Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    This, this so much. They didn't give us a single new battleground because "Ashran". It was supposed to be the new battleground, an epic battle in the style of old Alterac. Instead it turned into a complete and utter shithole. I'm not even kidding, this is literarely the worst thing I've seen in the entirety of WoW. It's not even PvP for crying out loud, it's PvE with some occasional PvP, like a CRZ'd timeless isle.

You get the vast mayority of honor, conquest points and other stuff by completing ignoring the actual battle from the side objectives. Occasionally you can go grab one of the events for some bonus stuff. If you actually participate in the "battle" and pushing the lane you barely get any rewards, they also seem to be bugged to the point that even killing Grandmarshall Whatshername might not give you any rewards (you often don't get the strongboxes from the bonus events either).

The worst part is though, that investing as little effort as possible actually yields the best rewards. If you actually actively push, deal damage and heal you're far more likely to draw aggro from the bosses/big npcs and if you die you get naught because by the time you'll have run back they're usually down. Well not entirely correct, you often get durability loss as if you had died in a raid.

Ashran isn't PvP, Ashran isn't fun, Ashran is poorly thought out, most of it was already being criticized during the beta. The only saving grace of Ashran is the insane honor gain. You can be geared in a single day. Expect it to be nerfed.

And they didn't give us new battlegrounds, because of this piece of crap.
    That is also pretty damn disappointing because supposedly development time for Ashran took away potentially making Karabor/Bladespire as capital cities too.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Many of the npcs are designed to be taken down by armies with tanks, you are getting one shot by npcs because you are playing wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That is also pretty damn disappointing because supposedly development time for Ashran took away potentially making Karabor/Bladespire as capital cities too.
    It's so ill thought out it's unbelievable, if there were anything approaching equal numbers Tremblade for example would never die. The worst part? You most of the time don't even get the supposed reward you should get. Because apparently you before killing her have to kill some others like Harrison Jones. Just that Harrison Jones is tucket in the most far away corner way behind her.

So since I haven't finished that objective, he's surrounded with guards who melee for 150k (and do 5% durability damage when they kill you in 3 hits top) I'm apparently barred from getting the reward for her.

Ashran is worse than the 1 vs 200 WSG was, by a large margin. It's the most gigantic waste of time and resources they've ever done and the one in charge of it should be fired asap. It's not even remotely approaching being PvP for crying out loud.

Nice thread but I'm wondering why people want blizzard to make new bgs so badly. I'd rather have them implement a couple more bans so that you can actually ban some of the "new bg" goodness as horde without getting AV / Isle all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Wait what?
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...bonus-conquest
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogie View Post
    Many of the npcs are designed to be taken down by armies with tanks, you are getting one shot by npcs because you are playing wrong.
    Except people aren't getting grouped up and since it's supposed to be a PvP zone it shouldn't require tanks tanking pretty much every damn NPC beyond a certain point. We had raids and dungeons and group PvE quests for that also.

I dont think that anything that requires a large amount of players at level 100 can be assessed yet because here are relatively few level 100 players compared to how many there will be. Plus, for many the first thing they do is not going to be Ashran. So wait a few weeks to decide how good or bad Ashran (or any new content, really) is.
    On a side note, more BGs would be cool. But I kind of see Ashran as having a bunch of mini BGs (aside from the main goal of killing the other faction leader, like the racing event, just to name one).

Deleted
    Ashran is not a PVP zone.

It's Arcavon in an outside setting where sometimes an ennemy player shows up and gets destroyed by 40 people zerging a boss for easy loot.

How this made it out of Beta I'll never know.

Except people aren't getting grouped up and since it's supposed to be a PvP zone it shouldn't require tanks tanking pretty much every damn NPC beyond a certain point. We had raids and dungeons and group PvE quests for that also.
    It's not a pure pvp zone, I'm sure some people can solo them with slightly better gear and they can all be zerged down. It just sounds like you are mad because you died.

You can make a group you know. I think its better to not force groups because then players may organize more, and I hate being forced into a group when i just want to go in solo or with a small group of friends.

I had a lot of fun in Ashran on beta. It isn't for everyone but that doesn't mean it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Ashran is not a PVP zone.

It's Arcavon in an outside setting where sometimes an ennemy player shows up and gets destroyed by 40 people zerging a boss for easy loot.

How this made it out of Beta I'll never know.
    Holinka's pet project. That's how.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLedge View Post
    Watched the live stream of Blizzard presenting Ashran a while back ... realised it was another PvE-based PvP environment, still not stepped foot in the place.

Yet another complete waste of resources and time by Blizzard (another being the awesome garrisons).
    Poor execution I would argue than a waste of time and resources.
    Really what sort of game would we have if blizzard hadn't stretched out into new things and made mistakes that they learned from.
    Arguable if they learned from every mistake, but some they certainly have.

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Under geared players getting slaughtered by npcs: check
    Alliance out number horde by shit ton amount: check
    Alliance summon giant tree thing and steamroll horde: check
    Massive Zerg down the middle while few do as they please: check

Sounds like old school AV to me. In a couple months, everyone and their grandmother will be in epic gear of awesome sauce and roll over the NPC's. Calm the fuck down.

Ps, the repair cost shit has got to go tho or I won't step foot in there.
    Last edited by alt-ithist; 2014-11-16 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

This thread is making me laugh so hard. The expansion came out not even a week ago and you people expect Ashran to run like it should? Most people aren't even level 100 not to mention all the server problems that are going on. Calm the fuck down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This thread is making me laugh so hard. The expansion came out not even a week ago and you people expect Ashran to run like it should? Most people aren't even level 100 not to mention all the server problems that are going on. Calm the fuck down.
    People have made feedback about Ashran being in this disappointing state in Beta, and Blizzard apparently hasn't taken that feedback into much consideration.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogie View Post
    It's not a pure pvp zone, I'm sure some people can solo them with slightly better gear and they can all be zerged down. It just sounds like you are mad because you died.
    Here's the thing, it's supposed to be a PvP zone with side objects. It's not an PvE zone, was never meant to. All the other objects solely exist to hand out other buffs/honor/provide bonus objectives. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PURE PVP ZONE. What it ended up as is debatable. The whole "you mad" makes you seem childish.

You can make a group you know. I think its better to not force groups because then players may organize more, and I hate being forced into a group when i just want to go in solo or with a small group of friends.
    You can do either of those even while assigned to a zone wide PvP group. It's a PvP zone. When you queue for a BG you can't leave that group either and for good reasons.

I had a lot of fun in Ashran on beta. It isn't for everyone but that doesn't mean it's shit.
    Yes it is. It's atrociously bad for what it's supposed to be, it's unfinished, bugged as hell and poorly thought through.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Sounds like old school AV to me. In a couple months, everyone and their grandmother will be in epic gear of awesome sauce and roll over the NPC's. Calm the fuck down.

Ps, the repair cost shit has got to go tho or I won't step foot in there.
    Dude, the gladiator guards melee for 150k non crit. They tear through anyone but a tank in seconds and they're far from the biggest guys around. There's nothing to calm down about, this is atrociously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Wat? This isn't alpha or beta, it's live. Stuff is supposed to work on live and not be completely bug ridden and broken. We're not play testing, this is the actual finished product. Please get a clue.

On topic. Took the Blizzard apologists long enough to show up but now they're finally here and we can have a constructive discussion about how we shouldn't expect the finished thing to be actually somewhat bug free, working and decent.

Wat? This isn't alpha or beta, it's live. Stuff is supposed to work on live and not be completely bug ridden and broken. We're not play testing, this is the actual finished product. Please get a clue.
    Is there any bugs in Ashran right now (outside of repair bills)?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Repair bills, people not getting the rewards for doing the objectives like killing Grandmarshall Whatshername, CRZ that's supposed to even out server populations not working, often you end up with no strongbox despite it showing as a reward, sometimes the whole objectives thing bugs out (killing the priests caused my entire monitor to light up and get stuck on that for quite some time then it went back to the kill 5 priests). This is really just the peak of the iceberg also. ;(

Edit, oh yeah you don't get the achievments for killing Grandmarshell Whatshername either, neither a lot of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Repair bills, people not getting the rewards for doing the objectives like killing Grandmarshall Whatshername, CRZ that's supposed to even out server populations not working, often you end up with no strongbox despite it showing as a reward, sometimes the whole objectives thing bugs out (killing the priests caused my entire monitor to light up and get stuck on that for quite some time then it went back to the kill 5 priests). This is really just the peak of the iceberg also. ;(

Edit, oh yeah you don't get the achievments for killing Grandmarshell Whatshername either, neither a lot of others.
    There are also reports that players flat out can't even get INTO Ashran on certain realms, maybe due to CRZ not being implemented yet.

It also doesn't help that the PvP vendors are INSIDE Ashran, meaning that you're either stuck in a queue to get in if you're the dominant faction, or your PvP vendors are constantly dead if you're the losing faction.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2014-11-16 at 10:50 PM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Well, that sucks. On a related note, currently our Ashran is filled Horde side with people, so nobody can get in to buy the pvp gear. The Alliance can't either but that's mostly because their base is under constant siege from people trying to get the reward for killing Grandmarshall "I'm bugged and give no reward" Whatshername.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be cross-realm... just broken atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne