10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed how my penis wasn't given an honourable mention.

Just did proving grounds for the first time in a long time, had Endless 20 but I heard it got harder as ilvl went up due to bad scaling. Did that when I was in less gear. Am now in 665. Got to wave 52, turned to watch a Starcraft game and died. Then I realised that I'd spent an hour of my life doing that bullshit. What the fuck man. Why did I bother...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Anyone got an idea why the heck Divine Shield isn't blocking the damage from Crippling Suplex?

See logs for info:
    /Kqx9Mf3HXD2y1BTg/#fight=17&view=execution&source=2&eventstart=8784739

Can't post link yet...

Because Blizzard doesn't want you to be able to do that. It's an obvious way to ignore the ability.

I second Exorsus Raid Tools. The only thing I don't like is that it fills the bar with the CD running (active) before it shows the time left.
    Last edited by Ulrik; 2015-03-08 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanodal View Post
    Anyone got an idea why the heck Divine Shield isn't blocking the damage from Crippling Suplex?

See logs for info:
    /Kqx9Mf3HXD2y1BTg/#fight=17&view=execution&source=2&eventstart=8784739

Can't post link yet...
    Although tooltip doesn't say it. According to wowhead : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=156938/...ex#used-by-npc

You can see in the flags that it is unaffected by invulnerability

So I got access to Pol's Mythic and BFD HC today. Currently running with EAE Mythic and TTT HC (and Pillar Mythic, on the bosses that require it). Which should I run with? inb4 someone directs me to Theck's trinket sims; I've seen them, but they're all for mythic, and half of my trinkets are from HC...

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    People have to stop sucking his dick. He does nothing in this thread but shitpost and flame everyone, and brag about his numbers. It's also the reason he's on ignore; he has nothing useful to say, and doesn't answer people's questions/discussion without being condescending. If anything he's putting off new people who would like to come here and discuss things.
    Blatant homophobia aside, I said "almost always". The fact that you scan a conversation which has lasted for the last 6 months (if not more) and come up with 3 examples (well, 2 and one reply of mine) is almost in defense of my point and not yours.

Whether Lazel puts people off is a valid topic for discussion, but since you obviously have a vendetta against him (and have made an effort to bring it up at every opportunity) you probably aren't the best one to voice that concern.

I've been pretty open on my view that he communicates ideas badly but is a smart player who gets good results. I don't think that is being overly complimentary or critical, I think it's accurate. Feel free to disagree, that's your prerogative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Depends on your talent choice , I'd prefer mastery passive trinket with empowered seals & holy shield so EAE + TTT. For Seraphim I'd choose BFD + Pol's (untill you get TTT mythic)
    Seconded. To expand on the reasoning, you'll usually be using HA with Sera which wildly inflates the value of on-use trinkets, whereas with HSDP and EmpSDP you have so much raw SotR uptime that static mastery is pretty fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Depends on your talent choice , I'd prefer mastery passive trinket with empowered seals & holy shield so EAE + TTT. For Seraphim I'd choose BFD + Pol's (untill you get TTT mythic)
    Yeah, I'm all about that DPS, so sera all the way. Cheers for a quick answer!

Theck did theorycrafting a few pages ago where he showed that mythic pols > mythic TTT for sera+ HA due to mastery just being over the pure amount of AP we'd get? Or were you more talking about sera+ DP combo for TTT over PBE?

Quote Originally Posted by Theck View Post
    Was discussing trinket combinations with celinamuna earlier today, and he posited that Pol's Blinded Eye may produce more DPS than Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork when paired with HA+Seraphim under ideal conditoins, simply due to the sheer amount of AP stacking we can get by syncing things to HA. Did some testing and it looks like he's right:

Note that I'm using a DPS-focused APL for this (given below), with SoR and such. I'm also syncing potions to HA in order to maximize the interaction. Mark of Blackrock should almost automatically sync with HA since it has a 40-second internal cooldown.

So it looks like we can stack enough AP that PBE's mastery buff wins out during HA. That said, the top average DPS still goes to the BFD+EAE combination that the default profiles use.

Code:
    actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_strength_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=pickled_eel
    actions.precombat+=/blessing_of_kings,if=(!aura.str_agi_int.up)&(aura.mastery.up)
    actions.precombat+=/blessing_of_might,if=!aura.mastery.up
    actions.precombat+=/seal_of_righteousness
    actions.precombat+=/sacred_shield
    # Snapshot raid buffed stats before combat begins and pre-potting is done.
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_armor

actions=auto_attack
    actions+=/speed_of_light,if=movement.remains>1
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/berserking
    actions+=/arcane_torrent
    # Off-GCD spells.
    actions+=/holy_avenger
    actions+=/potion,name=draenic_armor,if=buff.holy_avenger.up|(!talent.holy_avenger.enabled&(buff.seraphim.up|(!talent.seraphim.enabled&buff.bloodlust.react)))|target.time_to_die<=20
    actions+=/seraphim
    actions+=/shield_of_the_righteous,if=buff.divine_purpose.react
    actions+=/shield_of_the_righteous,if=(holy_power>=5|talent.holy_avenger.enabled)&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>5)
    actions+=/shield_of_the_righteous,if=buff.holy_avenger.remains>time_to_hpg&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>time_to_hpg)
    # GCD-bound spells
    actions+=/avengers_shield,if=buff.grand_crusader.react&active_enemies>1&!glyph.focused_shield.enabled
    actions+=/holy_wrath,if=talent.sanctified_wrath.enabled&(buff.seraphim.react|(glyph.final_wrath.enabled&target.health.pct<=20))
    actions+=/hammer_of_the_righteous,if=active_enemies>=3
    actions+=/judgment,if=talent.empowered_seals.enabled&buff.liadrins_righteousness.down
    actions+=/crusader_strike
    actions+=/wait,sec=cooldown.crusader_strike.remains,if=cooldown.crusader_strike.remains>0&cooldown.crusader_strike.remains<=0.35
    actions+=/judgment,cycle_targets=1,if=glyph.double_jeopardy.enabled&last_judgment_target!=target
    actions+=/judgment
    actions+=/wait,sec=cooldown.judgment.remains,if=cooldown.judgment.remains>0&cooldown.judgment.remains<=0.35
    actions+=/avengers_shield,if=active_enemies>1&!glyph.focused_shield.enabled
    actions+=/holy_wrath,if=talent.sanctified_wrath.enabled
    actions+=/avengers_shield,if=buff.grand_crusader.react
    actions+=/execution_sentence,if=active_enemies<3
    actions+=/holy_wrath,if=glyph.final_wrath.enabled&target.health.pct<=20
    actions+=/avengers_shield
    actions+=/seal_of_righteousness,if=talent.empowered_seals.enabled&!seal.righteousness
    actions+=/lights_hammer
    actions+=/holy_prism
    actions+=/consecration,if=target.debuff.flying.down&active_enemies>=3
    actions+=/execution_sentence
    actions+=/hammer_of_wrath
    actions+=/consecration,if=target.debuff.flying.down
    actions+=/holy_wrath
    actions+=/sacred_shield
    actions+=/flash_of_light,if=talent.selfless_healer.enabled&buff.selfless_healer.stack>=3
    Last edited by Candlemaster; 2015-03-09 at 02:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't want you to be able to do that. It's an obvious way to ignore the ability.

I second Exorsus Raid Tools. The only thing I don't like is that it fills the bar with the CD running (active) before it shows the time left.
    It does boggle my mind though. "Hey guys heres divine shield, it makes you immune to everything!, but Uh! It wont work on some things! No we wont tell you when it works or not, wipe your group to check it out yourself ungrateful child!"

They should at least make it do some damage reduction when it doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Candlemaster View Post
    Theck did theorycrafting a few pages ago where he showed that mythic pols > mythic TTT for sera+ HA due to mastery just being over the pure amount of AP we'd get? Or were you more talking about sera+ DP combo for TTT over PBE?
    For me at my gear level (686) mythic wf TTT creates significantly higher bursts and noticeable more overall dps than mythic socketed(haste) Pol's. Simcraft says ~7k higher dps bursts and ~1k more dps overall, with both defensive and offensive APLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoorm View Post
    It does boggle my mind though. "Hey guys heres divine shield, it makes you immune to everything!, but Uh! It wont work on some things! No we wont tell you when it works or not, wipe your group to check it out yourself ungrateful child!"
    If it worked on everything, it would be too powerful and they'd just remove it. Having it work on some things but not others was the compromise that let us keep it in the first place, since it's pretty iconic.

So test it on any mechanic you want to cheese on the first pull and go from there. Just like any other strategic decision you make while refining your strategy.

Not a bad idea, but may have some ramifications regarding our other mitigation cooldowns (i.e. does that give us too many and make us too valuable?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuisKA View Post
    For me at my gear level (686) mythic wf TTT creates significantly higher bursts and noticeable more overall dps than mythic socketed(haste) Pol's. Simcraft says ~7k higher dps bursts and ~1k more dps overall, with both defensive and offensive APLs.
    The entire reason PBE pulls ahead in those sims above is the fact that during Sera+ArmorPot you have more total AP with the PBE proc than the TTT proc. And I had to make tweaks to the APL to try to maximize that overlap to get those results. Under conditions that are less controlled (and/or with different gear), I can believe TTT coming out ahead.

Deleted
    Any suggestions for talent and glyph choices on Iron Maidens Mythic? Or just any general tips & tricks?

I'm tanking Sorka on the main platform all the time (not going to the boat) and dealing with tornadoes and blood rituals.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc8f165baf7a; 2015-03-09 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviny View Post
    Any suggestions for talent and glyph choices on Iron Maidens Mythic? Or just any general tips & tricks? Thanks.
    Which one are you tanking?

Deleted
    If you're not tanking ships and Marak in the last phase, realistically, you can go with more or less whatever you want. Considering that Brewmaster Monk is basically a fucking hero class at this point and can completely negate the existence of Sanguine Strikes with the help of a single Disc priest, you really shouldn't be tanking boats (Touch of Death ) or Marak (Guard and EB ) if you can in any way avoid it, but if you've got PBE then Sera/HA is probably going to come out top for DPS and since you're not tanking Marak or boats, tank damage is pretty trivial in the first place anyway.

Edit: Also, you don't have to "deal" with Blood Rituals - you can simply pre-shield and use externals on the target of Heartseeker. Having a tank soak it is simply completely unnecessary tank damage.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-03-09 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astur View Post
    Which one are you tanking?
    Edited my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemaster View Post
    Hrm, must've forgotten about those. The Sims I were referring to were the ones below (apologize for stupid links, apparently I'm a security risk), where there isn't a clear winner (at least in my opinion, some are a bit better for DPS, others are a bit better for TMI).

puu(dot)sh/gtdPW/90a403c35b(dot)png
    puu(dot)sh/gte0T/5d6bad2561(dot)png

I actually ended up simming all the configurations; with my gear the DPS was basically the same (within 1k of each other), with BFD + PBE ~3k TMI ahead of the second best (EAE + PBE, IIRC).

Also, to clarify, this is all for Sera/HA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviny View Post
    Edited my post.
    Well first things first, you can dodge / parry the blade dash which prevents the application of the debuff, you can also block it - but still recieve the debuff. I started with Seraphim, but due to not being able to cover every blade dash with it and Sorka spending an eternity running away from you during the fight, I switched to Holy Shield for ease and to smoothen damage taken in general. Probably not the best choice for DPS but I felt very stable throughout the fight. I could see an argument for Emp Seals, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you love using it.

You take about twice as much damage as the Marak tank before the execute phase and then as she gains stacks she hits pretty hard in execute, so just roll CDs there.

I can see why it doesn't but on an even more related note, lets talk about hand of freedom. This is our main "hey lets get back to moving normal speeds" but it doesnt work for many pve mechanics. I realize that if it did work for everything than no movement impairing ability would ever be a real threat unless it was constantly spammed, however, it still feels rather silly. I wish theyd change it so if a paladin freedom'd themselves (or at least for prot) it would always work. Theres normal mobs in the open world that it doesn't work even, the inconsistency of this ability kills me.