Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I remember all the "usual suspects" (read hate trolls) in my sweet dream tonight ...

And btw : those dudes will need to learn to draw NEW GRAPHS into the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranj View Post
    you know trial accounts count as subs right?
    Incorrect this had been a subject & debunked number of times. The Free Month is only counted if you bought the Battle Chest & your account is considered Standard Edition.

Toke this right from the press release post.

World of Warcraft’ s Subscriber Definition
    World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet game room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules.

Deleted
    0 to 100 Real quick whole guild on that real shizzz

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I remember all the "usual suspects" (read hate trolls) in my sweet dream tonight ...

And btw : those dudes will need to learn to draw NEW GRAPHS into the future.

Bet you wish you'd not sold all your stock now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopyHobo View Post
    Why does it say December 2014 when you mouse over the last dot?
    Chaud will fix it eventually or their is a reason, he will prbly explain it.

But...but wow is dead. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!!! THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!

Deleted
    haters getting BTFO

Deleted
    Well, there were fucking adds on the big TV channels in the Netherlands even so yeah, Blizzard got the word out I suppose.

Notice it was the exact same thing when MoP launched. It's shown in that very chart.
    Don't get your hopes up, it's all nice and shiny atm
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW has at least 20 years left.

The movie could drive Subs to new records.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranj View Post
    you know trial accounts count as subs right?
    I'm sure that suddenly millions felt the urge to trial...

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    its already down to like 8 mill with this terrible release. one week after and garrisons and dungeons still do not work
    Wait, what? I haven't seen any issue past the first day of playing (didn't play day 2). Been playing every day since Saturday. Dungeons have been fine. Garrisons have been fine, maybe a few minor design tweaks, but no major bugs.

Cool I was sure Blizzard would announce numbers soon since they are going up and we won't have to wait for the next quarter report.

This chart shows subscription number world wide but expansion release dates are only EU, US base not asian dates... For example Asia with a lot of subs back then was still in TBC when we were in WotLK.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2014-11-19 at 10:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    WOW has at least 20 years left.

The movie could drive Subs to new records.
    Only if it's good.

Ouch, MoP brought numbers down to the lowest it had been since 2006/7!

Glad its rebuilding, WoD is worth it...when you defeat the loading screen world boss that is

That certainly explains why the servers all crapped out upon WoD's launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    Well that explains the queue times.
    Long queue times are most likely due not to overabundance of players, but rather extreme lack of (tanks).
    Not enough time has passed for there to e sufficiently geared players for heroics. But I won't completely ignore the fact that the increasing amount of players is most certainly contributing to bloat. But it's also technically balancing out as there are more people to queue up with.

EDIT: I just realised you were probably referring to the server queue times. :|
    I honestl didn't experience them bearly as bad as others because I'm on a low-medium population server.
    Last edited by Buttonmasher; 2014-11-19 at 10:39 PM.

Same as when Mists launched. Wonder if it will have better player retention this time.

Deleted
    Wildstar WoW Killer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    it'll drop by 3mil in 6 months. Expansions always bring back subscribers.
    There hasn't been a jump as steep as this one though, it's more than all their expansion launches combined. 3x more than mop brought in.