Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    what do they mean by phasing everything? Will we not see other people now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhope444 View Post
    what do they mean by phasing everything? Will we not see other people now?
    Means they'll do like Tanaan Jungle where they limited the amount of active people in your vicinity to a fluid number in an effort to reduce playerstacking and performance issues.

Have you experienced the issue so far where mobs 15+ feet radius of you 'dissapear'? That's because there are SO many players to render the server cracks down and limits you. Then when you step anywhere the server has to constantly relay the info from that location and back to you meaning mobs/items take ages to load while thousands of players are already there and the server tries to phase them away so you can see what's going in.

This won't happen, now, as phasing will limit the amount of input the server recieves from your location. It means the thousands of people will still be near you on a technical point of view but your performance won't hinder them as theirs won't hinder you. Instead you'll see 10-200 people near you to increase your performance and your FoV will not retract to prevent crashes.

Trust me, unless you're specifically trying to find someone, not in a group with you, in a cluttered area without having their Battle.net info or being in guild with them; You won't notice anyone is phased outside of your FoV not retracting anymore and you can run smoothly and mobs/items spawn appropriately. It's win/win/win.

Honestly, I believe it was always intended to play like this and Tanaan was a 'test' to see if it worked. Now they're rolling it out all over Draenor to increase performance and this is likely the wave of the future. A smart system that constantly determines how many players are near another player to make sure the game does not feel 'dead' if players are available to be put in the same phase but at the same time does not cause lag/DC's because a clusterfuck of people are trying to do the same thing all at once.

THAT SAID!!!:

While your concerns posted should be answered by the above post, it does raise other concerns. What if that system fails? Will the servers crash instantly? Will responsiveness drop again at critical moments? Will it cause errors for groups, B-net friends, guildmates where they cannot join together because of a flaw in the system? Will the system be exploited to get 'speed levelling' phases where someone can sit alone and do everything while others accidentally phase together through unintended grouping? Will quest reward/completions be hindered for groups because player A is accidentally phased away from player B?

All things the devs need to make sure works. Tanaan seems flawless to me so far but I've only had limited experience with it. There's alot of "What if's" that remains to be seen but I'd advice we take those issues as they come up rather than speculate and overanalyze them before they occour.

Quitcherbitchin!

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    Really.. ANOTHER Maintance? geezes.. you are a failure. Atleast you are "upgrading hardware" this time, but come on. I feel stupid for even paying for the game each month lol xD 2 maintances within 2days gg. You are not prepared!
    You snivel cuz it's broken, you snivel cuz they're fixing it. YOU are not prepared...for RL!

Finally some action, I made a ticket to blizzard about this just the day after release, sitting in a Queue over 3 to 6 hours to "ENTER" the game, and having to wait for more then 5,000 players to connect to the game, Its just not fair or good considering previous expansions that only been a max of 10 to 20min max queue, this expansion its like every old players returned, giving it a very hard pressure on servers and i personally said in the ticket/Forum that its about time to upgrade the servers, reduce the login delay and get it sorted and its QUICKLY, i can live with server be down for another 6 hours aslong it sortes the login issue and makes the servers more stabile.

This maintenance period was previously scheduled to end in about three hours at 11:00 a.m. CET.
    So what's the ETA now :P?

Deleted
    surely phasing will mean less chat in general. if they are upgrading hardware, why do they need multiple draenors per realm? seems the server doesnt thread well (or at all).
    I wonder if its even 64 bit.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I've been really patient these last two days. Today I waited my turn for over 4 hours to get on Sargeras. I was able to get on for about 3 hours and it was amazingly fun, then Sargeras NA went down. Once the server came back up of course I tried to get back on, well I ended up being over 2700 in queue. Waited another 3-4 hours and then my queue got stuck at 538 and then it sent me back to 2400 in queue.

Reduced the density of Squirrels in Nagrand and critters and Icespine Hatchlings in Frostfire Ridge.
    Now we know who to blame! Those pesky Squirrels (with capital S)

The downtime is a bummer for many. Hopefully everything will get fixed and adjusted, so we can get an even better experience.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The downtime is a bummer for many. Hopefully everything will get fixed and adjusted, so we can get an even better experience.
    Be nice to be able to log in and play, rather than spending most of the day waiting to get into the game..

Servers are up on EU atleast lag is gone, but now I disconnect every 2-3mins

10+ Year Old Account
    So what the hell did they fix?

I still have a 200 Minute Queue 1500 peeps in front of me.

I haven't played for a day now. Yesterday I sat in the queue from 18.30 to 01.45. the queue went from 3.700 to 1200 in that time....

I pay to PLAY. Do something!

I recall playing Star Wars: The old Republic online.
    They had a system that whenever there were too many in one zone then that zone would split into 2-3-4-5 duplicates of that zone.
    That was like 4 years ago....

Wouldn't that be an idea?

----- Edit -----
    Half an hour later I'm 905 in queue and it flexes between 1000 and 2000 minutes
    Last edited by tussee; 2014-11-15 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    Seriously? They're going to phase everything in an attempt to fix this?

They're killing the "Massive" part of MMO just because their servers can't handle it? You're not actually going to see the people in a zone now unless you happen to be in a same phase?

This better be temporary.

I'm in an oceanic server, with the phasing, i could still see at least 50 people in quest "hubs", more so just hanging around the area.

but once I go in to the questing areas, it phases me and I only see 6-10 people, easy to quest, no lag, no need to tag mobs.

Really great system, you won't feel alone either because there are always people around you, I dont know how to explain it but you're not gonna be alone because of phasing.

I haven't played for past several days coz of this insane que and all these maintenance.... I want my money back this is one big poo!

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Seriously? They're going to phase everything in an attempt to fix this?

They're killing the "Massive" part of MMO just because their servers can't handle it? You're not actually going to see the people in a zone now unless you happen to be in a same phase?

This better be temporary.
    Way to deliberately misunderstand what will actually happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

I hope to play today I had a queue of 6500 and never played the other day..............

Deleted
    Sitting for 2 hours in queue, than realm restart, and bam I'm back at around 3700 in queue, another 5 hour wait, gg blizz.

im generally a patient person but this launch has blown chunks, and ive been around for all of them. Was talking to a guildy yesterday while waiting in my 8000+ que.... we were joking around saying at least we didnt wanna try to go for server firsts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Deleted
    The queue has it's upside. I've managed to do at least 20%+ in Saints Row IV which I play in the foreground waiting for that login "click" sound.
    Dumb, I know. I'm just trying to find something positive here.
    We're all down like a bag of rotten potatoes for sure.

But since they " upgraded " everything will be fine right guys ?
    Or they just deleted the TEMP folder ...