Thread: WW CM Build

WW CM Build

Hello all, quick question about CMs and maybe something about raid build at the end. Just kind of wondering which build people are using for CMs? I currently run 2 WW builds (will never tank on my monk) one which as CB and CE, the other which has CB and Serenity (since fights are shorted, CB seems to be working better than ascension atm, which my opinion could change).

My question is, what are you guys running? I think I would run CB and CE on trash/multi target heavy CMs and CB and Serenity on single target heavy stuff. Do you think having ascension/serenity is worth it at that fight length?

Also - my CE damage seemed to decrease a bit last night, anyone else notice this?

And last note - seems like in raid I will run 2 WW specs for dps. Single target = Serenity/Ascension. Multi target = Ascension/CE. I like CB though but from all the sims I see it is probably done for now until we get more haste

Also, here is a link to my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nderchi/simple

From all the math and testing done by people smarter than me: ASC + Chex, CB + Serenity. In CM's assuming you'll be trying to medal and you can't change your talents, I'd be walking in with asc/xuen/chex.

Didn't notice the decrease in Chex.

Generally speaking in 5.4 Monks eschewed Ascension for Chi Brew only because we had enough haste via itemization to deem in not needed. Chex is a very haste hungry talent, and we don't have much of it beginning of expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by darklani View Post
    From all the math and testing done by people smarter than me: ASC + Chex, CB + Serenity. In CM's assuming you'll be trying to medal and you can't change your talents, I'd be walking in with asc/xuen/chex.

Didn't notice the decrease in Chex.

Generally speaking in 5.4 Monks eschewed Ascension for Chi Brew only because we had enough haste via itemization to deem in not needed. Chex is a very haste hungry talent, and we don't have much of it beginning of expansion.
    Blizzard said that it was a bug that you couldnt change talents, donno if it's fixed tho. Regardless you can change specc so he can keep 2 ww speccs with different talents if he wants.

I would go Chi brew + ChiEx anyway, been really strong both st and on aoe for me when I've done it.
    Last edited by nowish; 2014-11-20 at 05:47 PM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

I believe I have not experienced a fight long enough for ascension to be greater than chi brew. Also, was able to change spec last night in a CM

Quote Originally Posted by cmabbott View Post
    I believe I have not experienced a fight long enough for ascension to be greater than chi brew. Also, was able to change spec last night in a CM
    You can swap specs but you can't retalent.

Also Chi Brew + Chi Explosion.

I've done 2 golds so far and prefer Serenity + Chi Brew the burst is just too good to pass up.

EDIT: tried Chi Explosion, and I feel like I have very little control over my chi and it's a hindrance to stunning with FoFF because of chi starvation.
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2014-11-21 at 12:00 AM.