Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

is there few ppl in here that hear a random glutch noise while playing?

since wod launch i hear a random glutch noise like a weapon swing.
    sometimes it does it every other minute other times every 15-40seconds....
    sound like http://www.wowhead.com/sound=955/mace2h-armorflesh

the 2nd 1.

(Noise can be mute or lower down by turning the dialog option on your sound menu)
    Last edited by yunito; 2014-11-17 at 04:48 AM.

Yes, I've noticed it happening every so often as well. No idea why tho

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    When leveling my mate and I noticed a constant frog croaking noise. relogging fixed it though.

Oh my god I've been hearing this too. It's been driving me insane!

Deleted
    I've been getting that too. Not nearly as frequently as you, maybe every couple of hours or so, but yeah, exactly that sound. I'm really glad it's not just me tbh!

10+ Year Old Account
    well a search i wow forums there a few topic about the bug.
    this 1 here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269687701
    has the tip that if you lower dialog or turn it off you dont hear it anymore. (work for me)
    there more ppl that hear it but don't really post about it . so for that 1 person who do there probably 4+ ppl who also has same issue.
    some don't notice it due having sound off(hearing music ect)

I think it when there is a garrison update - new mission added, etc. I haven't proved that though. It has been driving me nuts, too.

Yes, same "weapon swing" type noise. Relogging didn't help and persisted through server restart.

I only hear it in Frostfire Ridge.

I think it's because of the buff you get in frostfire ridge from the Frostwolves reapplying everytime you zone in or out of a certain area....or reapplying randomly. Either way seeing as it's the only zone with that buff I'd put money on it.

Holy crap there are others! Friends on vent have been making fun of me the last couple days... Sound is so annoying

i heard this a lot in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i heard this a lot in beta.
    Glad it god fixed!

I heard this every now and then while questing in Frostfire Ridge.

Someone in General chat said it's caused by a quest in which someone (or something) is Sapped. This sound is heard by everyone, at least in Frostfire, so each time soneone does that quest and the person/npc gets sapped, everyone hears the sound (a low thunk).

I don't know which quest it is, but he/she said it was a lvl 94 quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Getting that glitch too. Weapon swing sound when moving around in FFR. 2 explanations given in this thread already. Which one is he correct one?

Haven't heard that sound, but everything I pull something I hear "You will die..." And it's really starting to freak me out/bugging me D:

10+ Year Old Account
    its a Rogue going around sapping everyone...but his hit rating seem up to shit ever since Hit was removed from the game

Not sure if anyone has said it yet, didn't read the whole thread, the noise is the frostfire ridge shamanstone buff being applied/taken off when you enter certain areas or leave/enter the zone/

Quote Originally Posted by Viloc View Post
    Not sure if anyone has said it yet, didn't read the whole thread, the noise is the frostfire ridge shamanstone buff being applied/taken off when you enter certain areas or leave/enter the zone/
    It's not the shamanstone buff, as the sound also appears when you're not leaving or entering zones.

It is actually caused by this quest (thanks onedirection) in which someone is Sapped. For some reason, the sound of the Sap can be heard across at least the whole of Frostfire Ridge, so each time soneone does that quest and the person/npc gets sapped, everyone hears the sound (a low thunk).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.