Fishing up Lunkers with Nat

I've got Nat Pagle and he's just sitting at my fishing shack. I'm out in Nagrand and I've now fished up over 100 Enormous Fat Sleepers and so far no lunkers. If this is the same for all the fish it'll take hours everyday just to turn in the dailies. Finding the fish in Pandaria wasn't nearly this difficult. What's the point of being able to hold 5 of each fish if it takes an hour just to catch one. Apparently the catch rate is just a bit over 1%

I fished up 100 of each fish just to get Nat and I can't spend everyday fishing just to turn in 6 dailies.

Unless Nat is a follower (him sitting at the shack doesn't necessarily mean this), you don't have access to the repeatable fish turn-ins and you still need http://www.wowhead.com/item=116755 to catch them for the one quest he does offer.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    same for me. just got nat, put him in the fishing shack and tried to fish lunkers.... tough luck, lots of sabrefish and fire ammonites, but no lunker in sight.
    I may try ita again tomorrow before I open a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one fire ammonite lunker after getting Nat as a follower. I had to fish around 80-90 large fire ammonites before I got the lunker. I had 1100 skill (Squid hat, +200 lure and +100 rod).

I've done the quest and I no longer need his item because of the buff. I just can't image they've made it so difficult to catch the lunkers.

Just echoing the frustration with fishing up Lunkers.

There is no way that 1% is a good rarity for this going by the cost for Nat's new +50 fishing skill book, which would require you to catch ~35000 fish to power level an alt from 1-700 (compared to MoP's system of simply paying 9600g.) It takes a fraction of that number to reach skill 700 through manual fishing and is still not feasible when you consider going from ~300-700 with books.

It also doesn't make a lot of sense that you can't fish the Lunkers from pools when pool fishing is extremely impractical without flying mounts and the with implementation of the new lures. I feel like Blizzard may have gotten this completely backwards...

10+ Year Old Account
    This drop rate definitely can't be right. I'm having the same issues. I just unlocked Nat today, assigned him to my fishing hut and got to fishing. After a solid hour of fishing I've caught another 100 Enormous fish (could have got my achievement all over again) and not one single lunker.

And we're meant to catch 100 lunkers just for the mount? This will take tens of thousands of casts.

I'm averaging a Lunker about every 2 hours. It's absolutely hideous. I actually lost one to an "internal bag error" and the Postmaster didn't send me the lost fish. So that was lovely. As someone who collects both pets and mounts, I'm not looking forward to the 300+ hours of fishing this looks like it's going to take me.

On the bright side, the enormous time I've wasted trying to fish up Lunkers has directly led to me getting the Pathrunner and Silthide mounts. So that was nice. I highly suggest fishing with people who are camping the rare mounts so that you can all waste time on your respective hobbies together.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely they will have to increase the rate on this, it's a bit silly. I finally got my first one after an hour and a half.

The worst part is I already have enough fish just from unlocking Nat to last me for months and months, so it's not like all the fish I catch are even super useful to me. Guess I'll try and make something on the AH with them.

Picked up Nat this morning, I've had five lunkers at about a 3% rate. Have to agree, given the amount of work that went into getting him, the drop chance is ridiculously low for a rather underwhelming mount - it's barely different at anything other than a detailed glance and doesn't justify several dozen hours of further fishing. I'm already drowning in fish; I've levelled cooking, and made around 8k on the AH, but I've still got stacks of flesh

If we could get them in the garrison with bait, it would at least be an improvement, but farming the lunar fish without bait isn't helping my fish stock situation, I don't know know what to grind currently.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's pretty slow going. Had Nat for a few days now, caught 1 lunker and "lost" one thanks to auto loot feeling really slow in WOD (I'm used to being able to re-cast pretty quickly, but the auto-looting seems slower to register in WOD).

Going to take forever to get anything, not sure if I find that a problem though since there's a lack of any other rare fishing objectives / achievements like the turtle or dark herring to make fishing have the carrot on a stick that it needs.

126 casts before I got my first Blind Lake Lunker. Multiply by 225 for the amount of coins you'd need to buy everything but the skill book? That's 28,125 casts. By comparison, MoP fishing grind took approximately 1000 casts.

You've got to be kidding me. MoP "rare" fish to earn rep with Nat had a 5% drop rate. I have no problem with 20 or so casts per zone, even with the extra zones in Draenor (twice as many lunkers as there are quest fish from MoP). 100+ casts? That's just downright stupid.

If I remember correctly the MoP Nat Pagle fish also had terrible catch rates at first. To the point where I just abandoned them completely until their catch rate was buffed.

They've done a bit of a hit and miss with fishing in WoD. I like that fishing skill actually matters again. But the fishing shack in general seems pointless. The daily it offers is pointless, with pointless rewards. And of course the abysmal catch rates for the lunkers. Especially considering how much time you've spent to even be able to catch them.