Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,258
    I haven't seen either side win in well over a week. That's not to say neither hasn't won it in the middle of the night or at 10 in the morning or something. But I've personally not seen either side win. Even with two raids full of players, fangral, a half dozen captains, and someone with the artifact neither side can punch through the other sides front gate for more than a few seconds before it all goes to hell from the opposite factions NPCs and several raids worth of players.

    We basically swing back and forth from one faction's main gate to the others, and back again.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  2. #282
    Deleted
    can someone from outland alliance (EU) tell me what your queue times are like for ashran?

  3. #283
    Some changes seem to have gone in. Getting CP from downing the the big elemental guys. And I got CP from Tremblade even though I was dead when he went down.

    Does Earth Shield work on the elemental bosses? It never seemed to proc on Groot.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

  4. #284
    It's not only Ashran, there are LOTS of beta feedback, in waves, hard yelled, that I saw Blizzard ignoring.
    What Blizzard REALLY have to ignore are the "old-school" developers that think that for something to work all you need is lock some important reward behind it, and people will find a way to reach it.

    Ashran MUST be the proof that it doesn't work, and they must let those developers go, after this. It's confusing, funneling, bugged, and the worst of all was changing the hubs of such good places as Bladespire and Karabor to the outskirst of Ashran to try a little more push into that crap.... It was a failure.

    The structures of Bladespire and Karabor scream of organized cities, the outskirts of Ashran are so confusing that sometimes I still can't find a specific NPC. I know NONE of my hearthstones are at Ashran.

    I hope Ashran was the swam cry for those crappy developers that lock important stuff behind crappy tasks, and call it a success, because "people still pursue".
    I bet most of you stopped to choose the apexis daily of Ashran in last week.

  5. #285
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    can someone from outland alliance (EU) tell me what your queue times are like for ashran?
    You can bug yourself into Ashran on alliance with far more ease than on horde.

  6. #286
    Legendary! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    6,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    It's not only Ashran, there are LOTS of beta feedback, in waves, hard yelled, that I saw Blizzard ignoring.
    What Blizzard REALLY have to ignore are the "old-school" developers that think that for something to work all you need is lock some important reward behind it, and people will find a way to reach it.

    Ashran MUST be the proof that it doesn't work, and they must let those developers go, after this. It's confusing, funneling, bugged, and the worst of all was changing the hubs of such good places as Bladespire and Karabor to the outskirst of Ashran to try a little more push into that crap.... It was a failure.

    The structures of Bladespire and Karabor scream of organized cities, the outskirts of Ashran are so confusing that sometimes I still can't find a specific NPC. I know NONE of my hearthstones are at Ashran.

    I hope Ashran was the swam cry for those crappy developers that lock important stuff behind crappy tasks, and call it a success, because "people still pursue".
    I bet most of you stopped to choose the apexis daily of Ashran in last week.
    It sounds awfully like the producers that made The Sims 4 too.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  7. #287
    Asshran is rly big disappointment. But fixing is so easy yet blizz ignore all kind of feedback...
    1. Make asshran BG, remove rewards so its instanced and able to get more ppl in. = que times solved
    2. Allow blacklist 3 BGs = strategy fixed
    3. ...
    4. Profit

  8. #288
    I find ashran a hilarious disapointment for a number of reasons.

    1. This is why we didn't get true capital cities.
    2. They didn't have the foresight to see this would play out as a massive zerg with faction imbalance.
    3. The zone itself has as much to do with PvE mechanics as it does with killing players. Probably done to try to entice PvE players.
    4. Blizzard didn't even have enough faith in the zone to be popular without requiring people to participate.

  9. #289
    The Lightbringer Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,740
    I have yet to get into Ashran since the start of the expansion. Played 4 hours last night and my Ashran queue didn't pop so I ended up going to bed.

  10. #290
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Odd it is the polar opposite for me, this is what typical battles from Alliance side looks like;



    It is just like BGs there is absolutely no semblance of balance.
    Just out of interest, what do those numbers mean when it says next to the alliance shield "enemies slain 201/1000" does it mean that there are 1000 horde and the alliance got 201 kills? Whereas the 702/800 next to the horde shield means there are 800 alliance and the horde got 702 kills?

    When it says "next battle 00:05" what constitutes a "battle"? The time between when the generals both spawn and one is killed?

    On-topic - I agree with most of the posters here, the queues are just silly given the 200 CP extra cap. I queued for hours last night, even took up fishing (the Level 3 fishing achievement is pretty insane) but it was just too boring and so I switched to an alt. I want 200 extra CP a week, but I don't want to spend hours idling in order to get.

  11. #291
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Just out of interest, what do those numbers mean when it says next to the alliance shield "enemies slain 201/1000" does it mean that there are 1000 horde and the alliance got 201 kills? Whereas the 702/800 next to the horde shield means there are 800 alliance and the horde got 702 kills?

    When it says "next battle 00:05" what constitutes a "battle"? The time between when the generals both spawn and one is killed?

    On-topic - I agree with most of the posters here, the queues are just silly given the 200 CP extra cap. I queued for hours last night, even took up fishing (the Level 3 fishing achievement is pretty insane) but it was just too boring and so I switched to an alt. I want 200 extra CP a week, but I don't want to spend hours idling in order to get.

    as far as i know, it means that alliance have killed 200 horde since that battle started, and when they kill 1000 they meet their objective, i think they get a special npc or something once they reach 1000 kills.

    as for the battles, it has the objective at the top, and a faction has to complete that objective before the time runs out, usually the alliance/horde needs to capture this area or kill the general, i don't know what happens if you complete it. but if its not completed i think it reverts to the previous objective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •