Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    That is how it works at the moment. The world server for Draenor is down, so I tested this on my alt, a level 90 priest.

Here's two screenshots, one of casting FH once, and one casting it twice. I'm completely naked so it's only the basic 10.4% mastery.

One thing you notice in the first is that EoL ticks twice, but in the other ticks thrice. Just doing the math, 10.4% of 1498 is 155.79, which is roughly the 156 healing(2*78) you see from EoL. In the other, the three ticks amount to a total healing of 312 over 3 ticks. 10.4% of 2*1498 is 311.58, so still pretty close.

What this shows however is that the healing from both FHs are incorporated into EoL.
    Ah I see, instead of increasing the intensity of the hot, the duration increases instead.

That makes mastery good in 5 mans, but have a deflated value in raids because of the way EoL interacts with renew, which I checked and it still only applies to the RR portion of Renew.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-11-19 at 08:41 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsun1g View Post
    Hey!

So, after a realization that Disc is not at its best shape atm, I'm trying to get my head around Holy. The "Holy-way" of healing excites me, it's not "smite till you break your keyboard" like Disc was at some point in MoP, but rather a series of choices.

What I'm wondering about, is if anyone have found the proper statweights to Holy (i.e. in Askmrrobot).
    AFAIK, the prio is Spirit>MS>Mastery>Haste>>>Crit>Versatility, and maybe try to weave in a sweet amount of haste before you go balls deep MS/mastery, since some casting speed seem to be great. I know there are no more breakpoints for haste, but there are still sweetspots of desire, right? Anyone found this? Anyone care to share?

Kind regards
    Sunsun
    Disc is great.
    Haste > MS >> Crit >>> Mastery.
    Spirit is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Ah I see, instead of increasing the intensity of the hot, the duration increases instead.

That makes mastery good in 5 mans, but have a deflated value in raids because of the way EoL interacts with renew, which I checked and it still only applies to the RR portion of Renew.
    It's not quite that simple. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I imagine that'd be a matter of looking up ignite mechanics since they work off the same basic mechanic. But as you can see in the second picture, it not only ticks more times, it also heals for more each time, despite all three FHs heal for the same amount.

It's not quite that simple. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I imagine that'd be a matter of looking up ignite mechanics since they work off the same basic mechanic. But as you can see in the second picture, it not only ticks more times, it also heals for more each time, despite all three FHs heal for the same amount.
    Well, I was just looking at the intensity for the most part yesterday, and I only noticed the additional tick today.

Still, Mastery isn't going to be my go-to stat after MS purely because of how it interacts with Renew.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Still, Mastery isn't going to be my go-to stat after MS purely because of how it interacts with Renew.
    In a raid setting Mastery is not better than haste. There may be a point for dungeons since you're hardcasting more spells, but then again fights are short and haste also increases healing done by speeding up the heals, plus it increases Renew healing.

In a raid setting Mastery is not better than haste. There may be a point for dungeons since you're hardcasting more spells, but then again fights are short and haste also increases healing done by speeding up the heals, plus it increases Renew healing.
    Mhmm, that's exactly what I said.

Mhmm, that's exactly what I said.
    Quoting someone does not necessarily imply disagreement with the one being quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    Like almost all HoTs and DoTs in the game, EoL updates dynamically.
    EoL is not a traditional hot or dot. It's like ignite, which it's updated dynamically, only when new spells are cast that add value to it.

EoL has three parts: A value, a duration, and timing of ticks. The duration is reset whenever a pertaining heal lands, and the value is increased; timing of ticks is only set when there is no EoL already on the target. Each tick decreases the value and the value of the ticks is calculated by dividing the value through the number of ticks that fall inside the duration.

The second screenshot was a special case where the second heal hits some time after the second but still before the first tick of EoL. Thus the second heal extends the duration without changing the timing of the ticks and you end up with extra ticks.

You will not be able to sustain mana with haste, Mastery is going to give more heals per mana cost, you can add in haste has spirit increases, go try and heal MC and you will see. Despite it being a larger group you still will use the same spells you would in 20m. Mana is a huge issue.