Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Beth, just go up immediately for easy mode.

If you got really low gear, make sure your dps cds is available when she gets low on hp and is about to go down.
    ("tank" her far away from middle, get her to 1 hp before she jumps down, time kill with devastation and she doesn't even jump down.)

I soloed MSV 10 Normal this week, with Souldrinker.
    My ilvl is 674 before equipping Souldrinker.

Dogs are no-brainer.
    Close call on Feng, which I was previously stuck on.
    Close call on Garajal, need cloak and smoke bomb+glyph after enrage.
    Wiped a few on four kings due to pin down ability, trying PvP trinket, however instead of using it, I just run around with Sprint and dodged it.
    Elegon? Everyone can do elegon, right?
    Emperor, wiped a few times. +5s Evasion glyph. Delaying all your defensive cooldowns (KSpree and AR are considered defensive here) as long as you can survive until the next set of combos. Combos = Safe. Normal melee = need cd.

Emperor doesn't worth the effort if you are going for mount.

I don't think there's much point in killing Rageface when solo. He has more health than Shannox, if you can kill Rageface before he face rages, you can kill Shannox.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshwa View Post
    I don't think there's much point in killing Rageface when solo. He has more health than Shannox, if you can kill Rageface before he face rages, you can kill Shannox.
    You use shadow reflection on Rageface so that when he facerages your shadow reflection breaks you out then you turn around and kill Shannox after Rageface is down. Only way I've found I can do it on 25 HC with a 679 ilv and not doing anything silly like getting the Alysrazor buff first.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    You use shadow reflection on Rageface so that when he facerages your shadow reflection breaks you out then you turn around and kill Shannox after Rageface is down. Only way I've found I can do it on 25 HC with a 679 ilv and not doing anything silly like getting the Alysrazor buff first.
    Rupture also works, it just takes a while longer to drop the rage off

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by no19 View Post
    I soloed MSV 10 Normal this week, with Souldrinker.
    My ilvl is 674 before equipping Souldrinker.

Dogs are no-brainer.
    Close call on Feng, which I was previously stuck on.
    Close call on Garajal, need cloak and smoke bomb+glyph after enrage.
    Wiped a few on four kings due to pin down ability, trying PvP trinket, however instead of using it, I just run around with Sprint and dodged it.
    Elegon? Everyone can do elegon, right?
    Emperor, wiped a few times. +5s Evasion glyph. Delaying all your defensive cooldowns (KSpree and AR are considered defensive here) as long as you can survive until the next set of combos. Combos = Safe. Normal melee = need cd.

Emperor doesn't worth the effort if you are going for mount.
    How much is Souldrinker worth it, compared to the loss of dps? I've never used it but it should be proccing for 7-8k health right? Doesn't seem that great unless it procs all the time.

Would like to see more MoP discussion on here since cata is so trivial now. I was stuck at Feng last time I tried it which was 650 ilevel (667 now).

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Would like to see more MoP discussion on here since cata is so trivial now. I was stuck at Feng last time I tried it which was 650 ilevel (667 now).
    What I'd like to know is if HoF is anywhere near able to be soloed, as I really want the tier set from normal HoF

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    What I'd like to know is if HoF is anywhere near able to be soloed, as I really want the tier set from normal HoF
    From one quick run, the first boss is killable, it just requires saving all dps cooldowns for the 3rd platform to take him to 40% before he casts convert. Deep insight+AR+KS+reflection. The second boss hits incredibly hard and I couldn't last more than a couple of minutes, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Deleted
    Hi, soloed MSV 10 normal yesterday as a combat rogue (Ilvl 682). Started without knowing the mechanics because never played MoP. Feng was a bit tricky and i got lucky with my t-set procs at the end. Don´t know why, but didn´t use leeching poison, using cheat death instead. Would have been a lot easier with lp i guess... Didn´t own Souldrinker.

Emperor is the last man standing, trying him right now. Started this morning, 25% was my best try. Currently trying some tactics with different glyphs and gear.
    I´m using fraps to capture my fights to see where i´m failing... But at the moment my problem seems to be "everything". (;

Edit: Finally killed them. Was able to avoid most cleaves during the first 2 devastating combos. But the last combo hit me hard. Used all my remaining heal cds after combo 3 and nuked him down.
    Last edited by mmoc00d94c1b72; 2015-03-17 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by E1nweg View Post
    Hi, soloed MSV 10 normal yesterday as a combat rogue (Ilvl 682). Started without knowing the mechanics because never played MoP. Feng was a bit tricky and i got lucky with my t-set procs at the end. Don´t know why, but didn´t use leeching poison, using cheat death instead. Would have been a lot easier with lp i guess... Didn´t own Souldrinker.
    I don't really understand how you can kill Feng without leeching and not knowing the fight. I'm not saying you're lying, but it just seems very odd. Can you elaborate on how you did? At the moment I'm just skipping him with the shadowstep bug.

Deleted
    I actually can. (; Like i said, i´m using fraps to capture my solo trys to "analyze" my mistakes. Uploaded the fight against feng yesterday on youtube, mainly to show it some friends i´m playing with most of the time. I will pm you the link.

I certainly got lucky with a lot of t-set procs and messed up some cds and stuff. Also changed my interface 3 days ago and it takes some time to get used to it. Still playing around with weakaura settings and try to setup everything. I will maybe upload the emperor kill vid later that week, when I have some time again.

Edit: Can´t pm you but if you search on youtube for "solo feng rogue" or something like that, you should find it.
    Last edited by mmoc00d94c1b72; 2015-03-17 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I don't really understand how you can kill Feng without leeching and not knowing the fight. I'm not saying you're lying, but it just seems very odd. Can you elaborate on how you did? At the moment I'm just skipping him with the shadowstep bug.
    Feng's difficulty scales down with higher ilvl faster than other bosses because the down time the boss takes to move around. 4pc T17 compensates combat's single target dps issue very well. We are not dk, but high damage may make everything possible.

Also, Souldrinker doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by no19; 2015-03-18 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried ToES 10N last night with no luck, mainly trying to get one last achievement to complete the T14 meta. Couldn't get past Protectors.

Was Combat with leeching and CR (690-something, armory is down right now), flask, food, double pot. Regardless of who I started on, I could not get a single boss down.

My biggest issue involved not being able to kill anything before Cleansing Waters, I'd get either of the Elders down to 20%, then Cleansing Waters would go out and the healing would pretty much negate my damage, then the 2nd Lightning Prison stun occurs and everything goes downhill from there. Is there some sort of item I can use to dispel Cleansing Waters?

Here are some of the issues I ran into starting with each boss.

Elder Asani - Couldn't kill before Cleansing Waters, if not killed he'll continue to use Cleansing Waters.

Elder Regail - Couldn't kill before Cleansing Waters, if not killed he'll use Lightning Prison periodically...the first one can be pre-cloaked, but the CD is too short to use cloak again. That stun is nasty and I take a ton of damage during it, I suppose with proper timing I could CR just before the 2nd prison to reduce damage while stunned. The 1st prison has to be cloaked in order to burst down a boss before Cleansing Waters.

Protector Kaolan - Nearly impossible, way too much health to burst down before Cleansing Waters plus I have to deal with subsequent Cleansing Waters and Lightning Prisons.

Has anyone had any luck soloing this yet?

I haven't tried it, but I'm considering using my Sub spec/gear for this, with an on-use trinket, a pot and SD/SR, I might have enough burst to down a boss at the start. Plus I can use Imp FoK for most of this one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Decided to spend some time in 10 man Heart of Fear and was able to breeze through 4/6 but ultimately hit a wall that more than likely will not be soloable unless the fight is changed (Amber Shaper Un'sok).

Vizier Zor'lok was relatively easy, the 3rd platform was the only challenging part of the fight but can be passed by doing enough damage to phase him before convert, or just standing in the gas using Shuriken Toss/Deadly Throw while keeping Feint/Recup active (The method I chose but will try the other soon).

Blade Lord isn't to challenging but it does require a decent amount of DPS for two reasons, first reason being the Overwhelming Assault debuff. The 3rd stack leading into the 4th hit does enough damage to be very crippling if not mitigated at all (Hit me for 50k with 5 stacks of Combat Readiness).
    Second Reason is Unseen Strike, while not as dangerous as Overwhelming Assaults it can lead to bad things if you dont mitigate it, so you'll want to use Feint plus another mitigation CD. (I used Feint+Cloak Glyph for the first, and if I had a second Unseen I would have used Feint+Bomb). Once you get to the last phase it's a free win. If you use your Defensives wise enough you'll get by this boss without too much hassle.

Garalon is a very easy fight, all you need to do is stay out of pheromones, and if you think you're going to get hit Furious Swipes by just feint (you can move out from in front of him and it wont hit you).

Wind Lord Mel'Jarak is without a doubt the easiest fight in the entire zone, if you're combat (Spiked to around 390k DPS during adds). Pick off the Amber Trappers followed by the Menders then Blademasters. Once you've dealt with the adds the boss takes 99% increased damage and deals 150% increased damage so just move out of in front of him when he casts Whirling Blades, dont stand in Bombs and you win.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to kill Amber Shaper because of Reshape Life (Once he turns you into a construct any melee attacks that the boss does to you drains 40 willpower) and it isnt really a fight that you can just DPS hard through because he takes 99% less damage during Phase 2 so you would have to kill the Monstrosity (about 1.8mil HP in 10 man) but its not very likely to happen because 0 willpower = dead.

I may have a friend come in and aid with killing Amber shaper to see if soloing Empress is possible, assuming enough DPS can be done to her in order to push phase/kill before reaching 5 stacks of Eyes of the Empress.

My Kill videos:

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok
    Blade Lord Ta'yak
    Garalon
    Wind Lord Mel'jarak

I will most likely spend time in Terrace/Throne of Thunder and Heroic Vaults come reset.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-03 at 11:22 PM. Reason: #errors, additional statements

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raic View Post
    Has anyone had any luck soloing this yet?
    I managed to get it just now and will share some insight to those who may need help.

The fight isn't incredibly difficult but it does take some execution with the most important part being the kill order.

The order I used was Regali -> Kaolan -> Asani. (Removes the potential for stun inside a Defiled Ground during Phase 2)
    Since killing one of them grants a different abilities to those that are left alive you'll need to deal with those abilities accordingly.

Since I decided to kill Regali first and currently killing one of them off before Cleansing Water goes off isn't likely to happen so we need to deal with the most threatening of the Three protectors first while keeping them away from Cleansing Waters. The way I dealt with this was by interrupting Regali's lightning bolt immediately after the first pool for cleansing waters is dropped, after doing so he should immediately start casting Lightning prison (Safe to cloak but I forgot to on my own kill). In order to safely move him away from the pool I Shadowstepped Asani and dropped Smoke Bomb, after Regali finishes his prison cast he will move to you without getting the Cleanising Waters buff and you can finish him off.

Once Phase two begins pull Kaolan a safe distance away from Asani so you have time to either move out of Water bolt, or Feint (The damage is cast at a players location and is AoE damage). Make sure you kill the Corrupted Waters whenever it is up (increases their attack/cast speed by 50% but when killed grants you 25% attack/cast speed) and of course don't stand in Defiled Ground.

After killing Kaolan it's pretty much a free win. Just remember to kill the Corrupted Water when it spawns and if you're low on health keep Feint active.

(My kill was sloppy, didnt cloak 1st prison and should have kept feint active for marjoity of p2)
    My kill: Protectors of Endless

*Edit#1 Tsulong - Stay out of Nightmares, Stand in Sunbeam. If you get a day phase kill Embodied Terrors ASAP, then deal with small adds (he'll probably get hit by a few but its fine as long as he doesnt heal back to full for night phase)

*Edit#2 Lei Shi - Incredibly difficult fight (RNG and lots of it), will elaborate further if asked, otherwise description on video covers the basics on dealing with DPS CDs and Cloak of Shadows. If you're doing it for Xmog/Achieves I recommend bringing friends instead of dealing with the potential headache that this boss can be.

*Edit#3 Sha of Fear - Very fast fight but requires pretty high DPS

I can elaborate further on any of these boss fights if needed.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-03 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typos/clarification, 04/02 - Sha Of Fear edit

Thank you for the great effort, Saorix! I will update the OP with your videos sometime today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merope View Post
    Thank you for the great effort, Saorix! I will update the OP with your videos sometime today.
    Yep, no problem.
    I'm glad that rogue soloing is something within the realm of possibility this early on (Not as a good as DK/Monk but very fun concept that makes it work).

Had some time to spend in Heroic 10 Mogu'shan Vaults and killed both Stoneguard and Feng.
    Will work on Gara'jal later on since I expect him to be rather difficult.

Heroic Stone Guards - Easy enough, turn BF on, stay out of puddles/traps and feint right before Overload. Tiles mechanic can be fully ignored.
    Heroic Feng the Accursed - Took a little bit to get, needed to spread out defensives/offensives for each phase (100%-Spear,75%-Staff,50%-Shield,25%-Fists) in order to minimize the amount of debuff stacks (2 was perfect, 4+ normally resulted in a death). Kill in the video was the cleanest I've had.

*Edit - Heroic Garajal - A rather unforgiving boss that requires high DPS and good defensive CD management (I mismanaged towards the end and payed dearly for it). Not entirely satisfied with this so I'm eager to retry this one next reset.

*Edit#2 - Heroic Spirit Kings - Detailed overview of the fight on Heroic in the description.

*Edit#3 - Heroic Elegon - Explanation on how to handle the changes on Heroic explained in the description.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-03 at 11:20 PM. Reason: additional notes/New Bosses killed

7+ Year Old Account
    All right, here is the last one for a little bit.

Heroic Will of the Emperor - Explanation of everything that changes on Heroic and how to manage adds, Titan Sparks and cooldowns are provided in the description.

Having done all Mogu'shan Vaults on Heroic now, I found it fun/challenging.
    Would rate the bosses as such:

Stone Guardians: Easy
    Feng the Accursed: Hard (The CD management here is neat)
    Gara'jal the Spirit Binder: Hard (Will get much easier with gear)
    Spirit Kings: Medium (Once you've learned how to deal with each of the King's new special abilities it isn't terribly difficult)
    Elegon: Easy (Feint/Cloak the Total Annihilation and you wont get Stunned)
    Will of the Emperor: Medium (The incoming damage in the last phase can be pretty punishing if you miss Evasion)

Completed with a 687-88 Ilvl.

All of my T14 content kills can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaorixTV/playlists
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-04 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    I have managed to solo ToES, Lei Shi was such a bitch thx for tips Saorix, i didn't hit her during Get Away! just to prolong that phase to get my cloak cd in case i get rng.
    Time to move to MsV HC next reset.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasca View Post
    I have managed to solo ToES, Lei Shi was such a bitch thx for tips Saorix, i didn't hit her during Get Away! just to prolong that phase to get my cloak cd in case i get rng.
    Time to move to MsV HC next reset.
    No problem.
    Yeah I honestly didn't think of using Get Away! to allow for Cloak to reset, I've updated the description to include that it can be done.

I've made some good progress into Normal Throne of Thunder recently, here are my Jin'rokh & Dark Animus kills:

Sadly I have not killed Durumu yet. It is going to be another particularly challenging fight and I only gave it 2 attempts, specifically the Fog beast phase. I will give it more attempts later.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-05 at 12:20 AM. Reason: *Durumu