Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowpriest damage?

How are Shadowpriest damage atm? Not in raid gear but heroic dungeon gear, on par with others? Good AOE?

Deleted
    AOE is really terrible, but singletarget is stronk! We got good burst damage on 3-4 targets as well

I'm playing my shadow in full PvE gear with ilvl 641 (bought some 665 epics from the ah, was lucky with invasion and CM dailies) with Insanity, Twist of Fate and CoP with dotweaving and i do 20k DPS on optimal dungeon encounters by then end of a fight on pure single target without off-dotting and I'm still not good at priority below 20% health.

Our Mind Sears hits like a wet noodle tho... 12k dps since we may not dot things up before searing, since we would lose the 40% damage increase.

Edit: almost forgot: i was doing this Nok wolf raremob some nights ago and did 23k dps on it cuz of how fast it dies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mind Sear is useless, but because almost every fight spawns small adds - Glyph of Mind Harvest (not on every boss, but on some) can actually work well here (along with our Enhanced Shadow Word: Death perk) to let you pump a lot of Devouring Plague into a boss - not to mention being able to start every heroic dungeon boss with 5 orbs. Depending on your groups kill speed, it can be advantageous to either run Twist of Fate (particularly for bosses with small adds frequently, or less-geared groups) or Power Infusion (for fast boss kills, particularly if your group has Bloodlust / high-burst classes).

There is too much to do to get much use out of Insanity, so Mindbender is often a better call just to free up some GCDs / get full use out of this talent choice. FDCL and DI suck. L90 talents suck.

We do well in Heroics overall - with the high damage of certain bosses right now, a glyphed vampiric embrace is often a life-saver and makes the whole run go much smoother, since you will have it up every boss, and there is at least one "oh shit" moment per boss fight that your healer will fall behind on (not their fault, heroics are just a little rough with everyone in greens/blues).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-11-20 at 07:33 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I am last in the damage meter every single HC... By a long way aswell. Atleast a million or two. In MoP I was top 3 every raid I did... Either my gear suck or they have changed Priest up massively the day WoD launched because it wasn't like this in the pre-patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    In MoP I was top 3 every raid I did
    lol sure if you were raiding with MM hunters and Arm warriors in 5.4. those were like the only specs shadow could beat consistently in 5.4 SoO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    I am last in the damage meter every single HC... By a long way aswell. Atleast a million or two. In MoP I was top 3 every raid I did... Either my gear suck or they have changed Priest up massively the day WoD launched because it wasn't like this in the pre-patch.
    They have changed the priest massively with the lvl 100 talents. CoP is the go to nowadays. I'd suggest reading up on it on icy-veins.com if you don't know much about it yet, might help you a lot before the raids open up.

I would advice especially reading the part on dot weaving. (yes, sw: p and vt are almost not used at single target)

what rotation are yall using to achieve ssuch dps, i know that ilvl has a part to plan into as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I loved how people nay-say'd the absolute hell out of that talent and now it's the go to for face melting. :P
    You don't really have a choice if you want to be competitive. The other two are not even close to it.

Been landing at 20-22k Dps on singletarget fights in CMs unless I fail at something (all caster buffs and Hero), and my stats are not really optimized for singletarget. Our burst is really weak, but our sustained dmg and especially our execute, is insanely strong. 60k SW crits that multistrike do put a smile on my face
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Shadow dmg is fine. The spec isnt ez mode anymore so all the baddies can't do well

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Shadow dmg is fine. The spec isnt ez mode anymore so all the baddies can't do well
    A level 98 hunter beat me on damage when I was level 100. I think I'm doing something wrong lol. Mashing buttons isn't working out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding scaling to be interesting - at 610 compared to 630-5ish now my damage is increasingly noticeably.

There's so many threads here and elsewhere though saying the same thing, but perhaps it bares repeating:

1) Mind Sear sucks - its rubbish

2) Our damage is really good if you dotweave correctly with CoP.

3) If you try and play 'old shadow' in dungeons, particularly with AS or Vent, yes, your damage will be poor.

Deleted
    Well getting kicked from dungeons cos of low aoe dps doesn't really feel that great ..And since hc's is like 80% trashfight i wont sayhat im enjoying it. Single target might be oki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your damage shouldn't be so bad you're getting kicked - though to be fair I run with guildies mostly.

I've been dotting off targets, spiking and blasting main target, then liberally using SW-D whenever I can. Dump your DP's into the kill target.

Once I can see dots falling off another target in a few seconds, I re-apply dots to the rest then spike/blast the next one. Sear is basically my talent if everything is dotted, MB is on CD and there's 5 or more mobs. It's really really infrequent that I use it. I get beaten in AOE packs, but I'm not languishing so far behind that I'm a burden on anything other than challenge modes where we care about time (and we don't yet). On encounters where there are 1 or 2 targets, (eg in CM's when you're using CC) my damage is consistently high.

Don't get me wrong, our AOE is poor, but the main issue for me is how much I have to work for it to do the damage I do, but when you focus on maximising your output, you'll do better than people are reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    A level 98 hunter beat me on damage when I was level 100. I think I'm doing something wrong lol. Mashing buttons isn't working out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    The spec isnt ez mode anymore so all the baddies can't do well
    Huehuehue. True talk, hunters and druids are the new warlock.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I loved how people nay-say'd the absolute hell out of that talent and now it's the go to for face melting. :P
    still hoping for VEnt to surpass CoP (at least for every fight with 2 targets living longer than 1 min) since I hate, what CoP has done to us as a DoT-class. Spamming 2 Buttons for using our DoTs for like 15 secs and then going back to 2 button spamming just doesn't feel right. But well, what can I do, either blizz balances the 3 talents before raids open up, or tuning will happen for t18 OR will never happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinterskygge View Post
    Well getting kicked from dungeons cos of low aoe dps doesn't really feel that great ..And since hc's is like 80% trashfight i wont sayhat im enjoying it. Single target might be oki.
    Our AoE dps is weak yeah, but if you're doing so badly that groups are actually kicking you either you're probably doing something wrong.

Anyway, what I've found to be decent for trash is to DoT up 2-3 targets then MS/MB another one. By the time DoTs are falling off, at least one mob should nearly be in the 20% range so don't refresh DoTs on them and make sure to get as many SW: Ds out as possible, especially on non-DoT targets because of CoP. By that point you will probably only use SW: D, MB and DP with the occasional Insanity depending on CDs and Orbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    still hoping for VEnt to surpass CoP (at least for every fight with 2 targets living longer than 1 min) since I hate, what CoP has done to us as a DoT-class. Spamming 2 Buttons for using our DoTs for like 15 secs and then going back to 2 button spamming just doesn't feel right. But well, what can I do, either blizz balances the 3 talents before raids open up, or tuning will happen for t18 OR will never happen.
    Before WoD launched it was already clear that CoP was gonna be the only competitive talent, at least till 6.1. The moment that was confirmed i decided to roll another class for WoD, happily playing a ww monk now.
    The people calling dotweaving "hard" are just mentally disturbed or something, there's nothing hard about it, in fact it's incredibly easy to do, but imho this has gone way too far from what shadowpriest was and is ment to be. the whole cop+dotweaving rotation is in my opinion a disgrace to what spriest was before WoD. I'll think about coming back to the class when they make the other 2 talents competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Before WoD launched it was already clear that CoP was gonna be the only competitive talent, at least till 6.1. The moment that was confirmed i decided to roll another class for WoD, happily playing a ww monk now.
    The people calling dotweaving "hard" are just mentally disturbed or something, there's nothing hard about it, in fact it's incredibly easy to do, but imho this has gone way too far from what shadowpriest was and is ment to be. the whole cop+dotweaving rotation is in my opinion a disgrace to what spriest was before WoD. I'll think about coming back to the class when they make the other 2 talents competitive.
    AS already IS competitive .
    Taking a browse through twintops sims (http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/re...141102-mythic/) you can see that from the 24 fight types, AS beats CoP on 14 of them. Pretty much every fight type that has 2 targets (+heavy movement single target). The majority of the fights where AS beats CoP is also using SoD. The fights where CoP wins is using MFI. Not sure if that relevant but thought it worth mentioning.