armor Potion
    /use [nocombat,mod:shift,exists,harm] Arcane Torrent
    /cast Judgment
    /startattack

Replace shift with alt, ctrl or remove it altogether; I just have it that way because without a modifier it will pop those even on trash (and whatever else I do as prot out in the world).

Also, some other good macros if people are interested:

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura Righteous Fury
    /cast Righteous Fury

(Single click casts Righteous Fury, double-click removes it, useful when DPSing during shield on Koragh, and when not actively tanking on Butcher against some tanks that you overaggro from otherwise)

#showtooltip Divine Shield
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cast Divine Shield
    /cast Reckoning

(Single click casts Bubble + Taunt, so the boss stays on you for 2 seconds, double-click removes bubble, single click also removes BoP)
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2015-01-08 at 03:21 PM.

Probably a silly question - I've seen almost everyone gemming crit instead of mastery. Could you explain that for me? (Aside that I know already that Lazel believes that crit is way to go). Thanks in advance.

more AS procs.

Been spoken about many times in this thread
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

I guess I got confused in the discussion where Lazel was backing up crit gearing stratedy and other people being against it. So is crit "better" way of gearing/gemming instead of mastery now?

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    @artog: Stamina only ranks that high on TMI. It has no value for mitigation, and is not something we want to stack. Either mastery or crit is what you should be going for. There's a reason no paladin worth his weight is gemming stamina.
    Ah yes, the old "TDR matters" myth. Unfortunately, that's still just as fictional as it was last expansion.

TMI measures smoothness of damage, it's a far more direct measure of survivability than total damage reduction.

The reason no paladin worth his weight is gemming stam is not because of TDR. It's because (1) it provides no DPS, whereas stats like BA, mastery, etc. do, and (2) the value of stamina drops dramatically as you gear up.

If you sim a character in normal/heroic gear against a T17M boss, you'll get a very high value for stamina. Sim against a T17H boss though, and you'll get a much lower value. Sim against a T17N boss and it'll probably be your worst stat.

In other words, stamina is hugely valuable if you're going in very undergeared for a boss. However, natural gear upgrades tend to take care of that, such that by the time you're pulling a new boss you probably already have enough stamina to push it's value down to the point that you'd prefer stats that pull double duty. But if you're attempting mythic bosses in a mix of normal/heroic gear, then stamina probably is the stat that would give you the most survivability.

Also note that the T17N/H/M bosses in SimC aren't all that well aligned to the highmaul bosses. The T17M probably hits harder than anything in highmaul does, for example. They're just benchmarks for determining how stats hold up.

Ya crit's been better since begining but people were being stubborn.

Not only gc procs but soi & SS can crit which makes it even better for survival compared to mastery
    Because you ALWAYS play in SoI lol
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Why would you go SoI on kargath stands?? That's A massive SoR hard on! What healer goes up with you?

Same on butcher,I never leave SoT. Infact brack was the only mythic boss ive gone SoI
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Wait, I'm confused. Should we be taking Seal of Truth or Seal of Insight? I've been running Insight mostly.

Stay in SoI unless you know the class inside out and care about dps a bit more than it's healthy to :P

Well I would like to think I know pally tanking pretty well, just not sure if I should be running Truth or Insight. I can't even remember how much Insight heals for me right now

Try out Truth , you can always switch to Insight mid combat if you notice that your healers can't keep up.

Yeah I'm gonna try that. I mean if heals are fine without me using Insight, using Truth for more DPS helps with damage taken overall since things would die faster, right?

because we dont send healer up
    Neither do we, I still SoR it up.
    Plus if anything LoH + Lock cookies = gg.

For me, Truth is about a 10% increase to my total dps (it will be a greater increase if your ability usage isn't spot on). Insight is about a 40% increase to my self healing. I run truth most of the time, but there are a few fights where I switch to insight (most of Brackenspore, Twins during Whirlwind, Imperator and Kor'agh during adds).

In general, whenever you see yourself being spiky (and thus forcing healers to use stuff like Flash Heal on you), you should be running insight. The same goes for when the raid as a whole is taking a bunch of damage, even if you're not being spiked; alleviating the burden of the healers and allowing them to focus -solely- on the raid instead of you will lead to a better success rate overall, imo.

PS: Don't use lock cookies. Healing Tonics hit 50% harder and share the same cooldown.

Deleted
    MFW we kill Mythic Butcher on the pull where I get no Eidolon or GC procs and do 26k rather than all the other pulls where I was doing 33k

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    MFW we kill Mythic Butcher on the pull where I get no Eidolon or GC procs and do 26k rather than all the other pulls where I was doing 33k
    Oh snap, did you lose to your co-tank ? xD