Deleted

Grimoire - Destruction

Hello fellow Warlocks,

I have reached level 100 two days ago and I have been playing around with the different Grimoires, but I can't really get to a point at which I can say: "This one is the best right now".

As for my level 100 talent, I took Cataclysm. It is very good on AoE, but I started to notice that Cataclysm also does very good single-target DPS on bossfights so I am not sure whether I should pick this spell up in my single-target rotation as well.

As for stats, I keep reading different things everywhere... Some say Mastery > anything, some say Crit and some even say Multistrike.

Now the reason for me to create this thread is to ask your advice and to start a possible discussion on what would be the best things to do..
    I'd like to ask and discuss about the following three points:

-What grimoire seems to be the best to use now, and why?
    -Should we pick up Cataclysm in our single target rotation, even though we got the Draenor perk that increases the initial damage of Immolate?
    -What stat priority should aim for as Destruction?

I have always considered myself to be quite good at Warlocks, but I am getting to a point of frustration right now because everything keeps saying something different and I don't trust Noxxic for one bit.
    I am confused and hopefully we can help eachother out here on this thread.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    Hello fellow Warlocks,

I have reached level 100 two days ago and I have been playing around with the different Grimoires, but I can't really get to a point at which I can say: "This one is the best right now".

As for my level 100 talent, I took Cataclysm. It is very good on AoE, but I started to notice that Cataclysm also does very good single-target DPS on bossfights so I am not sure whether I should pick this spell up in my single-target rotation as well.

As for stats, I keep reading different things everywhere... Some say Mastery > anything, some say Crit and some even say Multistrike.

Now the reason for me to create this thread is to ask your advice and to start a possible discussion on what would be the best things to do..
    I'd like to ask and discuss about the following three points:

-What grimoire seems to be the best to use now, and why?
    -Should we pick up Cataclysm in our single target rotation, even though we got the Draenor perk that increases the initial damage of Immolate?
    -What stat priority should aim for as Destruction?

I have always considered myself to be quite good at Warlocks, but I am getting to a point of frustration right now because everything keeps saying something different and I don't trust Noxxic for one bit.
    I am confused and hopefully we can help eachother out here on this thread.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it.
    Take Supremacy/Servitude it's our best combination at the moment for Destruction, I think Cataclysm > Serv if targets >= 4.

Deleted
    Thank you good sir.
    But am I still confused when it comes down to stats priority. I don't know if I should aim for Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Versatlity // Haste or Multstrike > Crit > Mastery > Versatility // Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    Thank you good sir.
    But am I still confused when it comes down to stats priority. I don't know if I should aim for Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Versatlity // Haste or Multstrike > Crit > Mastery > Versatility // Haste.
    In general Crit/Haste/Multistrike are all very good stats for single target damage, especially Crit since it means more time to generate mana since we're essentially mana capped right now.

That said, Mastery is still the boss of all bosses whenever we have even a little bit of an opportunity to game Shadowburn ember generation off of adds.

Also, this kind of discussion is best to be in the destruction sticky, since it's spec specific and extremely topical to the sorts of things the guide talks about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Also, this kind of discussion is best to be in the destruction sticky, since it's spec specific and extremely topical to the sorts of things the guide talks about.
    This, Brusalk made the Destro guide and we all usually have a good discussion over there, it can be found the top of the Warlock MMOC Class Forums. To answer your stat question, I am going C > M > MS > H > VS since most bosses do not have more than 4 targets.