Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Rogues vs. Old Content: The One Thread

Foreword:
    Get your Legion on.

This guide assumes you are lvl 110 with ilvl 835+ gear.

For simplification purposes, all raids will be evaluated at their highest difficulty unless otherwise noted.
    • Easy bosses can be engaged and killed with little/no knowledge of fight mechanics (zergable bosses).
    • Medium bosses require some fore-knowledge of encounter mechanics and/or cooldown management. It is possible for you to die if you don't know what to expect (can't zerg). Notes will be added case-by-case.
    • Hard bosses require full knowledge of fight mechanics and proper cooldown management. Expect to die a few times. Outside links to videos/detailed soloing breakdown will be provided.
    • Nope bosses cannot be solo'd for one reason or another (encounter requires 2+ players, CC, etc.)
    • <TBT> is a placeholder for "to be tested."

Spec, Talents, Glyphs

(Current patch: 7.2.5)

Spec & Talents: I currently use the following setup for general soloing of old content - Outlaw. Any deviations will be case-by-case, though at this point I think spec is largely irrelevant.

List of Encounters by Order of Release/Progression

Right in the Nostalgia
    :

Spoiler: 

OMG Illidan, you can't just ask someone if they're prepared!:
    Spoiler: 

Hoo hooo! Big summer blowout!:
    Spoiler: 

Directed by M. Night Shyamalamadingdong:
    Spoiler: 

We Do Not Wash Our Pits in Owen's Wishing Well:
    Spoiler: 

Once More Unto the Breach...for the first time...again:
    Spoiler: 

Show me your Twisting Nether:
    Spoiler: 

List of YouTube Channels of Rogue Soloers

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaorixTV/playlists
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1wYK1TQ9cixPzX

If you have any other channels to add, please send me a message and I will add them.

- - - Update - - -
    Patch 7.2.5. Trying to make updates - wowhead is almost unusable.
    Last edited by Merope; 2017-07-10 at 01:27 AM. Reason: 7.2.5

Deleted
    "Shuriken Toss is a must. Build CPs on Yogg and use CT to kill arms that grab you."

I disagree with that. You can always use FoK and if you are combat you still have MfD and/or CT.

Halfus Wyrmbreaker - Never had any problems on 10N or 10H.

Valiona and Theralion - 560 ilvl with AoC Heroic, just pop CoS on the first Blackout and dps

Yogg - just use FoK

Nice thread !!!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yogg has been updated to include FoK (I'm combat so I don't get FoK anymore =()

Thanks for doing this.
    Now that I'm level 100, I'm going to go solo all the things and see how it goes now.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Nice work but you need more ridiculous paragraph names!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Nice work but you need more ridiculous paragraph names!
    I guess I need to step up my sick references game.

was able to kill first 3 bosses in DS 25 HC solo. lvl 100 combat. even ignored trash and abilities. so far so good. will do more later

Quote Originally Posted by kylol View Post
    was able to kill first 3 bosses in DS 25 HC solo. lvl 100 combat. even ignored trash and abilities. so far so good. will do more later
    Thanks for the info! Updated with the caveat of level 100.

hagara is tougher on heroic, didnt get her past 7% until i got ice tombed, then died.

edit: got some ppl to finish hagara, ult, and boat goat on heroic, but then soloed spine and DW on normal 25 solo.
    Last edited by kylol; 2014-11-26 at 06:33 AM.

I know this is an old thread but its a sticky after all so i thought id ask here about how to do the achievement Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare in ulduar 10 man? Since this achievement requires for the mobs to be damaged to a pretty low hp im having trouble as a lvl 100 even after taking most gear off since even normal throw does 50% of their health and i dont think i got even one dwarf killed by the breath and i only got two chances to kill them since they killed the mobs after that.. The other meta-achievements in the glory of the ulduar are easy to do but really having trouble with this one.. Any tips? Or should i just go for the 25man so the mobs would have more hp and could stand more hits?

There's some good info here, thanks.
    Though about Valithria in ICC...she is entirely skip-able now. Stealth past by hugging the right wall, run behind the adds, and be on your way to the spider gauntlet!

Quote Originally Posted by keast18 View Post
    There's some good info here, thanks.
    Though about Valithria in ICC...she is entirely skip-able now. Stealth past by hugging the right wall, run behind the adds, and be on your way to the spider gauntlet!
    Talking about valithria.. Any ideas how to get the meta-achievement on that fight since the best bandages i found were not enough?

Deleted
    For Lady Vashj in SSC you should walk up to her to make her melee you, then drag her down to the water. From here you can then burst her before she can run back to the middle to trigger the annoying part of the fight.

Just make sure you're ready to use sprint/shadowstep to keep up, and only kill her shortly after the first root/web she does, so you don't get stuck in one and have to reset it.

Been doing that shithole for 5 months straight for the damn s2 druid recolour, doesn't exist I swear

10+ Year Old Account
    soloed all content before pandaria on at least 10 hc, except valithria ofc and the baradin hold bosses maybe i'll give them a try soon

A big thanks for the Sig and Avatar made by i4ni

As combat during Yogg be sure to always have some combo points when outside to crimson tempest the tentacles that lift you up, they can be hard to hit without aoe. very easy fight by now. I am interested to know how the rest of 25H Dragonsoul is, I'm still missing one of the mounts from DW there.

Deleted
    How should my settings be if I want LFR drops from for example Heart of Fear? Or are those items now unavailable?

Quote Originally Posted by Knaprig View Post
    How should my settings be if I want LFR drops from for example Heart of Fear? Or are those items now unavailable?
    I haven't tested it, but shouldn't there be some npc you talk with to queue into LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    I haven't tested it, but shouldn't there be some npc you talk with to queue into LFR?
    That was the theory.

DS a lot of bosses are trivial now (or come down to luck like Harara), Leeching Poison FTW! Spine.. I'm sure must be possible, but It'd be a beast to manage it. I guess you could nuke the tendon with Shuriken while strafing left and right so it doesn't spin? I don't know if that'd do enough damage. Anyone Soloed it on 25?

LK HC25, also very tivial. Combat is a must imo. If you have blade flurry on you can just ignore all adds and just nuke him - BF will take out all the glowing balls for you before they blast you off the ledge.

"Gun ship battle: Need to test in 6.0.3" - Incredibly easy now, even on HC25. Just build up energy to full before the ship appears and then blast it. Just don't jump across when the cannon freezes. The damage WILL take down the other ship after a few seconds with you on it otherwise.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2014-11-30 at 08:25 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    All of DS25 is easily doable, Hagara doesn't even come close to phasing in 635 gear as combat.

Spine is pretty simple, you could do it during the pre-patch with ease. You just clear all the tentacles out, sit in the open wound to root yourself and afk until enough blobs come out. Once you have enough, kill the last tentacle, then kill the blobs without killing the amalgamation. Keep running back and forth over the center so it doesn't roll as you're buffing up the amalgamation. Weaken it a bit, then run over to a side and kill it before Deathwing rolls and knocks him off. The tendon thing dies in like 3 hits, then you just kill the next tentacle and repeat. Take MfD and use it for Recup if you want, but you barely take any damage.

Video form from a warrior PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_bIAsDDRw