Deleted

Garrison follower missions - useless reward missions

So all my level 100 missions now have useless rewards like gold or low item level gear, should I do them to get rid of them(ideally I don't want to waste the PRECIOUS garrison resources) or will they go away eventually if I pretend they're not there?

They'll go away

In beta missions would last a week before they disappeared. You're better off just doing them so you get new ones instantly
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

bump - I really need to have higher gear missions. All of the gear is wayyyy below my iLevel. Seems a very large percentage of missions are useless to me and just taking up room. How do you start getting higher level gear for yourself (not followers)?

by having higher ilvl followers. ilvl 600 followers (standard) gives you ilvl 615 gear mission. ilvl 615 followers give you ilvl 630 missions. ilvl 630 followers give you ilvl 645 and above missions. and i believe (but not certain), that ilvl 645 followers will be required to do BRF raid missions once they unlock.

edit: ofc you can still be unlucky and get huge ammounts of low ilvl gear missions, since you aren't guaranteed higher ilvl missions by having higher ilvl followers.. they are just required to be able to get them at all.

With my mage's 24 followers all level 100, they have an average of ilvl 630.
    I still occasionally get the level 98 missions with the ilvl 580 character gear because I keep a single level 90 locked (using Master Plan) to get the level 90 exploration missions.
    If there's a lower level mission on the list, and I have the GR, I'll do it - the resulting gear is good for dust/shard or ~20 gold.

As far as I know the Highmaul missions (645 follower itemlevel needed) reward gear depending on how many bosses of a difficulty you killed, starting with ilvl 655.

10+ Year Old Account
    clear out the lv 100 (or higher) missions for Big Crates of salavage and start saving upgrades for patch 6.1

At 6.1 the highest ilv missions are 660 and the current cap for followers ilv is 655.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Do them for the Salvage man!

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Do them for the Salvage man!
    ^^This

I just do em all. That Salvage brings a lot of cash in the end plus you get new missons which will likely be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Milcheax View Post
    With my mage's 24 followers all level 100, they have an average of ilvl 630.
    I still occasionally get the level 98 missions with the ilvl 580 character gear because I keep a single level 90 locked (using Master Plan) to get the level 90 exploration missions.
    If there's a lower level mission on the list, and I have the GR, I'll do it - the resulting gear is good for dust/shard or ~20 gold.
    You still get 95-99 missions even if you only have level 100 followers.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You still get 95-99 missions even if you only have level 100 followers.
    But you don't get the 90s, which include more exploration missions, plus the Dance studio, Hearthstone, and the Follower retraining certificates.

Dunno how gold missions are useless, I make over 5k a day across all my characters doing just gold missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Milcheax View Post
    But you don't get the 90s, which include more exploration missions, plus the Dance studio, Hearthstone, and the Follower retraining certificates.
    There's also a 100 mission for follower retraining. And i keep getting the level 90 Legion Chili mission despite not having a single 90, so rare missions may not actually follow the same rules.

Pretty sure th e rare missions dont - all of my followers are 630 or better, and i still get level 90 rare missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Pretty sure th e rare missions dont - all of my followers are 630 or better, and i still get level 90 rare missions.
    They made that change a few weeks ago, I have 29- 655 followers and I still get 90 missions.

Do them anyway for the salvage. You can actually make a bit of money from the gold missions, and you can D/E the low level gear in your enchanting building.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know you can earn 500-1000g a day doing those gold missions once you have nothing but epic 645+ followers right?
    plus the salvage ofc...
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Niz View Post
    So all my level 100 missions now have useless rewards like gold or low item level gear, should I do them to get rid of them(ideally I don't want to waste the PRECIOUS garrison resources) or will they go away eventually if I pretend they're not there?
    As I've already built all my level 3 buildings I no longer need GR either so I still do the gold ones. Sometimes the gear ones to d/e.

If you still need GR then don't run any missions except maybe XP ones if you still have followers you want to level.

Quote Originally Posted by txrok View Post
    bump - I really need to have higher gear missions. All of the gear is wayyyy below my iLevel. Seems a very large percentage of missions are useless to me and just taking up room. How do you start getting higher level gear for yourself (not followers)?
    Most missions don't have gear on them, those are rare. If you have a salvage yard then running lots of level 100 missions will get you piles of salvage (also 95-100 but they aren't guaranteed) which gives you follower items which in turn unlocks higher ilvl missions. War mill helps too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I make a decent amount of gold disenchanting those blue gears / spamming any 95+ missions for salvage. Get tons of de fodder for WoD items, and I vendor / auction off anything older. Except stuff that DEs into hypnotic dust, that shit gets bought off the AH almost soon as I list it
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.