Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    switched to chi explosion the other day after messing around with hurricane kick for a bit - it's not bad, but it's taking me a little while to get to grips with the micro management of chi.

wouldn't be so bad if i had more haste to be able to build up chi a little quicker, but i'm kinda lacking on gear, so will see how it feels once i hit heroics and high ilvls (currently 612)

think i should have a play with serenity... i've got six chi, can get it built up fairly quickly, popping serenity then spamming BoK might work alright, but it's an extra button i dont need.

dammit i'm caught between an extra button i dont want, or extra chi management i dont want. can i go back to MoP? or have hurricane kick replace SCK and use chi for additional damage or something...
    Last edited by smokii; 2014-11-20 at 09:56 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So why did you start playing it knowing it has multiple, hell it started out with 3x TP back at the start of MoP.
    I said that i liked those aspects of the class least, not that they made the class unplayable for me. I liked the rapid fire playstyle of the class in MoP and being in half a dozen places at once with WW's exceptional movement abilities. But maintenance buffs (TeB, TS, BoK) are, and always will be a shit mechanic.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-11-20 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, after playing a little bit more I'm liking Hurricane Strikes more for some reason. Idk, it's perhaps because it feels more true to MoP gameplay than Serenity does.

Idk, I just don't enjoy the spammines Serenity provides. Completely ignoring energy and what not. If anything they should've made it reduce the chi cost of all your abilities by 1 or something.

ChiEx still doesn't feel right. It's fun to mess around with. Heck, I did a 47k crit with it in PvP on a plate DPS, but that's about the only fun it provides. Hurricane Strikes does insane dmg in the 2 seconds it ticks for. It does like 30%~ of someone's hp which is insane. Serenity is supposedly the best talent to pick, but I honestly think it's situational (speaking all PvP here). When fighting a healer who's alone and doesn't know how to peel for himself Serenity with full stacks is literally unhealable damage, but start to get kited and I feel like Hurricane Strikes might actually be a better choice as it does roughly 60-80k~ damage on its own an unstacked target. I'm unsure though if it splits damage since the tooltip isn't that clear about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Honestly, after playing a little bit more I'm liking Hurricane Strikes more for some reason. Idk, it's perhaps because it feels more true to MoP gameplay than Serenity does.

Idk, I just don't enjoy the spammines Serenity provides. Completely ignoring energy and what not. If anything they should've made it reduce the chi cost of all your abilities by 1 or something.

ChiEx still doesn't feel right. It's fun to mess around with. Heck, I did a 47k crit with it in PvP on a plate DPS, but that's about the only fun it provides. Hurricane Strikes does insane dmg in the 2 seconds it ticks for. It does like 30%~ of someone's hp which is insane. Serenity is supposedly the best talent to pick, but I honestly think it's situational (speaking all PvP here). When fighting a healer who's alone and doesn't know how to peel for himself Serenity with full stacks is literally unhealable damage, but start to get kited and I feel like Hurricane Strikes might actually be a better choice as it does roughly 60-80k~ damage on its own an unstacked target. I'm unsure though if it splits damage since the tooltip isn't that clear about it.
    I was of the opinion that HS was the better option for PvP. PvE however, it doesn't compare to Serenity / ChEx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Struggling to use Chi Explosion, maybe I'm too low haste.

Right now for me best talent is Serenity, just feel it provides me some burst damage while not starving me of chi like Chi Explosion.

I have changed my mind on Chi explosion.

First for wind walker....

I was looking at my damage and Blackout kick really isn't doing much anyway... so Serenity doesn't appear to be as good as I thought. I started focusing on using Chi explosion on 3 chi or more because of the TEB. In my current poor gear I can get 7-9 chi explosions off with 3 chi or more every 1.5minutes. The most I can get out of serenity is 10 BK/RSK which is 5 TEB.

So Chi explosion is more damage, more TEB, and better aoe but at the cost of being slightly harder to pull off correctly. This is very similar to the talent ferals where using at 90 to boost damage but at the cost of being harder to manage.

Now for Brewmaster...

Basically the same deal here. The focus is on only using Chi explosion at 3 chi but it is less punishing to use it at 4 when not needed. For brewmaster these talents are closer to situational. In the long run if you can use it at 3 chi explosion gets you more purifies/shuffle. So if you are going to take steady damage and/or need to AoE then Chi explosion is better. Serenity is better if there are short periods of burst damage with big downtime between (BK can be spammed while using purify and guard).