Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like again bliz has little care for the PvP community and let us down again with another failing PvP zone even after multiple complaints during beta that ashran is a total sham

I thought it was kinda fun. But I only did it one day and probably won't do it often. It's meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You want the old AV experience? Go do AV! Seriously: with people dying more slowly now, there's actual PvP happening there. And the alliance queue time is only like 2 minutes.
    I wish Horde were better at AV though honestly. I'm going to try convince my friends I usually queue with to handicap ourselves or play defensively or something because it's just too easy. I really love a good AV where the Horde play properly and tactically. Usually it'll be a group of 5 premade people who make the difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachie View Post
    Looks like again bliz has little care for the PvP community and let us down again with another failing PvP zone even after multiple complaints during beta that ashran is a total sham
    I think there is a lot of room for some good fun and I've had a good time there already. They should add more events happening on the sides and try to balance out the factions. Also there should be more decent rewards because they've now nerfed it to hell. Also the faction bosses are way too easy to kill.

They wanted to replicate AV, but they completely forgot about the pealing away the layers of the onion! Anyone remember that book you get from AV insignia quests? A good AV battle happens on multiple levels at multiple places simultaneously and a good victory depends on everyone pulling together. It's like they forgot the mechanics of their own battleground.

Ashran just kind of happens in the middle and that's it. Sometimes something will happen on the side, but with the except of that ogre lord, the side stuff doesn't impact the battle very much. In AV if you engage the faction boss before pealing away the layers, you're going to have a very bad time.

Deleted
    one thing annoying me about ashran, why does it lock you to your server?

i wan't to play with my friend on another server, but ashran won't let us, we have to play on our own servers :| hope they change that.

also so far i have never won a game of ashran lol, every time i have joined alliance are just bridge farming us at the base getting no honor and no items, don't understand the point of ashran at the moment.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Since my first few days of complaints, personally I think Ashran has taken a turn for the better in my experience. People are turning in artifacts, creating raid groups, joining said raid groups... it seems to be working as expected...

My two complaints though....
    The damn tree and rock rhino keep bugging out and healing to full randomly.
    The center path being the primary place for pvp is a bit boring.

I'm grinding the hell out of the titles currently because I'm wroried it will die in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    one thing annoying me about ashran, why does it lock you to your server?
    In the absence of strict balancing, this is so you cannot go server-shopping for a server where your faction is dominating.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    In the absence of strict balancing, this is so you cannot go server-shopping for a server where your faction is dominating.
    its really annoying not letting me play with friends in ashran without transfering server though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    also so far i have never won a game of ashran lol, every time i have joined alliance are just bridge farming us at the base getting no honor and no items, don't understand the point of ashran at the moment.
    I really think if they put a timer on the tree and rock rhino and didn't allow them to be resummoned for a period of time, it would help this situation.
    Beyond that people have to focus fire better. Lots of Boomkins start tugging their epeens after star falling... yet doing nothing to anyone on the opposing team really, and I've seen a couple of times when there would be 20 horde vs 30 plus alliance in my experience and all 20 horde are attacking different people adn doing different things... and nobody is getting much accomplished.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Ok I went to Ashran today and saw how gigantic piece of trash it is.

It is basically PvE with faction with more # monopolyzing everything while lesser faction can just pretend not to exist. And why the heck are tanks mandatory in battlegrounds?

Why the heck is there no player number capping?
    Just want to say thanks for using the # correctly!

Also, Ashran is awfull for my server and the things we're CRZ'ed too, we're basically 10 alliance against 100+ Horde, it's not really fun at all being there

Just trying to do Ashran today, couldn't do anything.

Massive lag there, I can't do anything, game freezes and I die, alliance always at the gates of the horde base, can't pass through without the lag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post

Massive lag there, I can't do anything, game freezes and I die, alliance always at the gates of the horde base, can't pass through without the lag.
    not expereienced any lag myself in ashran, but yeah i have never seen horde push further than the ramp behind the tower on stormscale. outland alliance always farming us on the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Lets put this and Garrisons on the bad idea pile.
    For people who love sticking to a status quo, Garrisons are bad. These are the same people who made sure we never get a pre-expansion event on the level of the zombie invasion again because it messed with their daily routine.

Ashran though is objectively bad. I'd say in terms of class changes and Ashran Blizzard fucked up pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I'm guessing you didn't do old AV, then.

Come in here, talking about balance, factions to not have any advantages, zerg this zerg that.

Kinda cute, and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post

You should make sure your addons are up to date. Buggy addons can seriously degrade performance.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    My first play at Ashran was like that, but then:

(a) a lot of the "bonus missions" off road appear to be once and for all; they don't reset and you don't see to get them again. So there's not much point going off road.
    (b) my server was merged in Ashran with a horde dominated one and now literally every time I go to Ashran, the horde are at the gates. Staying clear of the zerg is not an option.

My first impression of Ashran was very positive (I love Wintergrasp and AV). My current impression is that it is horrible.
    My realm recently got connected to more realms to fix the balance, it's fine now.

And people saying they won't come back... you do realise it's the only way to fully cap Conquest? Ahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    I've had the 'pleasure' to play it a couple of times now and what can I say, it's complete garbage, a complete waste of resources and development time

it's a mindless zerg on the middle road, as a melee you're completely worthless and as a caster you mindlessly spam aoe into the enemy zerg

biggest disappointment of this expansion for sure, it is nothing like Wintergrasp which was legitimately awesome

Ashran sucks balls.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-11-30 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    My 4 problems with Ashran are:

1. Imbalanced. On realms dominated by one of the factions it's simply unplayable. Even trying to reach side areas for bonus objective is impossible unless you're a stealth class cause groups of 6-7 players will hunt you down anyway. It's so impossible to do anything there (except maybe for those who play at 3-4 AM) on realms with faction imbalance that it's a joke.

At least TB / WG was equally paced, so if realm had 5 Horde and 5000 Allliance, for example, it would still run 5 vs 5.

2. The area is too SMALL. Timeless Isle as WPVP hub was way better, with places to hide, various territorial niches, caves, high cliffs, bridges. I expected something at least as big as Timeless or maybe a bit bigger, like TI + IoT combined. A room for maneuvers. But no, it's tiny and overcrowded with OP mobs and bosses and way too flat.

3. The mobs for side objectives don't respawn properly. Try to kill a Marsh Creature.

4. All the rares are way too strong. There's no way a small party of 3-4 players can down them since they 1-shot everything that isn't a tank. Tank, which is a 100% PvE function. Why players would have to bring a PVE tank to "PVP" zone to kill something? Bliizard logic.

So far I love EVERYTHING in this expansion EXCEPT Ashran. Did they really let PVP'ers test it before the release?? Unbelievable that some people could actually approve this.

Ashran sucks big time, it's a total failure, horrible implemented, and it needs changes ASAP.
    Point 3 - 4 I could agree with.
    Point 2 I don't know if the zone is smaller than Wintergrasp or Tol Barad. I think it is about the same size.

Point 1 is - of course - not true, since the zone is across Realms, so the "imbalance due to my server/realm situation" is not valid.
    You can see this, as next time look at the names of your players around you and I have seen people from at least 4 different servers around me.

Now I am not saying Ashran is good, only the "balance problems due to my server situation " is simply wrong.

Wintergrasp was epic, I would have liked a new Wintergrasp zone with a new Castle and a few updated fights.

Let Blizzard come up with a solution, like they did with Tol Barad, I am sure they can find something during the expansion.

I am more annoyed by the fact the world zone is not implemted seamlessly like they advertised. People don't like to be lied to. Somene should explain...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-11-30 at 01:03 PM.

i pictured Ashran as this big open area (like it is now) but the bonus objectives being like, say, you run to where the ogres are and you have to jump into the pit and the first faction to kill 50 of the other faction gets some ogre help. Or , you go to the gorens and run mine carts out of the mine and from that you get increased damage and better equip guards. Meanwhile in the middle, its mostly an NPC vs NPC fight, with a few players just to keep their npcs up and help clear the other side (like a moba game)

Then, I remember hearing one dev saying "its like a moba, but the players are the creep waves" and i just thought "what...?" We've had mass scale pvp before. Everywhere it crops up, it fails miserably and few like it.

AV we had it, and in AV we saw how personal skill was nullified, gear and numbers were paramount. We saw how melee were useless and aoe classes were best.

IoC we had it, and in AV we saw how personal skill was nullified, gear and numbers were paramount. We saw how melee were useless and aoe classes were best.

We had the same in SS vs TM, it is the same reason mass scale WPVP is boring beyond belief. It is the reason no one enjoys AV, it is the reason no one enjoys IoC. It even spills

The more players you are surrounded by, the less important you become. At 40 players, your skill means zero. You could put the best warrior in the world in a 40 man IoC and he would die to the mass zerg just as fast as some swifty retard.

TL;DR: Has the same problems that led to the changes of AV, has the same problems large scale pvp always had. Nothing has changed.

Even if i'm not a real pvper, i just like to do some bgs from time to time, i was entrigued by the initial statement of what ashran should have been. Well, i didn't find a single thing, and i just played it for a couple of night to get some honor while my side was smashing the opposite, then i never joined it again.
    Too many problem with it and i don't understand how they couldn't see them coming:
    The area is too small for the number of player that can join, it's just a zerg fest on the main road, 24h a day, and you wont ever find a "small group" of player to engage, just go middle and spam your best AOE while waiting to die and respawn, AV it's honestly better with the different objectives that force the group to split.
    While the idea of mob helping you through the fight is ideally awesome, having 2 pacific rim's mechas fighting middle map, 2-shotting everything that it's not another NPC it's just plain stupid, where is the fun? spam healing to keep them alive?
    The battle "segments" are too short, i feel like being at the Postal office, get your ticket, the average time for beeing served it's 7 minutes, then the next cage will be open.
    It's really sad that an idea that could have led to a decent world pvp zone, it's just boring if not frustrating to play. Seems they took out the good part of WG and TB to create a mindless zerg area.
    Last edited by Shawyr; 2014-11-30 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Then, I remember hearing one dev saying "its like a moba, but the players are the creep waves" and i just thought "what...?" We've had mass scale pvp before. Everywhere it crops up, it fails miserably and few like it.
    I never read this, and never really thought of it like this but...

That is a damn accurate description. It also kind of makes me sad to think of it like that.