SIM C and Mistweaver

I started recently using Sim C for my toons. I am having one problem though. When I try to sim my mistweaver I always get weird stat weights or non at all. I have gone back and looked at a lot of the information out there for simming a healer, and most of it seems dated and not to apply to the newer versions of Sim C. I am using the latest version 603-9. I do make sure my role is set to healer and I do set the scale over to HPS. Is there an override I need or some option I am missing? Every healer sim comes out either incomplete or too low hps for my current gear. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Uinike View Post
    I started recently using Sim C for my toons. I am having one problem though. When I try to sim my mistweaver I always get weird stat weights or non at all. I have gone back and looked at a lot of the information out there for simming a healer, and most of it seems dated and not to apply to the newer versions of Sim C. I am using the latest version 603-9. I do make sure my role is set to healer and I do set the scale over to HPS. Is there an override I need or some option I am missing? Every healer sim comes out either incomplete or too low hps for my current gear. Any help would be appreciated.
    Simming a healer is an odd proposition. Damage patterns are different for every fight, and SimC doesn't do a very good job of accounting for that. The basic thought for gearing is that you should have spirit on all the pieces of gear that can have it (trinkets, cloak, and rings), multistrike is great for the ReM reset, and crit is a good all-around stat. Haste and mastery are less desirable stats because they don't scale particularly well with your abilities.

You should take a look at the MW sticky for more in-depth info and explanations for gearing, among other things. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...vE-Healing-6-0
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-11-21 at 02:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is coming from the main dev for the monk module of SimC, the Mistweaver module is FUBAR. I wanted to get the Windwalker and Brewmaster modules working first since those are the more common specs that SimC is used for. HOWEVER I do want to get to the Mistweaver module next. It's just I'm in a major push to get raid ready. Once I feel a bit more calmed down, I'll work on the Mistweaver module. Now the module is currently not COMPLETELY FUBARED since there is stuff in place, as well as most of the percs. But the interaction between everything is not there yet.

Thanks very much for the information both of you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    This is coming from the main dev for the monk module of SimC, the Mistweaver module is FUBAR. I wanted to get the Windwalker and Brewmaster modules working first since those are the more common specs that SimC is used for. HOWEVER I do want to get to the Mistweaver module next. It's just I'm in a major push to get raid ready. Once I feel a bit more calmed down, I'll work on the Mistweaver module. Now the module is currently not COMPLETELY FUBARED since there is stuff in place, as well as most of the percs. But the interaction between everything is not there yet.
    Big ups to you dude, I remember you doing work when I originally tried to get fistweaving working

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think y'all are thankful enough for the time and effort people put into making shit work

Deleted
    Thank You For Your Service

As Jocias says, Mistweaver sims are fairly useless unless they're extremely high-fidelity, which you can't really get, and certainly no one has ever done in the history of Mistweaver theorycraft. For the time being, there are estimate stat weights here. More precise weights are forthcoming.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-11-23 at 06:30 AM.