Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuffled View Post
    Care to define the 4th word in there for me?
    You can do it yourself. Holy Priests weren't changed much at all since their first iteration on beta till now and most fights will be mechanically identical to what they were in raid testing.

It's still your choice to plug your ears and whine away the facts if it makes you feel better.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitskii View Post
    At blizzcon Method used a holy priest in their raid, so it is viable. However i'm probably going to change, since disc is good for tank healing.

What's your opinion about holy in CM's so far?
    I don't really have an opinion on it, it is what it is. I think divine hymn is weak, I don't really enjoy healing cms with two melee dps which is what I have to do because friends. Overall I'd much prefer to play discipline, which I will be trying out today.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You can do it yourself. Holy Priests weren't changed much at all since their first iteration on beta till now and most fights will be mechanically identical to what they were in raid testing.

It's still your choice to plug your ears and whine away the facts if it makes you feel better.
    I'm simply not drawing conclusions before we see how gear scales, what the final forms of the raids are, and where class balance settles. Bears, for the most part, weren't doing 2m DPS on paragons till the item jump. I play Holy priest, and I'm excited to finally see a tier where I can probably raid as a holy priest. Waiting for the data though is not plugging my ears. Holy not being changed is irrelevant. When determining the best you have to weigh the changes of every class. I am no more plugging my ears than you are jumping to conclusions.

Regardless, we are very off topic. I can say that Holy is very strong in challenge modes, I prefer it to disc for them, and every priest I have looked at in the armory thus far seems to agree with me.
    Last edited by Shuffled; 2014-11-19 at 09:57 AM. Reason: thoguht of more to add I guess

I'm simply not drawing conclusions before we see how gear scales, what the final forms of the raids are, and where class balance settles. Bears, for the most part, weren't doing 2m DPS on paragons till the item jump. I play Holy priest, and I'm excited to finally see a tier where I can probably raid as a holy priest. Waiting for the data though is not plugging my ears.

Holy not being changed is irrelevant. When determining the best you have to weigh the changes of every class.
    Yeah, it's like saying you couldn't see disc becoming a monster in 5.4 because you didn't get to definitively test the changes out.

People can and will find out the best classes way before content actually launches. Maybe you should face reality for once.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Yeah, it's like saying you couldn't see disc becoming a monster in 5.4 because you didn't get to definitively test the changes out.

People can and will find out the best classes way before content actually launches. Maybe you should face reality for once.
    If you want to argue PM me. This is not constructive to a discussion on CM healing specs. My only point is that we do not have a reasonable amount of public data from which to extrapolate the conclusions that were made in this thread. I was a math and science major, if you want to convince me show me the numbers in a live environment.

If you want to argue PM me. This is not constructive to a discussion on CM healing specs. My only point is that we do not have a reasonable amount of public data from which to extrapolate the conclusions that were made in this thread. I was a math and science major, if you want to convince me show me the numbers in a live environment.
    Yeah sorry, the general healer community did not correctly predict that in 5.0, 5.2 and 5.4 that MWs, Hpallies and Disc were going into it as the top dogs. No they didn't.

Yeah sorry, the general healer community did not correctly predict that in 5.0, 5.2 and 5.4 that MWs, Hpallies and Disc were going into it as the top dogs. No they didn't.
    Again, we are not adding value to this thread. Would you like to discuss your preference of spec in CM healing?

Deleted
    Get a room guys

I tried skyreach CM as disc with some randoms and it was awful. Idk if it was problem with me or group, but we couldnt kill first boss. Is hps relevant? I was doing 26-28k hps and that was not enough to heal.

We could propably kill this with better dps. Average dps in my groups was ~11k, and i think it is a bit low for cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazylov View Post
    I tried skyreach CM as disc with some randoms and it was awful. Idk if it was problem with me or group, but we couldnt kill first boss. Is hps relevant? I was doing 26-28k hps and that was not enough to heal.

We could propably kill this with better dps. Average dps in my groups was ~11k, and i think it is a bit low for cm.
    Our tank and DPS each did 15-25k and I only took about 15k HPS. We did use lust here. Your output was insane for that fight. The only reasonable explanation is the DPS both stood in a ton of things, and performed suboptimal damage.

Again, we are not adding value to this thread. Would you like to discuss your preference of spec in CM healing?
    Ironic that the person who first changed the topic to healing in raids, was in fact you. So the question is: would YOU like to discuss your preference of spec in CM healing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bazylov View Post
    11k dps is SoO-level dps, and not even the good tier.

20k is the minimum I would say.

Well, we tried to do Skyreach with my guild today, and we got the 1st boss down with the 1st try. I was disc. We couldn't get past the 2nd boss though. We would wipe on 15% and after his 5th Pulse (aoe dmg ability, w/e it's called). Our hunter said that it is a DpS issue (our lock has 51~), and being gearcapped for it would solve it out. With that said, I am trying to find out anything about improving things from my side.

We started doing it traditionally: tanking it in the middle, dps get beams, rinse & repeat. I was discipline for most of the tries. I PW:S on WS cd on simply everyone, when I knew that there would be dmg (namely beams and pulse) and ofc on tank. I started the fight by giving everyone CoW to absorb the 1st Pulse completely, instructed my guys to use 1st small personal for 1st beams and then rotating their defensive cds until the end. While everyone seemingly was doing everything perfectly, aside from the occasional fail from all of us, we never managed to take it down. I went holy for a try, but I was feeling too uncomfortable after doing it as disc so many times, and I just swapped out.

Would Holy be a better choice for this? I hesitate with Holy because I always find myself unable to decide on SoL vs Solace:

SoL pretty much allows you to store charges to use for a near-emergency, or otherwise helps you consume less mana overall by using SoL for non-emergencies to generate Serendipity stacks, but Solace has an ofc much higher mana regen when used perfectly which is far from doable in practice, especially in extremely challenging content like CMs and such a demanding fight healing-wise, but the healing it provides is pretty much random. If you've done this as holy, what have you picked? It sucks so much that you can't change talents when inside. I was stuck with Spirit Shell as Disc too. Should I go PI as holy and just go mad with HpS?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Well, we tried to do Skyreach with my guild today, and we got the 1st boss down with the 1st try. I was disc. We couldn't get past the 2nd boss though. We would wipe on 15% and after his 5th Pulse (aoe dmg ability, w/e it's called). Our hunter said that it is a DpS issue (our lock has 51~), and being gearcapped for it would solve it out. With that said, I am trying to find out anything about improving things from my side.

We started doing it traditionally: tanking it in the middle, dps get beams, rinse & repeat. I was discipline for most of the tries. I PW:S on WS cd on simply everyone, when I knew that there would be dmg (namely beams and pulse) and ofc on tank. I started the fight by giving everyone CoW to absorb the 1st Pulse completely, instructed my guys to use 1st small personal for 1st beams and then rotating their defensive cds until the end. While everyone seemingly was doing everything perfectly, aside from the occasional fail from all of us, we never managed to take it down. I went holy for a try, but I was feeling too uncomfortable after doing it as disc so many times, and I just swapped out.

Would Holy be a better choice for this? I hesitate with Holy because I always find myself unable to decide on SoL vs Solace:

SoL pretty much allows you to store charges to use for a near-emergency, or otherwise helps you consume less mana overall by using SoL for non-emergencies to generate Serendipity stacks, but Solace has an ofc much higher mana regen when used perfectly which is far from doable in practice, especially in extremely challenging content like CMs and such a demanding fight healing-wise, but the healing it provides is pretty much random. If you've done this as holy, what have you picked? It sucks so much that you can't change talents when inside. I was stuck with Spirit Shell as Disc too. Should I go PI as holy and just go mad with HpS?
    I've done this fight 5 times now as holy. Theres no doubt in my mind it can be done as Disc, but I believe it to be easier and (at least for me) more comfortable as holy. I really like Surge of Light, though most are using Solace at the moment. I, personally, prefer the proc playstyle and it has amazing interaction with serendipity. The only difference between your strat and ours was we soaked beams between all 5 group members. I found when I did it at 620 that People don't need to be topped off - they just need to survive each ground slam. At 625 I was able to keep the group pretty high on health the entire time.

I used twist of fate. I really like that talent, and I get good uptime on it. I don't play around with the other talents in this tier for that reason. If you're not going for a medal you can zone out of the CM and change your talents.
    Last edited by Shuffled; 2014-11-19 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo that changed the meaning of a sentance. Then thought of a little more advice to add.

I've done this fight 5 times now as holy. Theres no doubt in my mind it can be done as Disc, but I believe it to be easier and (at least for me) more comfortable as holy. I really like Surge of Light, though most are using Solace at the moment. I, personally, prefer the proc playstyle and it was amazing interaction with serendipity. The only difference between your strat and ours was we soaked beams between all 5 group members. I found when I did it at 620 that People don't need to be topped off - they just need to survive each ground slam. At 625 I was able to keep the group pretty high on health the entire time.
    I realised that from the 1st try: "As long as no one dies to pulses instantly and does not die from the beam, we are cool". Thing is, we reached a point where Pulse would simply oneshot everyone below 50%. As Disc, what I did was: CoW first Pulse, Spirit Shell 2nd, 3rd or 4th depending on positioning of beams OR during beams to ease out anxiety levels, PW:S everyone before Pulse and during beam if possible or if missed because of no warning/countdown in DBM. What I realised afterwards was that I could use PW:B as simply a tank cd, which I failed to think of when we were trying.

Yeah, we were actually swapping it around, having our tank in a corner possibly taking a beam as well, but we all took beams. I also seem to prefer the synergy part of SoL for Holy. Indeed, in the try as Holy, I was thinking to myself: "Dude, wtf. I can actually make the bars fucking move, LOL". It is such a pleasant sight to witness your bars when you are finishing a PoH and immediately follow it up with CoH with no overhealing. I fucking love the feeling.

All in all... It seems like I'm scrapping Disc completely and going for Holy/Shadow just to do dailies alone and not ask help from the guild like a beggar, LOL. I DO find that Discipline could do some work, although even with full Archangel up, PoH is simply not worth it mana-wise. You do decent healing with AA+PoH even in CMs, but then you can do nothing else.

OH AND ANOTHER THING.

We also had tried doing Everbloom. We did 1st and 2nd boss, but we found it impossible to do the Spider. I was Holy for all of it, and in the spider, I was just... dumpfounded by the damage on the tank (who is an exceptional player as well). I started P2 with 90% mana and went: GS-> HW:S-> Flash Heal-> Flash Heal-> Heal, and I couldn't get him above 60%, while he was also using his defensives perfectly. I went OOM in that try before our hero went out. Any tips for the spider and the mage as well? The dmg is way too real xD I was ~625 for both instances. Tank was ~632 Blood.

We also had tried doing Everbloom. We did 1st and 2nd boss, but we found it impossible to do the Spider. I was Holy for all of it, and in the spider, I was just... dumpfounded by the damage on the tank (who is an exceptional player as well). I started P2 with 90% mana and went: GS-> HW:S-> Flash Heal-> Flash Heal-> Heal, and I couldn't get him above 60%, while he was also using his defensives perfectly. I went OOM in that try before our hero went out. Any tips for the spider and the mage as well? The dmg is way too real xD I was ~625 for both instances. Tank was ~632 Blood.
    What was your party composition?

What was your party composition?
    All Approx, but I think I remember everyone's ilvl correctly anyway.

Everbloom:
    632 Blood Death Knight
    625 Holy Priest
    631 Beast Mastery Hunter (we use Core Hound for Hero and then he swaps to spider)
    625 Marksmanship Hunter
    Can't remember 5th.

Skyreach:
    632 Blood Death Knight
    625 Discipline Priest
    631 Beast Mastery Hunter
    615 Destruction Warlock
    620 Arms/Gladiator Stance Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also worth noting is that I keep different gear sets for Disc and Holy. I keep multistrike & haste pieces for holy and crit plus mastery for Disc and swap around. Although that has been established after the CMs.

All Approx, but I think I remember everyone's ilvl correctly anyway.

Everbloom:
    632 Blood Death Knight
    625 Holy Priest
    631 Beast Mastery Hunter (we use Core Hound for Hero and then he swaps to spider)
    625 Marksmanship Hunter
    Can't remember 5th.

Skyreach:
    632 Blood Death Knight
    625 Discipline Priest
    631 Beast Mastery Hunter
    615 Destruction Warlock
    620 Arms/Gladiator Stance Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also worth noting is that I keep different gear sets for Disc and Holy. I keep multistrike & haste pieces for holy and crit plus mastery for Disc and swap around. Although that has been established after the CMs.
    When I ran mine, we had a ret pally for double sac, which solved a lot of the tank spikes, might want to give it some consideration.

My Character Link

- - - Updated - - -

When I ran mine, we had a ret pally for double sac, which solved a lot of the tank spikes, might want to give it some consideration.
    Hand of Sacrifice, huh? We got two really good paladins in the guild from the top of my head. I will hit my RL to try them out in CMs. TY <3

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be sure: the damage taken IS OVER THE FUCKING SKY, right? I am not the only one that thinks that's the case, riiight?

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me feel better.

I'm not even a Priest but healing Skyreach on my MW Monk was brutal.

It seems like group composition in MoP got you gold times. Group composition in WoD is the difference between endlessly wiping and killing a boss. We managed with a Ret Pally, Fury Warr, Frost DK and Blood DK tank but it seemed like we were beating a brick wall at some stages.

I won't be going back to any CM's without at least one raid cooldown and lust. It seriously is not worth the time to step inside a CM at the moment without a somewhat optimized group. Melee will be sitting a lot of content this expac if this trend keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    This makes me feel better.

I'm not even a Priest but healing Skyreach on my MW Monk was brutal.

It seems like group composition in MoP got you gold times. Group composition in WoD is the difference between endlessly wiping and killing a boss. We managed with a Ret Pally, Fury Warr, Frost DK and Blood DK tank but it seemed like we were beating a brick wall at some stages.

I won't be going back to any CM's without at least one raid cooldown and lust. It seriously is not worth the time to step inside a CM at the moment without a somewhat optimized group. Melee will be sitting a lot of content this expac if this trend keeps up.
    That is the case because CMs are now CMs without gems. You can't possibly compare the difficulty when people were going in CMs in MoP with 26 gem slots. In WoD, which hasn't yet been out for even a week, we are trying CMs with no food, flask or potion and with no gems. You are really 630.