Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimosphobos View Post
    Got a question for 25h lei shein, I usually do everything as destro because well that's what play lol, generally have no problems on anything, now last time I attempted him I was only 870,I'm now 895 so it may not be a big deal, but how does one deal with the overwhelming amount adds after intermission?? I keep the void on him and immolate up and cycle conflag and portals , I stay close so at least my fnb Incin and rof are hitting him but I get completely overwhelmed by adds!! Again this was at 870, and I just did this last night on 10h and it was no problem...but Jesus on 25h it was too much!!! Hell even animus on 25h was easier lol...if the answer is affliction I just leveled weapon today to 36 points and put some 865 relics in it...I felt affliction was gonna be the solo king in legion and I'm cool with that...destro is just my spec since 07
    I assume you mean the adds from bouncing bolt? So long as you spec F&B and make an attempt to disperse the orbs as the fight goes on it shouldn't be too hard to manage. Pretty sure I did it earlier in the expansion and had no issue so long as I overloaded bouncing bolt first and tried to absorb the bounces throughout the fight. Haven't done it in a while but I imagine afflic would make the fight super trivial with add chain explosions.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Hello everyone,
    I would light some enlightment on soloing as a warlock. I don't have much time to play, and I won't be able to upgrade all my artifact weapons. I will do a little raiding with my guild and, as I have missed Warlord of Draenor, I would like to be able to do those raids solo.
    My question is, if I have to focus on one spe, for thoses activities, is affliction really the most interesting as it seems to be? Or do I better focus on another one, destro for exemple, seeing the changes to come in patch 7.2.5?
    Thank you for your advice and have a good day!
    (if I made english mistakes, please point them to me, it's not my native language and I'm always eager to learn )

Affliction has the upside that it has amazing self healing since it is built into your rotation, which makes it so on many fights you can face tank without micromanaging a voidwalker/infernal, or easily heal back up without having to weave a heal into your rotation on tougher fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tithenernil View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I would light some enlightment on soloing as a warlock. I don't have much time to play, and I won't be able to upgrade all my artifact weapons. I will do a little raiding with my guild and, as I have missed Warlord of Draenor, I would like to be able to do those raids solo.
    My question is, if I have to focus on one spe, for thoses activities, is affliction really the most interesting as it seems to be? Or do I better focus on another one, destro for exemple, seeing the changes to come in patch 7.2.5?
    Thank you for your advice and have a good day!
    (if I made english mistakes, please point them to me, it's not my native language and I'm always eager to learn )
    As jaymzkerten said, the great thing about Affliction for soloing is that you passively heal whilst doing your normal rotation as well as the spec having great damage. So if you had to choose a spec to focus on I'd definitely go with that. I've toyed around with Destro a few times, but with aggro issues and lack of self-healing outside of Drain Life it's not too efficient for harder raids.

One thing I would say about the WoD raids, is that gear is a very strong factor. Some fights, especially on mythic, are very difficult without good gear, but ofc you won't know your own limits until you try

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I assume you mean the adds from bouncing bolt? So long as you spec F&B and make an attempt to disperse the orbs as the fight goes on it shouldn't be too hard to manage. Pretty sure I did it earlier in the expansion and had no issue so long as I overloaded bouncing bolt first and tried to absorb the bounces throughout the fight. Haven't done it in a while but I imagine afflic would make the fight super trivial with add chain explosions.
    Yeah I prob should take a look at the mechanics cuz I don't even know what your saying lol I mean I remember sorta the mechanics but I have no idea what your talking about, I assume you mean the bouncing bolt conduit pillar thing?

Yes that. If you overload that one first, it makes it so you won't get any more bouncing bolts for the rest of the fight. Then it's just a matter of cleaning up all the existing ones.

Broken Shore bosses are soloable for warlocks of the affliction variety at least.

I had to drag it under water to get people to stop tagging it. In the end a Dk tagged this one in the home stretch, but it's w/e he ended up doing jack anyway.

Can op update whats is done and whats not on 1st post?

I updated it but I don't know what you are expecting there. Only thing I did was take off the note for Valithria and add a line for Legion. The spreadsheet is where all the information is kept.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    As a suggestion, you should put a new spec image for destro, as this one is outdated and maybe include an affliction spec image as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I updated it but I don't know what you are expecting there. Only thing I did was take off the note for Valithria and add a line for Legion. The spreadsheet is where all the information is kept.
    I said that because I saw #Mist of pandarean - In progress" and I see all dead in the hightest possible dificulty. Killing a boss in "hardmode" auto cleans all the other dificulties I think?
    Anyway that was what I ment

Yeah I hadn't been actively soloing MoP content so I wasn't sure the status of things, other people had updated the 25H but not retroactively updated 25N. I've updated everything accordingly now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, trying to solo Mythic Gruul, and even if I don't touch the boss AT ALL my voidwalker or infernal always loses threat and Gruul pretty much fixates on me. Obviously I then die soon after due to stacks of IS.

Ideas?

---------

Edit: Actually a full on burn rather than a cautious approach worked best. Pumped him and burnt him down before his stacks of IS got too high.
    Last edited by Sar-; 2017-07-03 at 01:58 PM.

Has anyone been trying Archimonde Mythic? I am curious about it as I've seen a few classes soloing it (fury warrs, mage, dh tank), was thinking of giving it a go if its worth it once I am back in the game. Any destro/affli locks that have been doing M HFC?

Did it some time ago. Should have recorded, but oh well.
    Sacrolash/Pillars. P1 and 2 are somewhat easy. Dot stuff, kill stuff, use Demonic Circle to ground yourself quick when he shoot you up in the air, save gateway charges for the mythic phase. You can just tank boss with your face, he is not doing much. The actual problem is the last phase. Well, if one is geared enough he should be able to kill stars with just 1 corruption tick before any of them reach you, but i used sacrolash just to be safe. But the thing i struggled with was the tank pushback mechanic, can't remember the name, the crystal thingie. 2 gateway charges, drums and demonic circle was an actual requirement for my ilvl to kill just one. Can't say now, good at forgetting things, but killing the 2nd one was really a problem. On 3rd you have nothing, so you're probably dead. So yeah, after the intermission make sure you place both gateway and circle and position yourself with your back next to the gateway and then pray.

Hi fellow warlocks,

I'd like to report that I've successfully soloed Return to Karazhan at mythic difficulty. Moroes and Viz'aduum were predictably problematic and took a while to get them down, the rest was fairly straightforward. I've put together some notes for the future reference: docs.google.com/document/d/137aID8cNWypWjsehzwA1tctD8Bk4foMPlpyaqYxQycE/edit

That said, farming Midnight should be really easy, since you don't have to kill Moroes Good luck!

Continuing with mythic dungeons, up next is Maw of Souls. Overall the run took 22 minutes. Only the first boss presented some difficulty with a huge pack of skeletons it summons, which you have to kite. For those interested, my notes and tips are available here: goo.gl/3tJXWc. Good luck!

The Eonar solo video is out here.
    If we're lucky the person who did this might try more NH/EN bosses in the future.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

And here's the cheese...

And I did it the normal way too!

Went ahead and cleared through E.Ren, Illy, Dragons, and Cen as well. I'll put up a combo vid of them later.
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2018-01-23 at 04:14 AM.